ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 173
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:00 PM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You're slacking on me, Fast Eddie

PICS DAMMIT :-)
The only ones I can post here are ones taken with my ipad. If you ever get onto FACEBOOK, you can see pics galore on my page!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:49 PM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You're slacking on me, Fast Eddie

PICS DAMMIT :-)
Off topic, but I love Fast Eddies Red Dogs.

Back to regularly scheduled programming :
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:49 PM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
The only ones I can post here are ones taken with my ipad. If you ever get onto FACEBOOK, you can see pics galore on my page!
LOL
[Reply]
Squalor2 10:06 PM 05-11-2016
happy birthday.patteeu (53), marcus (48), el borracho (46), The Chiefs Dude (29)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:38 AM 05-12-2016
I tried a new beer yesterday, Jacobsen porter. It was a hearty porter, rich and robust with flavors of roasted coffee, dark chocolate, and a hint of licorice in the aroma. Tomorrow, I head to Scotland for five days and I am looking forward to the new discoveries that await me there. One of my cousins did an ancestor search and if it is to be believed, I am related to Robert the Bruce and some other Scottish king. I have to wonder about those sites. It's much more exciting to be related to royalty than say Shaun Stewart, turnip farmer.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:09 PM 05-12-2016
Pics of your vacation? I'd love to see that. If that's cool, pm me you FB profile link.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:19 PM 05-12-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Pics of your vacation? I'd love to see that. If that's cool, pm me you FB profile link.
Sent. I have pics of my trips to Denmark from several trips, so feel free to check them out.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:35 PM 05-12-2016
I tried a new beer yesterday, Jacobsen porter. It was a hearty porter, rich and robust with flavors of roasted coffee, dark chocolate, and a hint of licorice in the aroma. Tomorrow, I head to Scotland for five days and I am looking forward to the new discoveries that await me there. One of my cousins did an ancestor search and if it is to be believed, I am related to Robert the Bruce and some other Scottish king. I have to wonder about those sites. It's much more exciting to be related to royalty than say Shaun Stewart, turnip farmer.

I would like to be related to Sean Connery or Ewan McGregor. But turnip farming has it's place too.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:43 AM 05-13-2016
Ahm inna airrrrport noo, ye bawbags! Ahm off tae Edinburra wi' one stop in Copenhagen. Then noo a'ventures await me in Scotland, fine broos, a wee dram, and a taste of the haggis. Doont be too jealous, ye dirty wee bastards!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:41 AM 05-13-2016
I am in my hotel now and impressed the check in crew with my Scottish accent. I also saw a row outside. A man on a motorbike almost hit a guy on the street and he yelled at him, shook his fist and the cyclist did the same. The cyclist told him to come on then and would take off when he got close. The man turned back after the cyclist sped off to safety and I laughed, and said, "He doesn't want any of you, mate!" He replied that the man nearly clipped him and that he was a wanker. I said, "Cheers, mate," and he replied in kind. I like this town already!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:51 PM 05-13-2016
You all are going to think I am pulling your legs, but I met a guy in a pub and hung out all night with him named JOHNNIE WALKER! He is an Aussie, but still, I am in Scotland and met a dude named Johnnie Walker! :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:00 PM 05-13-2016
You all are going to think I am pulling your legs, but I met a guy in a pub and hung out all night with him named JOHNNIE WALKER! He is an Aussie, but still, I am in Scotland and met a dude named Johnnie Walker! :-)
Have fun, man!
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:01 PM 05-13-2016
Haha! Thats great! Wish I'd seen Edinburgh myself, but I've never made it over there. Have a coworker who's a native and if she is representative then I believe your story about the walker and the wanker!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:13 PM 05-13-2016
Meet anybody names Glenn Livet yet?
[Reply]
cdcox 09:22 PM 05-13-2016
Edinburgh is a cool place. I was there only a few days but I have lots of good memories. It has loads of character.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 173
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Up