ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 219 of 319
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
In58men 11:04 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
We’re pretty much ****ed now. Niang and Rankins are the only signed OT’s on the team currently. Villanueva’s play has gone down and Reiff and Okung are above average tackles. Veach is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat.
MOAR PANIC!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Bowser 11:04 AM 03-17-2021
The Texans are a bigger dumpster fire than the Raiders at this point, so maybe Veach can work over their new GM in a deal for Tunsil. I'd be perfectly fine moving a couple of firsts for him.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:09 AM 03-17-2021
We’re pretty much fucked now. Niang and Rankins are the only signed OT’s on the team currently. Villanueva’s play has gone down and Reiff and Okung are above average tackles. Veach is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat.
:-)
[Reply]
mkp785 11:11 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The Texans are a bigger dumpster fire than the Raiders at this point, so maybe Veach can work over their new GM in a deal for Tunsil. I'd be perfectly fine moving a couple of firsts for him.
If we're gonna move multiple firsts for a left tackle then send that to someone (Atlanta) for Sewell. He's on a rookie deal and is 1 of the highest regarded LTs to come out in over a decade. Neither is likely happening though.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:15 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
If we're gonna move multiple firsts for a left tackle then send that to someone (Atlanta) for Sewell. He's on a rookie deal and is 1 of the highest regarded LTs to come out in over a decade. Neither is likely happening though.
You arent jumping from 31 to top 5. Kiss your first round picks for the next several years goodbye.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:15 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Probably. Good-great LT's are damned near sacred in the league, but Easterby might get a case of the rookie GM yips and take it, especially considering how little draft capital the Texans have this year.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 11:16 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We are not ****ed at all.

Good grief.
Admittedly, I’m a little pissed off about Williams signing with the 9ers. I was in boom or bust mode for Williams.

What I’m getting at, is we will basically be making a lateral move at LT, instead of improving the position. It’s concerning, knowing we will most likely have to give up the farm in a trade or pay through the nose on a lateral move. I just want to see Mahomes protected and not have a turnstile at the position going forward.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:17 AM 03-17-2021
We’re pretty much ****ed now. Niang and Rankins are the only signed OT’s on the team currently. Villanueva’s play has gone down and Reiff and Okung are above average tackles. Veach is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat.
Not even close.

If you think the Chiefs are screwed, you are thinking that Brett Veach put all his eggs into the Trent Williams basket and has no backup plan.

I have a hard time believing that. They'll pivot, whether that's signing a Reiff or Villanueva (who really are not much different than Fisher), trading for a starting T, or getting their guy in the draft and insuring that pick with a lower-priced FA.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 AM 03-17-2021
Admittedly, I’m a little pissed off about Williams signing with the 9ers. I was in boom or bust mode for Williams.

What I’m getting at, is we will basically be making a lateral move at LT, instead of improving the position. It’s concerning, knowing we will most likely have to give up the farm in a trade or pay through the nose on a lateral move. I just want to see Mahomes protected and not have a turnstile at the position going forward.
Fisher wasn't a turnstile. He was a good player. A lateral move would still be a good player and now they'll be playing next to Joe Thuney instead of a turnstile like Wylie.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:18 AM 03-17-2021
Fisher wasn't a turnstile. He was a good player. A lateral move would still be a good player and now they'll be playing next to Joe Thuney instead of a turnstile like Wylie.
Fucking this. God damn.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Not even close.

If you think the Chiefs are screwed, you are thinking that Brett Veach put all his eggs into the Trent Williams basket and has no backup plan.

I have a hard time believing that. They'll pivot, whether that's signing a Reiff or Villanueva (who really are not much different than Fisher), trading for a starting T, or getting their guy in the draft and insuring that pick with a lower-priced FA.
I'd rather have Reiff. Villanueva is not a great pass blocker.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:19 AM 03-17-2021

well, a lateral move is still an improvement, because the chances Fisher is 100% for game one is pretty low. And a healthy Fisher is a pretty good player, certainly not the source of our problems.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:21 AM 03-17-2021
I'd rather have Reiff. Villanueva is not a great pass blocker.
Reiff is a solid plan B. No way Veach never thought to consider Reiff if Williams fell through.

Now, Reiff, Thuney, Hudson, if I can be greedy.......
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 11:25 AM 03-17-2021
I know Fisher wasn’t a turnstile, but signing a lateral move LT at the end of their career will be. I was hopeful we would cement the position for at least the next 3-4 years and move on down the road. I know we’ll make due, but this is definitely plan B.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:25 AM 03-17-2021
I know Fisher wasn’t a turnstile, but signing a lateral move LT at the end of their career will be. I was hopeful we would cement the position for at least the next 3-4 years and move on down the road. I know we’ll make due, but this is definitely plan B.
Just imagine if Thuney was playing next to Fisher last year what the overall consensus of Fisher would be today.
[Reply]
Page 219 of 319
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269 > Last »
Up