ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 173
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
TheUte 02:36 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I love the wheels on my RK, but man are they a PITA to clean as well as put in air. They should have designed them with a 90 degree elbow valve stem.

As for the other part about purchasing the bike, it's kind of funny. My wife actually talked me into buying it. I was trying to be more $$ conscious and wait until I paid off the Softail Deluxe. But she made a very well reasoned argument that the payment wouldn't be much more and I might as well have the bike I wanted, etc. Man, gotta love that woman. :-)
Man, I hate checking air on both the RK and SG, holy crap could they have made it any worse.

Do you know if anybody makes replacement 90 degree valves?
[Reply]
Dayze 02:42 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
Man, I hate checking air on both the RK and SG, holy crap could they have made it any worse.

Do you know if anybody makes replacement 90 degree valves?
I haven't even checked mine. Hopefully they're less painful because of the spokes.
[Reply]
TheUte 03:30 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I haven't even checked mine. Hopefully they're less painful because of the spokes.
Should be fine. On the Touring models the Disk brakes and the bags get in the way. I never had a problem on the soft tail or Sporty.

I found a couple of 90 extenders,
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/505-342
http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Dualie...gy_auto_text_z

Probably give them a shot and see.
[Reply]
Dayze 04:05 PM 01-24-2014
Should be fine. On the Touring models the Disk brakes and the bags get in the way. I never had a problem on the soft tail or Sporty.

I found a couple of 90 extenders,
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/505-342
http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Dualie...gy_auto_text_z

Probably give them a shot and see.
good point. I don't have any bags, and barely a front fender.

....now if I were to get a 100 spoke wheel instead of 80....:-)
[Reply]
TheUte 04:09 PM 01-24-2014
Have you ever Slimed your tires?

Seems like a good idea, but I have never gotten around to it.
[Reply]
Dayze 04:17 PM 01-24-2014
Have you ever Slimed your tires?

Seems like a good idea, but I have never gotten around to it.
Queue?
[Reply]
vailpass 07:08 PM 01-24-2014
Queue?
Puncture resistant goo. We live on it here in AZ.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:33 PM 01-24-2014
ah, ok. Now it rings a bell.
[Reply]
TheUte 10:08 AM 01-25-2014
ah, ok. Now it rings a bell.
Used in bicycle tires for a while.

I think I will try it this winter. Should be a nice thing when on the long road trips.

Has anyone tried nitrogen?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:02 AM 01-25-2014
Has anyone here used Black Label Cycles for anything? They are located up in the West Bottoms and claim to do just about everything, even custom fabrications... Not too many around here can actually run the full gambit like that. They are new and don't have much of a portfolio, i was thinking about hitting them up for some customizations but am a little wary of new businesses that say they can do everything like that. They might THINK they can, but i don't wanna drop 2 bills on something that sucks.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:05 AM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Has anyone here used Black Label Cycles for anything? They are located up in the West Bottoms and claim to do just about everything, even custom fabrications... Not too many around here can actually run the full gambit like that. They are new and don't have much of a portfolio, i was thinking about hitting them up for some customizations but am a little wary of new businesses that say they can do everything like that. They might THINK they can, but i don't wanna drop 2 bills on something that sucks.
I think I've heard of them. I'll ask a round though to see if any of my/or my brother's grease monkey friends have heard of them.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:36 AM 01-26-2014
Anyone up for a ride today? I'm in Lenexa and was wanting to get out of here in a bit, so I figured if any CPers with scoots wanted to go. No idea of a route, have a few ideas though.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:21 AM 01-26-2014
Anyone up for a ride today? I'm in Lenexa and was wanting to get out of here in a bit, so I figured if any CPers with scoots wanted to go. No idea of a route, have a few ideas though.
I'm about to head out too, guess we could try to meet in the middle, boonville area seems about right. Have just enough time for one beer the. Probably have to come back
[Reply]
Dayze 07:23 PM 01-26-2014
damnit...I didn't see this post.
I ended up riding in the Excelsior Springs area.
Where are you at?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:34 PM 01-26-2014
Sorry Dayze, didn't see this or I would have met up with you today.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 173
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up