ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 51
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:42 AM 04-27-2013
i got into it with a former chiefs player on twitter a while back. He said something about Lamar Hunt and the Chiefs legendary franchise lol, I said, Lamar Hunt isnt legendary, not for the Chiefs, the NFL maybe, but they havent sniffed a superbowl in 43 years, how does that make a franchise legendary? 1 super bowl win when like 70 percent of the fan base wasnt even alive. GTFO here with that shit.

Reply back? ooh yeah, true. lol
[Reply]
Rausch 01:43 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
i got into it with a former chiefs player on twitter a while back. He said something about Lamar Hunt and the Chiefs legendary franchise lol, I said, Lamar Hunt isnt legendary, not for the Chiefs, the NFL maybe, but they havent sniffed a superbowl in 43 years, how does that make a franchise legendary? 1 super bowl win when like 70 percent of the fan base wasnt even alive. GTFO here with that shit.

Reply back? ooh yeah, true. lol
Sit down...
[Reply]
the Talking Can 04:27 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by penbook:
Per Dave Skretta

Hunt: "We had a need at the quarterback position. When we were able to pull off a trade on Alex Smith, really for me, that issue went away."
decades of past and future failure summarized by Clark

Hunt = no QB....ever
[Reply]
PA Chiefs 04:43 AM 04-27-2013
That scares me a little I really don't believe A.Smith is going to suck like everyone on here, but I also didn't think Dorsey and Reid felt they where set at QB. I guess I was wrong I hope we can showcase Chase in the preseason and trade him next year and draft a QB then. I just don't think everything they did this offseason sucked the BA issue wasn't great but we can't give him away we will get a comp. pick or maybe he gets reasonable and we sign him. All the other signings B+. The draft not sure Kelce looks good and Davis might be a player but that's how the draft works we really don't know at this point if any of these picks will be good or not. They look like they have ability and high ceilings that's what you look for in the draft.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:45 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by PA Chiefs:
That scares me a little I really don't believe A.Smith is going to suck like everyone on here, but I also didn't think Dorsey and Reid felt they where set at QB. I guess I was wrong I hope we can showcase Chase in the preseason and trade him next year and draft a QB then. I just don't think everything they did this offseason sucked the BA issue wasn't great but we can't give him away we will get a comp. pick or maybe he gets reasonable and we sign him. All the other signings B+. The draft not sure Kelce looks good and Davis might be a player but that's how the draft works we really don't know at this point if any of these picks will be good or not. They look like they have ability and high ceilings that's what you look for in the draft.
Eh, fair enoough.

He's new...
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 05:01 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by beer bacon:
Argh why is everyone so mean to this team just because they haven't won a playoff game in 20 years??!?!?
we're assholes
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:09 AM 04-27-2013
JFC Hunt better not be handcuffing them against drafting a QB
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:18 AM 04-27-2013
3-13
[Reply]
spanky 52 05:20 AM 04-27-2013
Kelce is a good pick. Say goodbye to Moeaki who can't stay healthy.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:20 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
3-13
9-7 and a huge playoff face plant...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:30 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Andy Reid has had a 600+ yard receiving tight end almost every year he's coached. Between Chad Lewis, LJ Smith, and Brent Celek, he's had a remarkable history with tight ends who play a far more important role than in most offenses.

If he catches or over 600+ years and can block, then that's a good 3.1
Chiefs drafted an immortal?
[Reply]
Rausch 05:32 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Chiefs drafted an immortal?
I hope to fuck's sake he's not a QB...
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:33 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Rausch:
9-7 and a huge playoff face plant...
It's a bet. What does the winner get? Whatever JWhit leaves behind at Gates?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:35 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I don't think it's been as bad as people think, Let's give it a chance.
Looks to be a running folks over MFer.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 05:35 AM 04-27-2013
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
JFC Hunt better not be handcuffing them against drafting a QB
do you find it interesting that only 2 QB's have been picked and both were in round 3? Evidently none are worth a crap and according to the majority here, the Chiefs already have QB's not worth a crap
[Reply]
Page 19 of 51
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up