ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 414 of 469
« First < 314364404410411412413414 415416417418424464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
nychief 07:40 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
The Athletic has a Coaching carrousel article that posits the different "fits" for each team's potential manager opening. They only listed one possible candidate (besides Grifol, of course) for the Royals that checks some boxes - Matt Quatraro. He's the bench coach for Tampa and was formerly a batting coach with Cleveland. What little I know about Quatraro, I'd be good with this. I also wouldn't be against a re-tread...but it would have to be the right guy. And as has been mentioned here already, we really need a guy that's not only data-savvy, but understands the importance of emphasizing defense at the K. I'm not really clear on where Quatraro is on valuing defense. I assume a data-savvy person would also be compelled to be defensive focused, given the dimensions of the K and the upcoming abolishing of the shift.

I can't fucking wait till we don't have to constantly hear about, and be consumed with, the fucking defense at Royals Stadium. I have PTSD from Dayton droning on and on about some shitty hitting player who is just the right fit for Kauffman.... I'd like to be able to have an average defense and be able to hit the ball out of the infield.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:42 AM 09-30-2022
I can tell you more about who I don’t want than who I do.

Don’t want:
Pedro Grifol (he sucks despite what Royals media personalities have been pushing)
Joe Maddon (or any other old retread who is not data driven)

Pulling someone from a staff like Tampa or Cleveland works for me.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:56 AM 09-30-2022
8 years ago tonight, just before the clock struck midnight CDT:

12th inning:

Salvy rolled over on an outside pitch and slapped it just past the outstretched glove of Josh Donaldson for the biggest base hit in (at the time) 29 years, to score CC.

Defeated the A’s. Started the greatest run in franchise history.

Time flies lads
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:03 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

12th inning:

Salvy rolled over on an outside pitch and slapped it just past the outstretched glove of Josh Donaldson for the biggest base hit in (at the time) 29 years, to score CC.

Time flies lads
Gif it up or video drop it.

I would but can't right at the moment.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:10 AM 09-30-2022

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:04 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

12th inning:

Time flies lads
Greatest game ever. I was drenched in sweat from the stress in watching it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:05 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
I can't ****ing wait till we don't have to constantly hear about, and be consumed with, the ****ing defense at Royals Stadium. I have PTSD from Dayton droning on and on about some shitty hitting player who is just the right fit for Kauffman.... I'd like to be able to have an average defense and be able to hit the ball out of the infield.
Its going to happen until ShermanWorld downtown gets build. Just like Yankee Stadium short right field, the big outfield in KC is going to be talked about.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:12 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
So let’s start talking potential candidates…who does everyone think would be a good fit? Who’s a personal preference?
Someone who speaks Spanish and will so what the stat nerds tell him to
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:38 PM 09-30-2022
Singer’s last start of the year today. Hopefully he can finish with a sub 3 ERA.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:38 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Singer’s last start of the year today. Hopefully he can finish with a sub 3 ERA.
Sit him to ensure it
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:03 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Greatest game ever. I was drenched in sweat from the stress in watching it.
i was in a hotel room in Orlando, at a conference.

Watched the first 3-4 innings at a bar, and it wasnt looking good......paid tab, left, feeling very bummed.

Walked a few blocks towards my hotel, and I see the TVs at a bar playing the game and their showing the crowd at the K going nuts.......hurry to my hotel room and watch the last 3-4 innings in my room, jumping around like a 8 year old at what had to be around 1 or so in the morning east coast time.

never forget it.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:33 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Sit him to ensure it
No thanks, Singer is must see TV
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:11 PM 09-30-2022
On the last day of 1941 Ted Williams sat at .39955. His manager Joe Cronin said he could sit since it would be rounded up. Ted answered “I make it or I don’t”, and went 6-8 in the doubleheader to finish .406. Back in those days sac flies were counted as outs so he had that going against him.

The next year he did the army’s 6 month flight program to be a fighter pilot. 10 years later he flew 39 missions in the Korean War before returning to baseball. A true American legend
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:13 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
On the last day of 1941 Ted Williams sat at .39955. His manager Joe Cronin said he could sit since it would be rounded up. Ted answered “I make it or I don’t”, and went 6-8 in the doubleheader to finish .406. Back in those days sac flies were counted as outs so he had that going against him.

The next year he did the army’s 6 month flight program to be a fighter pilot. 10 years later he flew 39 missions in the Korean War before returning to baseball. A true American legend
Cool. Thanks for posting. Interesting stuff.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:17 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Cool. Thanks for posting. Interesting stuff.
Bob Feller also left to serve. In WW2 he was a petty officer in the Navy. Not only did he leave MLB but his dad’s funeral was shortly before he headed to combat. After he returned Cleveland hosted a rally to salute vets and introduced Feller as a hero. He said “The real heroes are the ones who didn’t make it back”

Many such stories. These guys were a different breed.
[Reply]
Page 414 of 469
« First < 314364404410411412413414 415416417418424464 > Last »
Up