ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 173
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 02:58 PM 02-02-2017
So I put almost 500 miles on the bike over the weekend, and I just can't help but think how lucky I am to get nice enough weather after buying a bike in January.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:07 PM 02-02-2017
yeah, you'll love it.
once the weather breaks, it's even better. there are several times during perfect riding weather where I'll log 500-800 miles in a weekend, just riding somewhat local.

can't wait for the 'winter' to finally be over and temps consistently get above 45-50.
[Reply]
stanleychief 06:08 PM 02-04-2017
I bought the 'Duke'. Wow. This is one fun ride. I snagged a used 2015 with all the features I wanted at just the right time. A cool $10k less than a new one!

I took the BMW S1000XR for a spin last week, and while fun, the vibration problem they describe online is real. Once you hit 5000 rpm (which unfortunately is 70 or so in top gear), you can't see out of the mirrors and your hands start begging for mercy! The best part was that my test route on the BMW took me right down stadium drive. Good memories in there (ok, some bad ones too..!)

In the end, comfort won out, and the Ducati is no slouch. I had a hard time wiping the grin off my face after the test drive.
Attached: ducati-ms.jpg (142.4 KB) 
[Reply]
stanleychief 09:42 PM 02-04-2017
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
Here she is. I put over 350 miles on her this weekend. So much power.
Hey, congrats!
[Reply]
Camaro 10:14 PM 02-04-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yeah, you'll love it.
once the weather breaks, it's even better. there are several times during perfect riding weather where I'll log 500-800 miles in a weekend, just riding somewhat local.

can't wait for the 'winter' to finally be over and temps consistently get above 45-50.
Me too, I don't mind 50 degree riding but it kinda sucks for long rides.. I rode to Laughlin last year and it was 30's and 40's the whole way, not too fun sometimes.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:00 PM 02-07-2017
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I bought the 'Duke'. Wow. This is one fun ride. I snagged a used 2015 with all the features I wanted at just the right time. A cool $10k less than a new one!

I took the BMW S1000XR for a spin last week, and while fun, the vibration problem they describe online is real. Once you hit 5000 rpm (which unfortunately is 70 or so in top gear), you can't see out of the mirrors and your hands start begging for mercy! The best part was that my test route on the BMW took me right down stadium drive. Good memories in there (ok, some bad ones too..!)

In the end, comfort won out, and the Ducati is no slouch. I had a hard time wiping the grin off my face after the test drive.
Nice dood. you get it at Reno's?

I want to ride it. :-)
[Reply]
stanleychief 09:40 PM 02-07-2017
Nice dood. you get it at Reno's?

I want to ride it. :-)
Yep, that's the place. It's amazing how much they cram into that store when you compare it to places like Freedom Cycle out in Grandview. Pretty cool little shop, and I always get a kick out of seeing those Urals. The guy that traded in my bike bought one of those. I just don't get it, but hey, to each his own!

You seem like you've been around bikes a bit. I suppose I could let you try it out once the newness wears off a bit. :-) If you're looking for something to make your eyelids peel back, I also highly recommend taking out that S1000XR. Don't let the 'adventure' label fool you. It's an upright crotch rocket!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:52 PM 02-07-2017
Here is a rat shovelhead project I've been dicking around with for years. As it always seems to have something wrong, or falling off, or breaking... we call it The Leper.

[Reply]
Dayze 07:20 AM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
Yep, that's the place. It's amazing how much they cram into that store when you compare it to places like Freedom Cycle out in Grandview. Pretty cool little shop, and I always get a kick out of seeing those Urals. The guy that traded in my bike bought one of those. I just don't get it, but hey, to each his own!

