ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 120
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jd1020 07:34 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's Juan Yepez. It's as fast as he goes. He's yet another DH only player we have to put in the field because we signed a catcher who can't catch.

Somehow it's Tyler O'Neill's fault.
That's as fast as he goes? That's probably the most unathletic athlete I've ever seen. Made Kyle Schwarber look like a GG defender with that play.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:35 PM 05-10-2023
Oh no! We suck again!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:26 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Flaherty is a kuck

Also, sweeping the Cubs is probably going to cool the talk of firing anyone, isnt it?
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Oh no! We suck again!
:-) I found this tragic and funny. On point to our situation. :-)
[Reply]
bdj23 08:29 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) I found this tragic and funny. On point to our situation. :-)
Eh, the second post was just joking. I know they still suck... although I wouldn't mind an ok stretch of baseball leading up to my trip.

I know no real changes are coming with another WC birth
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:45 PM 05-12-2023
Came here trying to find a new post from PGM saying how Nootbar sucks.

Where is it?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:47 PM 05-12-2023
Nolan Gorman is a national treasure that must be protected at all costs.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:11 PM 05-12-2023
That was a really good win tonight
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:56 PM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Nolan Gorman is a national treasure that must be protected at all costs.
he still sits on the bench because there is no room in the lineup for him. That’s not a joke, that’s what the brain trust of the Cardinals have told the media why he wasn’t in the lineup.

He’s doing a lot better laying off that high fastball which doomed his AB’s all last year. He layed off that exact pitch in that AB and got another swing and it was a game winner.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:45 PM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In his last start he yelled at Nootbaar for not catching a ball that statcast said had an 87% hit probability.

You could hear him on the broadcast. "God Dammit, Noot - catch the damn ball!"

Flaherty's such a fuckstick. If I'm Contreras and that asshole shows up trying to tell me anything, I'm shutting down. And yeah, that's petty, but Jack Flaherty hasn't earned the right to question anyone's work ethic or value as a teammate.

#STLCards will return Willson Contreras to catcher on Monday night at Busch Stadium vs. the #Brewers. He will catch RHP Jack Flaherty.

— John Denton (@JohnDenton555) May 13, 2023

Time for Contreras to shut it down.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 12:57 PM 05-13-2023
I think he needs to catch every game but what an odd first start back...will he be blamed again when Flaherty gets rocked? His ERA will be in double digits here in a few more starts.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:02 PM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I think he needs to catch every game but what an odd first start back...will he be blamed again when Flaherty gets rocked? His ERA will be in double digits here in a few more starts.
Don't worry about that. He'll be injured before he gets to double digit era territory
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:40 PM 05-13-2023
Rosenthal article on the Athletic

For Murphy, the A’s asked the Cardinals for outfielder Lars Nootbaar, Gold Glove-winner Brendan Donovan and a power young pitcher like Gordon Graceffo, according to the St. Louis Post-DispatchFor Murphy, the A’s asked the Cardinals for outfielder Lars Nootbaar, Gold Glove-winner Brendan Donovan and a power young pitcher like Gordon Graceffo, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

I later reported the A’s wanted Nootbaar or Donovan, plus Graceffo. The Cardinals were unwilling to trade any of those players, and instead wanted the A’s to choose two from a group of four consisting of outfielder Dylan Carlson, second baseman Nolan Gorman, outfielder Alec Burleson and first baseman/outfielder Juan Yepez.The Cardinals were unwilling to trade any of those players, and instead wanted the A’s to choose two from a group of four consisting of outfielder Dylan Carlson, second baseman Nolan Gorman, outfielder Alec Burleson and first baseman/outfielder Juan Yepez.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:45 PM 05-13-2023
I didn’t know you lost draft picks and international money signing him. From rosenthal article.

Oh, and lest anyone forget, the price for Contreras was not simply $87.5 million. As a free agent who rejected a qualifying offer, he also cost the Cardinals talent, their second-highest selection in the 2023 draft, plus $500,000 in international bonus pool space.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:53 PM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I later reported the A’s wanted Nootbaar or Donovan, plus Graceffo. The Cardinals were unwilling to trade any of those players, and instead wanted the A’s to choose two from a group of four consisting of outfielder Dylan Carlson, second baseman Nolan Gorman, outfielder Alec Burleson and first baseman/outfielder Juan Yepez.
The classic our trash could be your treasure switcheroo.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:41 PM 05-13-2023
Jansen is having a bad weekend.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 120
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up