Infield hit rate: #1
Bunt hits: #1
Swinging rate: #3
Swinging rate pitches outside zone: #3
Swinging rate inside zone: #3
Babip: #15
Runs vs fastballs: #27
Walk rate: #28

We swing at everything, make weak contact, never walk, and can’t hit fastballs. WOOF!
How does that rank with the 2005 Royals?
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:53 PM 06-17-2021
Olivares gets optioned to AAA. Perfect time for him to be getting substantial playing time, but nope we have no room in the Majors for potential improvement because our lineup is crushing it!

The quicker Dayton and Matheny get canned the better. Dayton has an absolutely horrid track record of giving shitty vets with no potential insanely long leashes. He basically says fuck you to any prospect that isn't one of the top guys. He's just an absolutely horrid talent evaluator.
[Reply]
tk13 10:03 PM 06-17-2021
I totally missed that the Royals were dragged into this huge controversy on Twitter. A baseball writer with tens of thousands of followers posted a bunch of tweets listing off all the other teams that have cheated and done sign stealing over the last few years, and he basically said the 15 Royals might have kicked it off because they put their analytics and video teams right next to the dugout. Erik Kratz who was a backup catcher called him out and said that's completely false. The writer deleted all of it and is apologizing today and is begging for forgiveness.

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2021/6...-sign-stealing
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:48 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Olivares gets optioned to AAA. Perfect time for him to be getting substantial playing time, but nope we have no room in the Majors for potential improvement because our lineup is crushing it!

The quicker Dayton and Matheny get canned the better. Dayton has an absolutely horrid track record of giving shitty vets with no potential insanely long leashes. He basically says **** you to any prospect that isn't one of the top guys. He's just an absolutely horrid talent evaluator.
Padres gave Olivares up for Trevor Rosenthal. He is way over valued on this board.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:13 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Pitchers drafted by the DM since 2008 with at least 1.0 fWAR for the Royals:

Jakob Junis
Brady Singer
Scott Alexander
What about undrafted free agents and pitchers who were obtained in trades? It's not like DM didn't get any valuable pitchers here during his tenure.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:12 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
I totally missed that the Royals were dragged into this huge controversy on Twitter. A baseball writer with tens of thousands of followers posted a bunch of tweets listing off all the other teams that have cheated and done sign stealing over the last few years, and he basically said the 15 Royals might have kicked it off because they put their analytics and video teams right next to the dugout. Erik Kratz who was a backup catcher called him out and said that's completely false. The writer deleted all of it and is apologizing today and is begging for forgiveness.

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2021/6...-sign-stealing
It's 100 percent false. One of the two guys in that room every night is a good friend of mine. I've been in there with him when players are in there. I've seen what goes on during games in there. There was nothing happening.

If there was, the team wouldn't have fallen off in 2016 and 2017.

The funniest thing about that guy's claims re: the Royals was the statistics that i saw referenced comparing 2014 to 2015, which were slight increases that reflected the upgrades Morales (over Butler) and Zobrist (over Infante) provided.

Basic research, brah.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:16 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Padres gave Olivares up for Trevor Rosenthal. He is way over valued on this board.
He may be and he may (probably?) end up being nothing in the big leagues but referencing who he was traded for doesn’t necessarily ensure that. Baseball history is wrought with “throw away” type projects/minor leaguers who were traded for washed up pitchers/players, only to see the younger player find their footing and have very productive careers. See Bagwell, Jeff (obviously can’t expect Olivares to be anywhere near that production, but just saying).
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:18 AM 06-18-2021

Jakob Junis
Brady Singer
Scott Alexander
Are you starting that count in 2008 specifically to exclude Duffy and Holland?

Weird, arbitrary start date.

They did a decent job acquiring pitching talent early on (2007-2010 or so), especially if you include international signings like Herrera and Ventura, then struggled when the draft format changed and the hard slots went into place, and only recently came out of it with the college-heavy approach.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:19 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
He may be and he may (probably?) end up being nothing in the big leagues but referencing who he was traded for doesn’t necessarily ensure that. Baseball history is wrought with “throw away” type projects/minor leaguers who were traded for washed up pitchers/players, only to see the younger player find their footing and have very productive careers. See Bagwell, Jeff (obviously can’t expect Olivares to be anywhere near that production, but just saying).
Or, for a recent example, see Tatis Jr., Fernando.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:44 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Or, for a recent example, see Tatis Jr., Fernando.
Thank you. I was trying to think of a more recent example but…early morning fog.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:15 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Thank you. I was trying to think of a more recent example but…early morning fog.

I don’t think I’ll ever forget that the White Sox traded the best player not named Mike Trout for 1.5 replacement level seasons from James Shields.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:38 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
This is literally one of the dumber posts in this thread. I don't care who we have up for him. He's been killing it in Omaha and deserves a chance to show what he can do, especially since we have about 5 auto outs in the lineup.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:53 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This is literally one of the dumber posts in this thread. I don't care who we have up for him. He's been killing it in Omaha and deserves a chance to show what he can do, especially since we have about 5 auto outs in the lineup.
CC is a Royals super homer and will defend just about anything Dayton does.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:52 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
If he was with the Royals it would be

11 HR

12 RBI
More like 11 HR with 10 RBI (fuck you Blue!)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:53 AM 06-18-2021

Jakob Junis
Brady Singer
Scott Alexander
There is still time to get 2 of those back under that threshold.
[Reply]
Page 192 of 440
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292 > Last »
Up