ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 NBA Offseason Thread
Sassy Squatch 07:15 AM 11-17-2020

Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue. https://t.co/qwJOQOxz5U

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 17, 2020

Houston sports are bursting into flames.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:54 PM 01-13-2021
Harden is one of the best offensive players to ever play the game. He's more than worth his contract. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:55 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Houston has bent over backwards to try and build a contender around James Harden. They signed CP3 and surrounded them with talent in Clint Capela, Trevor Ariza and PJ Tucker.
And then they fired the GM, the coach and started trading away players, hence Harden wanting to move on.

Duh.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:56 PM 01-13-2021
Yeah, that's fucking ridiculous. Even the mid tier stars get max money nowadays.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:06 PM 01-13-2021
Just don't understand how the Rockets managed to trade Harden without getting a single even borderline elite player back.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:10 PM 01-13-2021
The Lakers are still the heavy favorite. Chemistry is quite real and may take some time to develop. You have to remember the original super team couldn't even beat basically a 1 man team in 2011.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:23 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The Lakers are still the heavy favorite. Chemistry is quite real and may take some time to develop. You have to remember the original super team couldn't even beat basically a 1 man team in 2011.
As long as Kyrie Irving decides he wants to play basketball, the Nets will not lose this season.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:26 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
As long as Kyrie Irving decides he wants to play basketball, the Nets will not lose this season.
Take it up with Vegas.

Brooklyn now has +270 odds to win the NBA Championship, ranking second in the NBA behind only the Los Angeles Lakers (+260)
[Reply]
Marco Polo 05:41 PM 01-13-2021
Fuck Harden.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:50 PM 01-13-2021
As a Sixers fan I was rooting for us to trade Simmons for Harden as him and Embiid would have been fun to watch...but when reports today suggested that the Rox wanted Ben AND our new potential superstar star Tyrese Maxey along with picks?!!..i was out. Maxey could be another Harden, Dame, Mitchell type of dude in the years to come and there was no way Morey would have done that deal. The East is gonna be a nightmare now with Harden, KD and Kyrie together but can that team defend? I have my doubts. My Sixers will probably try to develop our young core or maybe try and trade for Beal or Levine.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:57 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Take it up with Vegas.

Brooklyn now has +270 odds to win the NBA Championship, ranking second in the NBA behind only the Los Angeles Lakers (+260)
That'll change whenever Kyrie Irving returns to the team. For now, there is still doubt about whether that guy is even going to play. Once he returns, that's as close to a lock as you're going to get in the NBA.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:08 PM 01-13-2021
:-) I'd give this current iteration of the Nets moren of a chance to become a legitimate three ring circus than make it to the NBA finals.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:16 PM 01-13-2021
That'll change whenever Kyrie Irving returns to the team. For now, there is still doubt about whether that guy is even going to play. Once he returns, that's as close to a lock as you're going to get in the NBA.
Can they defend? It's ok scoring a bunch of points but at some point you have to defend and kd and Harden aren't young anymore whilst Kyrie has always been a poor defender.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:30 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) I'd give this current iteration of the Nets moren of a chance to become a legitimate three ring circus than make it to the NBA finals.
The Nets have the 6th (Harden), 10th (Durant), and 29th (Irving) ranked players in BPM in the history of the NBA since 1973-1974: https://www.basketball-reference.com...pm_career.html

Anybody who doesn't realize what this team is doesn't have a clue. Durant/Curry/Klay is the only thing even close to that trio in NBA history. There's a pretty good argument they're already the best team in the NBA even if Kyrie Irving doesn't buy in, but if he does, it's game over.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:34 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Can they defend? It's ok scoring a bunch of points but at some point you have to defend and kd and Harden aren't young anymore whilst Kyrie has always been a poor defender.
Durant and Harden have always been very good defenders when they've needed to be.

Besides, Curry was an absolutely dreadful defender who teams exposed repeatedly in the playoffs and it didn't matter at all because of the KD Warriors' immense offensive talent. The Nets arguably are even better in that regard as Kyrie can do so much more off the dribble than Klay ever could.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:38 PM 01-13-2021
The Nets have the 6th (Harden), 10th (Durant), and 29th (Irving) ranked players in BPM in the history of the NBA since 1973-1974: https://www.basketball-reference.com...pm_career.html

Anybody who doesn't realize what this team is doesn't have a clue. Durant/Curry/Klay is the only thing even close to that trio in NBA history. There's a pretty good argument they're already the best team in the NBA even if Kyrie Irving doesn't buy in, but if he does, it's game over.
:-) Sorry, Vegas disagrees with you. All 3 of these guys have horrendously toxic personalities and there's no guarantee they won't just be at each other's throats to the point where it's unsalvageable, especially with the style of basketball they each play.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up