ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Here comes the winds of change Bengals
RunKC 09:35 AM 01-30-2023
The price of being a good team. We saw how Allen regressed after Dabboll left. Losing either of these 2 would be a huge blow to that team.

This just in....

The Cardinals have requested to interview Bengals DC Lou Anarumo for their vacant HC job, per league source.@gmfb @nflnetwork

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) January 30, 2023

The #Cardinals also requested an interview with #Bengals OC Brian Callahan for their head coaching job, per source. Callahan also is a candidate for the #Colts job.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
DRM08 03:17 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Sorry for your luck.

Lou told me to tell you all "hi".
Lou is the best DC in the league IMHO. Not sure Arizona fans are too happy with this Philly guy after watching the Eagles supposedly “great” defense get absolutely torched on Sunday night.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:20 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's my #1 criticism of Taylor.

Just a LITTLE bit of Andy Reid-type creativity and the Bengals offense could be waaaaay better than it is.

Why doesn't he like pre-snap motion? Does he not understand it very well or something? Sheesh, can you imagine Chase and Higgins if they got mismatches even 20-30% more of the time?
It's not just pre-snap motion. Taylor doesn't use PA nearly as much as he could either, especially with the balance they try to have on offense.

He got better later this year but he's really done Burrow and his o-line no favors playing offense they way they play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 02-14-2023
I think that's a Burrow thing and i believe there's some hubris involved. Burrow likes to have everything in front of him, set, so he can read the defensive alignment. It's part of the reason he was so slow to want to use play action from under center..
Interesting. I've always just blamed Taylor, after all it's his offense.

If what you're saying is true, then they're purposefully simplifying the offense for Burrow. :-)
[Reply]
rfaulk34 03:36 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Lou is the best DC in the league IMHO. Not sure Arizona fans are too happy with this Philly guy after watching the Eagles supposedly “great” defense get absolutely torched on Sunday night.
I read (from a Bengals fan) that part of the reason was that Gannon could get EB to leave KC. Any percentage of truth to that, to anyone's knowledge?
[Reply]
rfaulk34 03:44 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Interesting. I've always just blamed Taylor, after all it's his offense.

If what you're saying is true, then they're purposefully simplifying the offense for Burrow. :-)
I think a lot of people think the same way. It's not about simplifying the offense as much as it's Zac bowing to what Burrow prefers. My understanding is the coaching staff has been working him towards more of it. Like i said...i see it more as Burrow hubris just believing he only needs to see how the defense reacts at the snap, in order to create a successful play.

Part of what the Bengals did was, when Burrow was drafted, they sat down and asked him what his favorite plays were from the LSU offense and they integrated that into their scheme. Burrow was comfortable with that and slow to want to change much from it. I think as he gets older and more settled as an NFL QB, he's more willing to change as long as they can see what is being done is best for the offense. The various forms of cover 2 this year forced him to change in the same way Mahomes changed last year.

I've seen several times where former, established QBs talk about how amazed they are at where he is mentally, at such a young age. That's basically his game; pre-snap diagnosis and adjust at the snap when the defense declares. His ability to quickly process and choose the right read is elite.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:46 PM 02-14-2023
He is.

When we lost to the Bengals AFC Championship Lou just dialed up a perfect 2nd half.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:48 PM 02-14-2023
I read (from a Bengals fan) that part of the reason was that Gannon could get EB to leave KC. Any percentage of truth to that, to anyone's knowledge?
Who knows. EB has gotten into a shoving match with Kelce on TV and multiple shouting matches with Mahomes on TV. I get the feeling they would prefer to see EB go somewhere else and slide Matt Nagy into the OC spot.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 03:53 PM 02-14-2023
Who knows. EB has gotten into a shoving match with Kelce on TV and multiple shouting matches with Mahomes on TV. I get the feeling they would prefer to see EB go somewhere else and slide Matt Nagy into the OC spot.
Wow. He will get along GREAT with Murray. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 04:07 PM 02-14-2023
The Bengals were a flash in the pan anyway.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:08 PM 02-14-2023
Wow. He will get along GREAT with Murray. :-)
Yep, exactly my thought. If you can’t get along with Mahomes, imagine trying to deal with that entitled dipshit Kyler Murray! Now I think Kyler absolutely needs someone to coach him much harder than Kingsbury did. But EB with Murray has potential for some very ugly stuff. Lol
[Reply]
rfaulk34 04:12 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Bengals were a flash in the pan anyway.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:13 PM 02-14-2023
Sounds like a giant crock of shit
[Reply]
O.city 04:14 PM 02-14-2023
Cobbled together a bunch of castoffs and bargain bin defensive guys and caught lighting in a bottle. That's over now.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 04:20 PM 02-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Cobbled together a bunch of castoffs and bargain bin defensive guys and caught lighting in a bottle. That's over now.
I'm sure your enlightened view is correct.

[Reply]
staylor26 07:09 PM 05-07-2023

[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up