ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 120
« First < 354142434445 464748495595 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jd1020 12:57 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If Walker isn’t going to at least try to change his swing to get more loft on his 110mph off the bat, we should trade him while his value is at its highest.
Has he even hit a ball into the outfield since he was recalled? I looked at all of his balls in play up until today and they were all ground balls.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:05 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Both have no trade clauses.
WTF would they want to stay in STL?

Which its rather ironic the only 2 trades Moe didn't totally fuck up in his tenure he didn't do jack nor shit to take advantage of since they have been on the team.

Got them for cheap and continued being cheap and is fielding a AAA team with 2 AS and another AS caliber player. The rest is just total shit.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:47 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Has he even hit a ball into the outfield since he was recalled? I looked at all of his balls in play up until today and they were all ground balls.
Walker's last two ABs today were line outs in the OF.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:53 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
WTF would they want to stay in STL?

Which its rather ironic the only 2 trades Moe didn't totally **** up in his tenure he didn't do jack nor shit to take advantage of since they have been on the team.

Got them for cheap and continued being cheap and is fielding a AAA team with 2 AS and another AS caliber player. The rest is Mo’s Faberge eggs
Fixed your post
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:58 PM 06-04-2023
Don't worry, when O'Neill and Carlson come back it will be like trading for two OFers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 AM 06-05-2023

I am choosing to believe that Albert Pujols is the new Commissioner of baseball https://t.co/wkYBICp25p

— Rachael Boyd☀️👀 (@rachxboyd) June 5, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:42 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Whaaaaaaat?

After hitting a bunch of grounders against big league pitching and refusing to do anything about it, you mean facing big league pitching against is yielding grounders?

Unpossible!

He shouldn't have been recalled. All they've done is reward him for refusing to listen to coaching. And the reason they did it was strictly PR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:43 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Don't worry, when O'Neill and Carlson come back it will be like trading for two OFers.
But they'll just contribute to the logjam.

How can we possibly find ABs for those two when we have too much OF talent as it stands?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:57 AM 06-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Whaaaaaaat?

After hitting a bunch of grounders against big league pitching and refusing to do anything about it, you mean facing big league pitching against is yielding grounders?

Unpossible!

He shouldn't have been recalled. All they've done is reward him for refusing to listen to coaching. And the reason they did it was strictly PR.
He has the talent. He has to know he needs to elevate the ball. Sure it’s tough to change your swing. But, refusing to even try for more than a week or two is a reflection on him and his future.

117 MPH one hopper to the SS ain’t cutting it. Leaving too much potential on the table. That should have landed in Big Mac land.

You can’t be coached….. on something that everyone says needs to happen, that’s a red flag.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:54 PM 06-06-2023
I may be overreacting to the highlights on ESPN, but it seems likely that my Cards suck at defense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:30 PM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I may be overreacting to the highlights on ESPN, but it seems likely that my Cards suck at defense.
Maybe putting IFers in the OF and Designated Hitters on the MI is a bad decision.

Or stockpiling faberge eggs with no defensive position like Walker, Yepez and Burleson then simultaneously holding DH open for 'days off'.

This should be the absolute easiest thing in the world even with the PRESENT lineup that is missing O'Neill, Carlson and Noot.

IF (L to R):

Arenado - Edman - Donovan - Goldschmidt

OF (L to R):

Burleson/Yepez - Mercado - Walker

DH and C: Gorman and Contreras

Just how goddamn hard can that be? Why do you need to shoehorn DeJong into the lineup? Why do you need to play Edman in CF with Mercado, a natural CFer, in LF? Why do you feel the need to rotate guys around at DH and when you feel like giving Goldschmidt or Arenado a day off, you give BOTH of them one?

Marmol is just so fucking lousy at this job. And frankly, it's not even him - he's not setting that lineup card. He's just doing what he's told.

