ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 120
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:49 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
3/24 with a club option for 2026.
Of course they did...

The guy is essentially Alex Bregman without the name cache and the Rays got him for middle reliever money through the rest of his useful years.

They're just better at this than everyone else. And its just completely wasted on a shit fanbase.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:19 PM 06-13-2023
I don’t think Goldy and Arenado waive their Mo trade clauses unless they go to a perrinisl winner.

We got $50 million from Colorado. Give that money to help move them for young talent.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:48 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don’t think Goldy and Arenado waive their Mo trade clauses unless they go to a perrinisl winner.

We got $50 million from Colorado. Give that money to help move them for young talent.
Why wouldn't they? What's appealing about staying in this organization?

If they leverage the NTC it's just an attempt to extract more money out of the deal. They have no vested interest in staying here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 PM 06-13-2023
{snicker}

25 baserunners tonight.

Just a damn fine ballclub, Mo. And great work, JLM - way to bring it from the first inning buddy.

Why would Paul Goldschmidt ever want to walk away from this...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:39 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{snicker}

25 baserunners tonight.

Just a damn fine ballclub, Mo. And great work, JLM - way to bring it from the first inning buddy.

Why would Paul Goldschmidt ever want to walk away from this...
The comments from Mo and Ollie piss me off so so much. The arrogance. Platitudes. We are doing everything we can, it’s just not working.

Any business in America that’s failing or your responsibility in that business is failing and you tell your boss the BS they are telling us, you’d be fired. No if’s, and’s or but’s.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:54 AM 06-14-2023
This is 2012 KC Chiefs level disfunction, burn it to the ground.

Derick Goold tweeted out that conversations he could hear from the press box were like nothing he has ever heard at Busch stadium in his career.

Problem is idiots are still showing up to the games.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The comments from Mo and Ollie piss me off so so much. The arrogance. Platitudes. We are doing everything we can, it’s just not working.

Any business in America that’s failing or your responsibility in that business is failing and you tell your boss the BS they are telling us, you’d be fired. No if’s, and’s or but’s.
It took a few years for the rest of the BFIB to catch up, but 'arrogant complacence' was my chief complaint about Mozeliak going back to about 2017. He's just so fucking smug and so positive that he's got all the answers and is doing everything right.

The way those two obvious character flaws dovetail into one another isn't hard to see at all.

A ton of humility might fix some of his failings but the bottom line is I don't think he was EVER very good at this. He was a product of HoFers that Jocketty brought in and very good complementary talent that Luhnow found after that. Now that the pipeline has fully dried up and he has to stand on his own, he's failing. Every decision tied directly to him is a poor one.

He's just never been good at this. The emperor has no clothes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This is 2012 KC Chiefs level disfunction, burn it to the ground.

Derick Goold tweeted out that conversations he could hear from the press box were like nothing he has ever heard at Busch stadium in his career.

Problem is idiots are still showing up to the games.
They're kinda not, though.

I mean, it's not Royals bad out there, but the tickets sold aren't close to the fans in attendance. And I can get free tickets to pretty much any game I want to go to from a handful of guys I know or have worked with in STL.

The natives aren't restless - they're finally getting genuinely pissed.

What annoys me to no end us how long it took them and the gaslighting they're doing now. All these !@#$ing guys acting like they weren't lambasting anyone that hasn't been happy with the direction of the team for nearly a decade.

YOU fellas made this possible. Take a bow.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:39 AM 06-14-2023
I've been wrong on profiles like his before - I'm always down on guys like that. Elly De La Cruz is making me look like an absolute reerun at the moment, for instance (though his approach figures were better). But far more often than not, guys like that don't translate against big league pitching.
Elly De La Cruz is an outlier prospect because he's the most elite athlete in pro baseball. Ridiculous quick twitch movements. He basically hits the ball harder and runs faster than anybody in the majors.

His strikeout rate is still worrisome and he might not match the hype, but he's the one guy you'd take a chance on with his swing-and-miss red flag. Part of it too is he's a tall guy with a large strike zone like O'Neil Cruz.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:31 AM 06-14-2023
There's gotta be no way Oli survives this weekend, right?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 AM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
There's gotta be no way Oli survives this weekend, right?
The bar is just so damn low right now.

If the Cardinals manage to win 2 of their next 4 they'll be 'heating up' and he'll get through the ASB.

It's impossible to overstate how staid this organization has become. They're just completely unwilling to make any necessary changes.

It took 3 years of Matheny pissing on the rugs at Busch for them to finally can him. It was just so obvious to anyone that wasn't a drooling idiot (y'know, Matheny) that he couldn't do the job. Yet...no changes. Because they'd just keep moving the goalposts as needed to ensure he made the grade.

They'll keep doing it with Marmol as well.

The only snap decision this franchise has ever made was with the genuinely good manager they fired for stepping out of line after 20 years in the organization.

But if you suck the right dick and put the right amount of sugar in the coffee, you're fucking bulletproof.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:34 PM 06-14-2023
The bar is just so damn low right now.

If the Cardinals manage to win 2 of their next 4 they'll be 'heating up' and he'll get through the ASB.

It's impossible to overstate how staid this organization has become. They're just completely unwilling to make any necessary changes.

It took 3 years of Matheny pissing on the rugs at Busch for them to finally can him. It was just so obvious to anyone that wasn't a drooling idiot (y'know, Matheny) that he couldn't do the job. Yet...no changes. Because they'd just keep moving the goalposts as needed to ensure he made the grade.

They'll keep doing it with Marmol as well.

The only snap decision this franchise has ever made was with the genuinely good manager they fired for stepping out of line after 20 years in the organization.

But if you suck the right dick and put the right amount of sugar in the coffee, you're ****ing bulletproof.
I don't think Shildt should've been fired, but he was wrong about Jeff Albert.

And I think Matheny being fired was rasher than Shildt's firing. He should've been fired before 2018, but when he was fired was more over-reactionary.

My issue with Marmol, similar to Matheny, is I don't think he's a good leader/communicator (we could bitch about his in-game decision making but the hand he's been dealt pitching wise is a bunch of chicken shit). The complete alienation of Contreras(some of that's also on the FO) and O'Neil is so stupid.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:39 PM 06-14-2023
Just blew another one in the bottom of the ninth, with 2 outs and 2 strikes.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:47 PM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I don't think Shildt should've been fired, but he was wrong about Jeff Albert.

And I think Matheny being fired was rasher than Shildt's firing. He should've been fired before 2018, but when he was fired was more over-reactionary.

My issue with Marmol, similar to Matheny, is I don't think he's a good leader/communicator (we could bitch about his in-game decision making but the hand he's been dealt pitching wise is a bunch of chicken shit). The complete alienation of Contreras(some of that's also on the FO) and O'Neil is so stupid.
I'm not following your logic. Matheny should have been fired sooner, but after continuing to under perform for 93 more games they over reacted?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:51 PM 06-14-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'm not following your logic. Matheny should have been fired sooner, but after continuing to under perform for 93 more games they over reacted?
In 2018, they called up a shit ton of rookie/young SP- if you recall, Ponce De Leon and Hudson had consecutive starts of 7+ innings where they held the opposition to no hits in June/July as a last-ditch effort and Matheny fell on the sword for rotation/BP shortcomings regarding performance.

100% should have been fired, but the justification for why he was fired wasn't the right one.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 120
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Up