ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
J Diddy 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
STUPIDEST ****ING ENDING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus all the entertainment of other things.
[Reply]
burt 05:21 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture:
:-)

Just when I thought you couldnt get ANY dumber...you type THIS.:-)

Seriously, its all good you didnt like the ending (or "get" the ending for that matter).
I wouldnt expect a simpleton Misery fan to understand film like this.

The FACT that it won a bunch of Oscars assures it is a brillant film and highly praised by critics everywhere. I will take their opinions over yours anyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
Yeah....about that. Here are a few gems that won an Oscar....

Abyss, The (1989) - 1/4
Accountant, The (2001) - 1/1
Accused, The (1988) - 1/1
Adaptation. (2002) - 1/4
Affliction (1998) - 1/2
Airport (1970) - 1/10
Aladdin (1992) - 2/5
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore (1974) - 1/3
Alien (1979) - 1/2
Aliens (1986) - 2/7
All About My Mother (aka Todo sobre mi madre, 1999) - 1/1
All That Jazz (1979) - 4/9
Amadeus (1984) - 8/11, Best Picture
American Werewolf in London, An (1981) - 1/1
Anderson Platoon, The (aka La Section Anderson, 1967) - 1/1
Angel and Big Joe (1975) - 1/1
Annie Get Your Gun (1950) - 1/4
Annie Hall (1977) - 4/5, Best Picture
Aquatic House Party (1949) - 1/1
Around the World in 80 Days (1956) - 5/8, Best Picture
Arthur (1981) - 2/4
Babe (1995) - 1/7

and that is just some "A"s and one B... Yep those Oscar people know a great movie.....:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:38 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by T.B.A.:
Adaptation. (2002) - 1/4
Amadeus (1984) - 8/11, Best Picture
Annie Hall (1977) - 4/5, Best Picture
Wait a gat damn minnit!!!
If you're gonna start blathering ANYTHING about these being less than stellar movies, things JUST GOT REAL!!!
[Reply]
Adept Havelock 05:52 PM 11-24-2008
NCFOM? I loved it. It was much better than CATS. I'm going to see it again and again.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:56 PM 11-24-2008

Seriously, its all good you didnt like the ending (or "get" the ending for that matter).

The FACT that it won a bunch of Oscars assures it is a brillant film and highly praised by critics everywhere. I will take their opinions over yours anyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
Dude. You're not helping (and take note, we're arguing the same side).

You were much better on universal ignore.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:57 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wait a gat damn minnit!!!
If you're gonna start blathering ANYTHING about these being less than stellar movies, things JUST GOT REAL!!!
Agreed. I'd add:

Alien (1979) - 1/2
Aliens (1986) - 2/7
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:59 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Agreed. I'd add:

Alien (1979) - 1/2
Aliens (1986) - 2/7
I enjoy sci-fi, and I enjoyed these two incarnations of the Aliens series, but they were popcorn movies.

Annie Hall, Adaptation and Amadeus are timeless.

He could've made his point by observing that 'Shakespeare in Love' was just Hollywood spooging themselves over their own in-jokes.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:09 PM 11-24-2008

UM I don't like missouri. I like Penn State. I don't care whit critics say or Oscars they won. I wasn't offering you my opinion. Quite to the contrary I wouldn't walk across the street to offer you my piss to put you out if you were on fire.

Furthermore, your opinion is of such little consequence that as I type this I'm feeling ashamed of myself because I felt compelled to respond your blathering.
[Reply]
burt 06:15 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I enjoy sci-fi, and I enjoyed these two incarnations of the Aliens series, but they were popcorn movies.

Annie Hall, Adaptation and Amadeus are timeless.

He could've made his point by observing that 'Shakespeare in Love' was just Hollywood spooging themselves over their own in-jokes.
I didn't mean to offend.....I actually enjoyed some of the movies that I mentioned....but wouldn't consider them GREAT. Obviously I should edit better. But because they earned an Oscar or two, Midnight Douche thinks thae are great. Oh shit, I just used the phrase....Midnight Douche thinks.....sorry.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:31 PM 11-24-2008
I bet you cant wait til the Punisher comes out huh?

And there was a "kickass" shootout in it. Did you sleep thru the hotel scene where Brolin gets injured???
Oh great, you're just another Claythan. You're just another wannabe movie snob that wants to try to look smart by calling everyone else ignorant because the movie, in truth, was fucking boring. And I know, I know, you're going to take that tired, worn out "you're not smart enough to get it" angle. The goal of a movie should be to entertain, and IMO, it didn't
[Reply]
blaise 07:00 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
Spoiler!

Even it was a few hours that was still hasty when you consider what he did.
And no, not everyone ended up with that fate. The father himself ventured out and back. Why not wait and see if what ended up happening, ended up happening? Why not try the radio?
It was retarded.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:04 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Hey now, I'm an MU fan who loved the film.

Also, while we are in agreement in this thread, I wouldn't say that Oscars actually "assure the brilliance" of a film. The Oscar voters make plenty of mistakes/wrong decisions with their awards.
Do you really give a shit what he thinks?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:05 PM 11-24-2008
I thought it was a badass movie, alot of people didnt like it cause of the way it ended, i thought it was great
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:20 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Do you really give a shit what he thinks?
He's on an amazing streak of being only-partially-a-jagbag. I wanted to see if it could continue.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:38 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus:
Oh great, you're just another Claythan. You're just another wannabe movie snob that wants to try to look smart by calling everyone else ignorant because the movie, in truth, was ****ing boring. And I know, I know, you're going to take that tired, worn out "you're not smart enough to get it" angle. The goal of a movie should be to entertain, and IMO, it didn't
OK, first I want you to recognize I have not once said in this thread that anyone was right or wrong in their assertions. Just that I disagree.

That said, to say "the goal of a movie should be to entertain" ... that is incorrect.

Movies are for entertainment... and can be so much more.

The art of film (or any art for that matter) can be, and absolutely should be whenever it can, more, even a catalyst for change.

Just because all YOU want out of a movie is to be entertained is not to say that is all the artists involved in making it wanted.

If you don't like "art films" then don't see them. They weren't made for you (the universal you - those who don't like them).

The Coens, like it or not, are artists. Their films speak more than just on the surface.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:41 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
He's on an amazing streak of being only-partially-a-jagbag. I wanted to see if it could continue.
I suspect it depends on the topic at hand.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up