The team has good defensive players on the IF if we'd just PLAY them there. And yeah, the OF is hurt but who really cares anyway? The guys you had out there weren't playing worth a damn - Noot was the only one to be giving you any consistency offensively or defensively.

And that's to say NOTHING of completely inexplicable bullpen usage. We lose last night because Helsley got burned in the 8th (where he looked great in a 1-inning stint...because he usually does. Then Marmol uses him for multiple innings because he saw it on TV once) so that left us with Gallegos or Cabrera. But Gallegos is in the doghouse because he blew a game a few days ago when he got called into the 7th after seemingly establishing himself at the back of the 'pen. Hicks is only used when he's bad. Now that he seems to have recaptured some form, we don't use him in high leverage. Stratton is just your standard forgettable swing man but that's a valuable asset if you use him as such instead of pretending like he's a jam reliever.

The team talent is mediocre but its management is even worse. Everything this team does poorly is exacerbated by how they're being asked to do it.

Just fucking fire everyone already. Nobody in this entire organization deserves to be retained.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:20 PM 06-06-2023
So of COURSE Brendan Donovan is in LF tonight and Tommy Edman in center.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:43 PM 06-06-2023
So of COURSE Brendan Donovan is in LF tonight and Tommy Edman in center.
We are finally seeing the on field product of years of poor decisions and bad moves. It was inevitable unless we got rid of Mo that we would fail. unfortunately a lot of great baseball people lost their jobs because of those poor decisions. I firmly believe we would be in a much better spot if we still had Schildt and/or Maddux
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:10 PM 06-06-2023
Maybe putting IFers in the OF and Designated Hitters on the MI is a bad decision.

Or stockpiling faberge eggs with no defensive position like Walker, Yepez and Burleson then simultaneously holding DH open for 'days off'.

This should be the absolute easiest thing in the world even with the PRESENT lineup that is missing O'Neill, Carlson and Noot.

IF (L to R):

Arenado - Edman - Donovan - Goldschmidt

OF (L to R):

Burleson/Yepez - Mercado - Walker

DH and C: Gorman and Contreras

Just how goddamn hard can that be? Why do you need to shoehorn DeJong into the lineup? Why do you need to play Edman in CF with Mercado, a natural CFer, in LF? Why do you feel the need to rotate guys around at DH and when you feel like giving Goldschmidt or Arenado a day off, you give BOTH of them one?

Marmol is just so fucking lousy at this job. And frankly, it's not even him - he's not setting that lineup card. He's just doing what he's told.

The team has good defensive players on the IF if we'd just PLAY them there. And yeah, the OF is hurt but who really cares anyway? The guys you had out there weren't playing worth a damn - Noot was the only one to be giving you any consistency offensively or defensively.

And that's to say NOTHING of completely inexplicable bullpen usage. We lose last night because Helsley got burned in the 8th (where he looked great in a 1-inning stint...because he usually does. Then Marmol uses him for multiple innings because he saw it on TV once) so that left us with Gallegos or Cabrera. But Gallegos is in the doghouse because he blew a game a few days ago when he got called into the 7th after seemingly establishing himself at the back of the 'pen. Hicks is only used when he's bad. Now that he seems to have recaptured some form, we don't use him in high leverage. Stratton is just your standard forgettable swing man but that's a valuable asset if you use him as such instead of pretending like he's a jam reliever.

The team talent is mediocre but its management is even worse. Everything this team does poorly is exacerbated by how they're being asked to do it.

Just fucking fire everyone already. Nobody in this entire organization deserves to be retained.

Thanks for the explanation. I haven't spent any time yet this season actually paying attention to baseball, just occasionally watching some highlights or part of a game here or there. But the Cards have looked pretty awful in the field in pretty much every instance that I've seen.

Lot of season left, so maybe they figure it out. But your analysis doesn't give me a lot of hope.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:18 PM 06-06-2023
Someone let me know when they start firing people.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 120
« First < 354142434445 464748495595 > Last »
Up