ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 36
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs potentially building new stadium in Kansas
Sassy Squatch 09:45 AM 03-29-2022

Chiefs prez Mark Donovan, when asked this AM about potential new stadium options, said the team has considered options in state of Kansas. They like Arrowhead and legacy of Lamar Hunt’s stadium, but have been pitched by Kansas developers on a bunch of options. Something to watch.

— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:49 PM 03-30-2022
Jefferson City will probably fuck-up this whole deal because we're not St. Louis.

Either way, move the Royals downtown and make a new Arrowhead.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:59 PM 03-30-2022
I was sure the "Well, Bye" gif would have been posted by now.

As a JOCOMO resident, let it go to Kansas. Most of the license plates from the games I used to go to were from Kansas anyways. Why do the taxpayers 'get' to provide the funds to a stadium when the owners and the league make billions? That's billions with a B!

Like the airport, it will be full of cost overruns and screwups.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:56 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
When people stop watching the East Rutherford, New Jersey Giants then I'll get back to you about the Overland Park Chiefs.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:17 PM 03-30-2022
I think it's safe to say that Missouri isn't going to allow two NFL teams to leave their state within 10 years of one another (much less let one go to Kansas), and I'm pretty sure the NFL and the Chiefs fully understand this.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:59 PM 03-30-2022
Huh?

"Fox4 reporting Shields’s comments that Royals requested the renewal of the Sports Complex Tax on the November ballot."
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:25 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think it's safe to say that Missouri isn't going to allow two NFL teams to leave their state within 10 years of one another (much less let one go to Kansas), and I'm pretty sure the NFL and the Chiefs fully understand this.
Yea, it would obviously ruffle a few feathers in Missouri. But why the **** would the NFL care if the Kansas City Chiefs got a better sweetheart deal and built a new shiny stadium a few miles from their current one some place over in JoCo (not that I'm predicting it).

But if Missouri's opening offer is 'we will pay any price to keep the stadium in KCMO and out of Kansas'...

Yeah great.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:33 PM 03-30-2022
I bet Mark Donovan lives on the Kansas side :-)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:48 AM 03-31-2022
Build it on the border, have Chiefs bench in Missouri and visitors in Kansas. Every game is a border war.
[Reply]
jettio 08:36 AM 03-31-2022
Wyandotte County and Jackson County are the only counties that would do a deal for some public funding of a major civic asset.

Aside from KCI Airport being in the Platte County part of Kansas City, almost every big thing in Kansas City is in Jackson County or Wyandotte County.

Johnson County, Kansas, has had the highest median income in the area since the 1960's, those folks don't mind money spent on schools for their kids, but they will never agree to pay more taxes to build something major that is not for their direct benefit only, when Jackson County and Wyandotte County and KCMO are nearby.
[Reply]
kgrund 08:58 AM 03-31-2022
Always amazed about the high level of animus that Missouri folks have for Kansas. Just unreal. I love Arrowhead and want the Chiefs to stay there due to being sentimental. However, if the Chiefs relocate, who cares where they go as long as it is in the metro. Does it really matter? The Jets/Giants play in New Jersey. The Commanders in Maryland. Nothing changes but the drive.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:25 AM 03-31-2022
I think they should move all of metro Kansas City 4 hours to BFE Kansas where I live and build a new stadium and I could get Whataburger any time I'd like.

Wyandotte County has some real nut jobs. When I worked at Osawatomie State Hospital I could peg the ones that came from Wyadotte County or Sedgwick county bunch of borderline assholes. They pretended to be crazy but more had Assholiosis all bad ass till they saw the needle the nurse was going give them, then coward and cry like a bitch. It would cure them most of the time after a few days and get discharged only to be replaced by another borderline Assholiosis.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:29 AM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Always amazed about the high level of animus that Missouri folks have for Kansas. Just unreal. I love Arrowhead and want the Chiefs to stay there due to being sentimental. However, if the Chiefs relocate, who cares where they go as long as it is in the metro. Does it really matter? The Jets/Giants play in New Jersey. The Commanders in Maryland. Nothing changes but the drive.

I want to know how many Missouri NASCAR lovers that go to Kansas Speedway to get their NASCAR fix?
[Reply]
Hoover 09:32 AM 03-31-2022
If the city, county, and State, want to keep the Chiefs where they are there is a pretty simple way to do it. You sell the Truman Sports Complex to the Hunt family once the Royals move. Now how that looks can be worked out. If you did that, they would turn that place into a rocking entertainment district and would probably build a new stadium at some point.

You just have to come to terms that unless you get Hunt and the Chiefs to commit to the location by selling it to them they can be lured away by other communities who would love to bring the Chiefs to their town and help fund a new stadium.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:23 AM 03-31-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I want to know how many Missouri NASCAR lovers that go to Kansas Speedway to get their NASCAR fix?
All of them.
[Reply]
Balto 11:27 AM 03-31-2022
I agree with others that Kauffman stadium needs to be knocked down and moved to town town and Chiefs build a new stadium on the ashes.

They also need to put in a area with shops and food options like many of the NFL and MLB stadiums have now.

For example look at Arizona Cardinals stadium and having Westgate district next to it.

The stadium, parking and ALL of Westgate take up about 475 acres of space. If you look at a map the lot that Arrowhead and Kauffman are on is about 450-500 acres and could easily be built up in the model of a area LIKE AZ Cards stadium. Hotels, Shopping, food, movies all kinds of entertainment.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 36
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up