ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 173
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Lzen 01:22 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yeah, I pretty much live at gas stations. lol

oh well. sometimes you pay a price for being cool. :-)

what kind of scoot do you have? (might have already been in here, but I'm too lazy)
I bought a 2013 Harley Road King in July. It's in this thread somewhere. I had a 2005 Harley Softail Deluxe prior to that. And before that is was a 2005 Honda Shadow Aero.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:24 PM 01-17-2014
Here they are:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=163

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=164

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=165
[Reply]
Dayze 01:25 PM 01-17-2014
Noice. That RK looks awesome. Love the front wheel.

I'm hoping my next one with be a Street Glide, but that's a ways down the line I suspect. The 72 was a pretty easy sell to the wife $-wise. Street-Glide....will take some convincing. lol
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:30 PM 01-17-2014

I'm hoping my next one with be a Street Glide, but that's a ways down the line I suspect. The 72 was a pretty easy sell to the wife $-wise. Street-Glide....will take some convincing. lol
I went by Worth while up north this week... there is a Special edition Street Glide by the front door that blew my socks off... I had to force myself to leave.. It was amazing.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:32 PM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
I went by Worth while up north this week... there is a Special edition Street Glide by the front door that blew my socks off... I had to force myself to leave.. It was amazing.
that's usually how it goes for me as well. If I need something, I walk in, take a route AROUND the floor; pick up what I need, and leave in haste.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:35 PM 01-17-2014
I really do love my fat bob... It handles so well... however... having rode long distance on it, it's still a DYNA. In the end I'll end up having a Street Glide if just for the trips.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:44 PM 01-17-2014
one of these days I'm going to test ride a Street Glide. Though I fear I'll fall in love with it lol.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:25 AM 01-24-2014
In case any one is interested:

Rawhide Harley Davidson in Olathe - "Luau " Saturday 01/25 & 01/26.

Free pig roast and beer.

15% off aftermarket accessories
20% off apparel.

Could win a $250 gift card.
[Reply]
TheUte 12:25 PM 01-24-2014
one of these days I'm going to test ride a Street Glide. Though I fear I'll fall in love with it lol.
I love my 2009, looking at the 14's now. Can't decide if I like to new fairing.

You should go ride one, you will love it.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:10 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
I love my 2009, looking at the 14's now. Can't decide if I like to new fairing.

You should go ride one, you will love it.
that's what I'm afraid of. :-)

probably in a few years after my old ass can't take riding the '72 anymore. though, I suspect i"ll try to keep it forever to break out every now and again.
[Reply]
TheUte 01:38 PM 01-24-2014
that's what I'm afraid of. :-)

probably in a few years after my old ass can't take riding the '72 anymore. though, I suspect i"ll try to keep it forever to break out every now and again.
Do it, you will love it.

Damn now I want to go for a ride, shit see what you started.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:42 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
...Damn now I want to go for a ride...
I know it. Stupid winter. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 01:46 PM 01-24-2014

I love the wheels on my RK, but man are they a PITA to clean as well as put in air. They should have designed them with a 90 degree elbow valve stem.

As for the other part about purchasing the bike, it's kind of funny. My wife actually talked me into buying it. I was trying to be more $$ conscious and wait until I paid off the Softail Deluxe. But she made a very well reasoned argument that the payment wouldn't be much more and I might as well have the bike I wanted, etc. Man, gotta love that woman. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 02:17 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I love the wheels on my RK, but man are they a PITA to clean as well as put in air. They should have designed them with a 90 degree elbow valve stem.

As for the other part about purchasing the bike, it's kind of funny. My wife actually talked me into buying it. I was trying to be more $$ conscious and wait until I paid off the Softail Deluxe. But she made a very well reasoned argument that the payment wouldn't be much more and I might as well have the bike I wanted, etc. Man, gotta love that woman. :-)
mine did the same regarding getting the candy flake or not; as well as buying a used nightster for like $8500; I scored my 72 w/ hard candy for $10.1k.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:18 PM 01-24-2014
I know man. I managed to ride both days last weekend, and 'Might' ride this weekend if the weather guessers are correct in saying it's going to be 54 on Sunday
I'm riding dirty though. I'm a rebel.

though I need to get my shit clean as soon as possible lol. Probably end of February.
had some end of year shit happen that depleted my funds .
[Reply]
Page 43 of 173
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up