5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:04 AM 05-15-2021
Why does this losing streak hurt so much worse than years past? — Caleb Q.

I’ve thought a lot about this one because, from the interactions I’ve had both virtually and in person, it has felt evident. To me, there are a few reasons, and the first is how this team has talked about itself.

Beginning this offseason, from top to bottom — from the front office to the players — this club has expressed not only a desire to win this season but also a belief that they’d actually be able to. In some ways, they have to do that, right? They have to believe in themselves because if they don’t, who will? I do, though, think setting that type of expectation affects the psyche of fans. Because even though the Royals have done this in the past, they did make a couple of moves to back up their comments.

Another element to this is the team’s start. The Royals solidified their preseason talk with action, tallying a 16-9 record through the first 25 games. As rational as any Royals fan might have been before the season, that start had to fill them with hope because truth be told, they’ve seen Royals teams talk positively about themselves and back it up (cough, 2014, cough). In an instant, though, the start came screeching to a halt, crashing, spinning out of control. It had to feel like you’d been teased, like the building you had been constructing for months collapsed.

The third part of this is pretty simple. Before this season, Royals fans had endured three seasons of brutal baseball. This goes back to 2017. Once the Royals traded Mike Moustakas, and both Lorenzo Cain and Eric Hosmer signed with other teams (the Milwaukee Brewers and San Diego Padres, respectively), most fans knew what was coming. The Royals’ 10 straight losses in 2018 and 10 straight losses in 2019 had to be somewhat expected. This is year four. Another 10-game losing streak has happened. If you care enough, you’ll probably reach a point where you can’t tolerate any more tough years.

It feels as if Royals fans have hit that threshold.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:06 AM 05-15-2021
What’s the plan when Mondesi comes back? Nicky to second base, and Whit to right field? Or keep Whit at second base and move Nicky to the utility infield spot? — Jacob W.

The way I see it, this is going to come down to the way Lopez is playing. He’s had some good stretches. Twenty games into the season, his OPS was .744. But he’s also had some rough stretches. By May 7, his OPS had dipped down to .581.

In the past few days, Lopez’s swing has appeared to have rhythm again. And for the Royals to be the best defensive team they can be, they’d benefit from having him at second base. The issue is going to be third base regardless. Dozier has not played well there. If Merrifield is in right field, Dozier will likely have to play third. If Merrifield stays at second base, and Dozier moves out to right field, who will play third daily?

Hanser Alberto? Or someone else such as … Well, this is a good segue.

With Bobby Witt Jr. struggling versus Double-A pitching, is it now becoming obvious he truly needed more seasoning? — Craig G.

https://twitter.com/jaykirkendall/st...731660288?s=21

This was Wednesday night, his sixth true competitive game in two years. Timing takes a bit. He’ll be fine. The Royals weren’t going to rush things with a guy who hadn’t played more than 37 professional games. But if he rakes, and if there is an obvious opportunity at the big-league level, Witt’s time will come.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:19 AM 05-15-2021
Bobby Witt Jr. had two walks tonight during an 0-for-2 performance. I love to see those bases on balls.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:23 AM 05-15-2021
Witt had a steal, too.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:26 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
What’s the plan when Mondesi comes back? Nicky to second base, and Whit to right field? Or keep Whit at second base and move Nicky to the utility infield spot? — Jacob W.

The way I see it, this is going to come down to the way Lopez is playing. He’s had some good stretches. Twenty games into the season, his OPS was .744. But he’s also had some rough stretches. By May 7, his OPS had dipped down to .581.

In the past few days, Lopez’s swing has appeared to have rhythm again. And for the Royals to be the best defensive team they can be, they’d benefit from having him at second base. The issue is going to be third base regardless. Dozier has not played well there. If Merrifield is in right field, Dozier will likely have to play third. If Merrifield stays at second base, and Dozier moves out to right field, who will play third daily?

Hanser Alberto? Or someone else such as … Well, this is a good segue.

With Bobby Witt Jr. struggling versus Double-A pitching, is it now becoming obvious he truly needed more seasoning? — Craig G.

https://twitter.com/jaykirkendall/st...731660288?s=21

This was Wednesday night, his sixth true competitive game in two years. Timing takes a bit. He’ll be fine. The Royals weren’t going to rush things with a guy who hadn’t played more than 37 professional games. But if he rakes, and if there is an obvious opportunity at the big-league level, Witt’s time will come.
Lopez is a no talent ass clown. The only thing he can do is be a shitty chop hitting utility guy. I liked his stats in the MiLB until I saw him bat. Zero power at all. Garbage hits. Not even Mondesi defense. But if he can be an iron man maybe he has some value.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:55 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Lopez is a no talent ass clown. The only thing he can do is be a shitty chop hitting utility guy. I liked his stats in the MiLB until I saw him bat. Zero power at all. Garbage hits. Not even Mondesi defense. But if he can be an iron man maybe he has some value.
You are just a bundle full of Joy.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:06 PM 05-15-2021
Sitting in Springdale watching the naturals. Mj Melendez hit a bomb. Mondesi go a nice hit. And in 3 at bats, witt hit one rocket but lined out to short. Fun watching guys who will be in the show soon, and we're right behind the rail where the teams goes into their dugout. I'd girl highly encourage a trip down here.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:08 PM 05-15-2021
Pratto showing off the leather at first too.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 07:35 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Sitting in Springdale watching the naturals. Mj Melendez hit a bomb. Mondesi go a nice hit. And in 3 at bats, witt hit one rocket but lined out to short. Fun watching guys who will be in the show soon, and we're right behind the rail where the teams goes into their dugout. I'd girl highly encourage a trip down here.
I'm going to two Naturals games in Springfield next week. Looking forward to seeing Witt in person.
[Reply]
TLO 08:35 PM 05-15-2021
I like winning.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:23 PM 05-15-2021
My friend got Bobby witt to toss up a batting glove to his 3 yr old. You'd never be able to authenticate it, but on a personal level that was pretty cool
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:28 PM 05-15-2021
My friend got Bobby witt to toss up a batting glove to his 3 yr old. You'd never be able to authenticate it, but on a personal level that was pretty cool
I'm hoping to try to get my daughter a signature at the game next week.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:42 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I'm hoping to try to get my daughter a signature at the game next week.
Not a chance. Best bet is to ask for a bat after it breaks.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:47 PM 05-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I'm going to two Naturals games in Springfield next week. Looking forward to seeing Witt in person.
Love me some Hammons Field games. Haven't been in a while, might need to go down to Springvegas for a game.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:59 PM 05-15-2021
Not a chance. Best bet is to ask for a bat after it breaks.
Makes me miss Wranglers games. Friend got an Alex Gordon signature and didn’t even ask, Gordo offered.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 440
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Up