ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 120
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Is Walker dropping his back half during the swing to change his launch angle?

Maybe a little, but it's probably just designed to help him get his hips open easier. That ball went real far because he caught it out in front and he caught it out in front because he got his hips opened and ripped it.

Remember how Heyward would tie himself up for about 20 ABs in a row and then every now and then get everything synched up, open his front half and hit the ball to the moon? It's kinda like that.

But he did drop his hands a little earlier and that probably helped more than dipping the back leg did. Hands came down then knob got out there first before his hands/wrists brought everything back around. Swing was still a little bit loopy but he's a big man so that may just be something you live with.

That's just a little better swing in a few areas. But that's the thing about 'launch angle' stuff - BIG changes aren't usually ideal. Just a handful of small ones is the kind of thing you want to see. That's a good sign, but repetition is still gonna be critical.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:16 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Helsley just hit the IL with a forearm strain, so I guess we'll see him again in 2025.
Said it a month ago - Ollie was bound and determined to break Helsley. The multi-inning reliever and then NOT a multi-inning reliever and then into the 9th then into the 7th and then jam reliever and on and on and one stuff is just not something you can do with a thoroughbred.

Guys that throw as hard as he does are essentially Ferraris and if you drive 'em like you stole 'em, you'll break 'em.

You can thrash someone like Gallegos a little bit. But Helsley simply wasn't going to hold up to these usage patterns.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:06 PM 06-12-2023
Okay, I wanna start this by saying that I think Kevin Slaten is a chode.

But fuck me - this is AMAZING.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/113744..._source=widget

An interview with BDWIII; starts about 8 minutes in. He is absolutely savage. He sounds like Hamas or I would if you got some drinks in us and stuck us in a room with the owner.

I mean he's flat out asking what Girsch does around here, why Mozeliak hasn't been fired, why does the team refuse to hire managers it can't control, why is a team crying poor that gave Wainwright $17 million.

I mean this is brutal. He's coming right at DeWitt. And in 3-4 separate instances they're flat trading body blows with each other. "If you'd listen, Bill..." with a level of disdain that I struggle to get into my voice when the dog shits on the rug.

Just...wow.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:15 PM 06-12-2023
Oh shit - DeWitt's response to the "Why doesn't Shannon get a patch" question we all asked wasn't even "the timing hasn't been right" - it was "We decided only Cooperstown HoFers get one..."

They're not gonna do one. They're standing firm on it.

Holy shit. What an absolute dickhead.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:26 PM 06-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

But **** me - this is AMAZING.

An interview with BDWIII; starts about 8 minutes in. He is absolutely savage. He sounds like Hamas or I would if you got some drinks in us and stuck us in a room with the owner.

I mean he's flat out asking what Girsch does around here, why Mozeliak hasn't been fired, why does the team refuse to hire managers it can't control, why is a team crying poor that gave Wainwright $17 million.

I mean this is brutal. He's coming right at DeWitt. And in 3-4 separate instances they're flat trading body blows with each other. "If you'd listen, Bill..." with a level of disdain that I struggle to get into my voice when the dog shits on the rug.

Just...wow.
That is classic Slaten. He is a dick but he can turn out some content.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:03 PM 06-12-2023

But **** me - this is AMAZING.

Just...wow.
I've lol'd several times and I'm only 15 minutes in
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:21 AM 06-13-2023

But fuck me - this is AMAZING.

Just...wow.
If you got a few drinks in me and put me in a room with DeWitt, I might well shit on his rug out of principle.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:04 AM 06-13-2023

#STLCards catcher Willson Contreras on his struggles: “This is my first time since I’ve been in the big leagues that I have struggled this bad. I've lost my confidence & I lost my trust & lost the trust I came into the season with. It just went away.”https://t.co/bs8Twj5iIW

— John Denton (@JohnDenton555) June 13, 2023

Y'all did my boy dirty. Took all of a month for the Cardinals to break that man.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:

Y'all did my boy dirty. Took all of a month for the Cardinals to break that man.
And Tyler O'Neill is going to have 'back issues' for the rest of the season.

Strange - players don't like it when you shit on them publicly. Who knew?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:16 AM 06-13-2023
And Tyler O'Neill is going to have 'back issues' for the rest of the season.

Strange - players don't like it when you shit on them publicly. Who knew?
Marmol thinks he's Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, but really he's David Schwimmer in Band of Brothers.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:20 AM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Marmol thinks he's Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, but really he's David Schwimmer in Band of Brothers.

Great scene.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:23 AM 06-13-2023
To this day I'll say "we salute the rank, not the man..."

There are any number of judges I've dealt with to whom this axiom applies...
[Reply]
Miles 11:24 AM 06-13-2023
Publicly throwing someone under the bus as a scapegoat hurt their confidence? Who could have known…
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:15 PM 06-13-2023
I'm onboard for a full clown show of a season.

Fuck it, lose 100 games. Let's break records.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:32 PM 06-13-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I'm onboard for a full clown show of a season.

Fuck it, lose 100 games. Let's break records.
100 losses is still extremely unlikely. As as bad as they've been, they're still only on pace to lose 97.

But 90 isn't. I'd say it's more likely they lose 90 games than win 82.

Which makes the fact that the Royals managed to lose 100 games like 4 seasons out of 5 all the more amazing. I don't know how you could manage that on PURPOSE, let alone if you were making any sort of effort at all to win ballgames.

100 losses is just unbelievably bad.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 120
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up