ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 28
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:45 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
"It's like they're rubbing our noses in it.

I seriously hate them more than NE.
"

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...ge/3/#comments
:-)

Originally Posted by :
I had come to terms with the face we wouldn’t be the ones who signed him after all the bs that went on…

However, Kansas City?… because, of course it’s Kansas City.

[Reply]
notorious 02:45 PM 02-22-2024
Bills forum is lit:

Originally Posted by :
I don't think the Chiefs realize that he was not guilty... they are gonna feel really dumb when they do their research and find out he's not a real criminal
Originally Posted by :
Good thing is we don’t make them punt in the playoffs.
Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs are our daddy. I'm so depressed
Originally Posted by :
This is the thing that's gonna put them over the top.
Originally Posted by :
I wasn't worried about the Chiefs before, but NOW?! Look out.
Originally Posted by :
At least this won't have any effect on our playoff matchups.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:46 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, I wouldn't go that far about inconsistency though I agree he was more inconsistent this year. he's still one of the better punters in the league. And i can't help but wonder how much battling injuries all year might have something to do with that. We said the same about butker last season.

I care a lot more about the holding than the punting. And Townsend has finally got it down where araiza was trying to learn it. I dunno... Given the season butker had I don't want to mess with it
No he isn't.

Find me some numbers that support it. He was, at best, an average punter last season. Even stuff like Puntalytics has him barely in the top 20 and that's all they do.

Wanna say you're worried about the holding aspect of it? Aight - worry away, I guess. But as a punter, Townsend was nothing special. He has been a JAG most of his career with one notably good season in 2022.
[Reply]
Chazno 02:46 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
"The Chiefs are our daddy. I'm so depressed."

:-)
"Good thing is we don’t make them punt in the playoffs. "
[Reply]
RunKC 02:46 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Shouldn't change what we pay Jones - offer him what you think he's worth. If he takes it, fantastic. If not, move along.

But it frees up enough space for the kind of moves that paid huge dividends on the fringes of the roster for us the last several seasons. Again, to my eyes its actually:

Townsend

or

Araiza + Tranquill

That's an easy choice.
After what Butker did this season, he's gonna want Justin Tucker money, and he damn well deserves it.

Veach will happily extend Butker this off-season so he doesn't see FA after 2024 is over.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:50 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I'll eat crow on it. I wrote him off to die.

I still wonder if he is a piece of shit for even being in the proximity of it, and if so, how that will mesh with Butker, but I guess we'll see.
He was at a college party and left an hour before the alleged "rape" happened. Prosecutors didn't charge anyone as the defendent lied about her age and seemed to be performing acts in the video willingly.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/bu...ree-agent-news

There was still a civil lawsuit against the men, including Araiza, despite it being shown he wasn't there. He filed a defamation suit against the women. She released him from the civil litigation in December and he dropped his suit in return. She knew he did nothing. It seems he is a good kid by all accounts and got caught up in this because of his notoriety of being the Punt God.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...uit-settlement
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:51 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) Once he said Spagnuolo didn't REALLY mean it when he's said repeatedly over and over again he still wants to be a HC I just kind of gave up on engaging with him. You can literally find hard proof of something and if it goes against the narrative he's crafted in his head he'll do anything to disregard or ignore it. Completely pointless to interact with him.
You've just described CP DC about as accurately as I've ever seen.
[Reply]
notorious 02:52 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
He was at a college party and left an hour before the alleged "rape" happened. Prosecutors didn't charge anyone as the defendent lied about her age and seemed to be performing acts in the video willingly.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/bu...ree-agent-news

There was still a civil lawsuit against the men, including Araiza, despite it being shown he wasn't there. He filed a defamation suit against the women. She released him from the civil litigation in December and he dropped his suit in return. She knew he did nothing. It seems he is a good kid by all accounts and got caught up in this because of his notoriety of being the Punt God.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...uit-settlement
Yep, it was all a load of shit. Sound familiar?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:53 PM 02-22-2024
He might not even be a good kid. He might be an arrogant douchey college kid.

But honestly, that doesn’t matter. As long as he didn’t break the law, who really cares?

Doesn’t sound like there are any other red flags around him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:54 PM 02-22-2024
That video of her at the party is something else.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:54 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Agreed. That's where I'm at too. But end of the day if he can play and help, I didn't carme about tyreek because dude could play and I won't care for araiza if he can play. I just don't know if Townsend is as replaceable as we think
What? He's a Punter, and he was very average in 2023. He's very replaceable
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
That video of her at the party is something else.
Link?
[Reply]
notorious 02:55 PM 02-22-2024
Late 4th quarter of the AFC Championship game next year Buffalo radio:

"Chiefs lead by 2, at their own one with 30 seconds left. Bills are going to get great field position to set up a winning field goal and here's the punt............holy shit.....****......touchback, 8 seconds left on the clock, I want to kill myself"
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:56 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Townsend is going to get a pretty decent payday and Arazia is a better kicker. Dont overthink it.
They better be 200% sure he can hold. Justin Tucker kept his punter around for an eternity because he refused to change holders. Doesn't make me comfortable that he was learning to hold for a very short buffalo training camp.

Also, as of now we know the dude has an unreal leg. Still a lot to prove that he's a better all around punter. Touchback rate isn't great for a league and a team that will need a lot of shorter field punts. I mean I guess it's worth a shot to see how much he can flash in the next few months before you make a decision on Townsend. But I don't think we'll have nearly enough time to know what we have before we make that call on Townsend
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:57 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Link?
https://youtu.be/b2QD1kwMse8?si=I8BwaCQ1-4TN5Jaw
[Reply]
Page 7 of 28
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up