You seem like you've been around bikes a bit. I suppose I could let you try it out once the newness wears off a bit. :-) If you're looking for something to make your eyelids peel back, I also highly recommend taking out that S1000XR. Don't let the 'adventure' label fool you. It's an upright crotch rocket!
I've always liked Renos. Never bought from them, but I rode up on my CBR and started shooting the breeze with a sales guy (which I later learned was the head honcho there), and he just tossed me the keys to an Aprilia Shiver 750, and when I returned, had his daughter bring around an Aprilia Tunono for me to ride as well....now THAT bike was fun. Torque monster, wheelie machine, but in a predictable way not a spooky wheelie way. Totally predictable power band. This was before Reno's started carrying Ducati's. But I've heard nothing but good stuff about Reno's. Didn't even have a pace rider or anything on those demo rides...just 'here's the keys' and the 'general' route they want you to go on.

does it have all the traction/ /abs / wheelie control goodies on the ECU? I can't remember which models have what. My buddie's wife has an Aprilia Tuono and it has all sorts of shit; abs, traction control, wheelie control (I think), and auto-blip up and down. technology out there these days is incredible.

If we're ever out on a CP ride together or otherwise, we can swap bikes for a few miles:-)...(no homo).
[Reply]
seaofred 08:08 AM 02-08-2017
I put some 10" ape hangers on my bike this weekend and I cannot believe how much better it makes a bike handle. I had always heard that going from stock bars to hangers was like going from manual steering to power, but didn't really believe it. Well, until now.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:02 AM 02-08-2017
my '13 SG had stock bars, and my '09 has 12" or 14" (I can't remember) apes. absolutely love them.
having the right size apes for your height/arm length is key. luckily, the guy I bought mine from was a riding bud of mine for years and he's basically the same height/weight so they were a perfect fit.
[Reply]
stanleychief 11:49 PM 02-08-2017
I've always liked Renos. Never bought from them, but I rode up on my CBR and started shooting the breeze with a sales guy (which I later learned was the head honcho there), and he just tossed me the keys to an Aprilia Shiver 750, and when I returned, had his daughter bring around an Aprilia Tunono for me to ride as well....now THAT bike was fun. Torque monster, wheelie machine, but in a predictable way not a spooky wheelie way. Totally predictable power band. This was before Reno's started carrying Ducati's. But I've heard nothing but good stuff about Reno's. Didn't even have a pace rider or anything on those demo rides...just 'here's the keys' and the 'general' route they want you to go on.

does it have all the traction/ /abs / wheelie control goodies on the ECU? I can't remember which models have what. My buddie's wife has an Aprilia Tuono and it has all sorts of shit; abs, traction control, wheelie control (I think), and auto-blip up and down. technology out there these days is incredible.

If we're ever out on a CP ride together or otherwise, we can swap bikes for a few miles:-)...(no homo).
Yep, it has all of the goodies on it. ABS, cornering ABS, wheelie control, power limiting, etc. The 'S' model adds in their Skyhook suspension which lets you adjust suspension travel, stiffness, ride height, etc. What I like most is that you can choose what level you want to set each of those features at individually, including OFF!

The BMW S1000XR I test drove had a quick shift package on it which I'm sure is awesome, but I know how to shift with a clutch.. and I was fighting the bike when I tried to shift it on my own. I'm sure it is faster than a human and all that jazz, but some of that technology detracts from the experience. I'm not sure if you can turn that feature off on the BMW.

The downside to all of this technology is of course the complexity it adds. My owner's manual is a cool 412 pages and looks like a paperback novel. :-) Luckily, most of it is pretty straightforward.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:21 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by seaofred:
I put some 10" ape hangers on my bike this weekend and I cannot believe how much better it makes a bike handle. I had always heard that going from stock bars to hangers was like going from manual steering to power, but didn't really believe it. Well, until now.
I think mine are 8" mini apes. To any event, I agree, stock felt unnatural. Like my hands were just a bit above my stomach.

But these mini apes sit parallel to my shoulders when I'm in a relaxed slouch and just below my shoulders when I sit up straight. They come to the top of the streetglide fairing but not inches over it.

I still use the mirrors in the fairing, though the reflection of my elbows almost hender my rear view. I've thought about after market mirrors but love the sleek look. I don't even like the back rest unless I know I'm going to have a rider.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:31 AM 02-09-2017
Like this
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:03 AM 02-09-2017
it's called a motor bike, sigh :-)

mic drop!
[Reply]
Page 146 of 173
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156 > Last »
Up