ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 173
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:09 PM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Is Peaky Blinders any good?
Only one of the best series ever made. It goes in my top 10 of all-time for sure.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:49 PM 05-29-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Is Peaky Blinders any good?
Yes.

Absolutely.

It's fantastic.

But it isn't a light easy watch. I ended up turning on CC solely for the fact I didn't have to use as much brainpower to decode the accent.

Watch it. There is literally no downside other than you'll walk around wanting to yell PEAKY FUCK-IN BLINDAS, and it turns out that isn't necessarily socially acceptable.
[Reply]
In58men 07:57 PM 05-29-2023
Thanks for the feedback gents, gonna start it tonight.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:18 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Unique ending. Great final season. Finale was the first recent episode that I didn’t have a couple true LOL moments but they wrapped things up well and creatively.
It was unique for sure. It was definitely a callout to those who latched on and enjoyed the power fantasy of Barry's first 2 seasons (and in general to people in the audience who glom on to anti-hero power fantasy stories like Breaking Bad or The Shield). Hader basically said "here you go sickos". I knew right away Gene made a huge mistake
Spoiler!
. All in all, I still thought season 4 was great, but I could have done without the moralizing of the last two seasons from Hader, who had crafted such a brilliant universe.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:49 AM 05-30-2023
Just finished The Wire. Amazing show. If you are one of those like me who hadn’t watched it yet do it. You won’t regret it. So many deep and complex themes along with great execution.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:16 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yes.

Absolutely.

It's fantastic.

But it isn't a light easy watch. I ended up turning on CC solely for the fact I didn't have to use as much brainpower to decode the accent.

Watch it. There is literally no downside other than you'll walk around wanting to yell PEAKY FUCK-IN BLINDAS, and it turns out that isn't necessarily socially acceptable.
Yeah, one of my favorite shows ever.

It goes up and down a bit, I think it was the third season with the Russian family that was damn near impossible to follow. But season 4 was just so damn good that it sucked me right back in and the momentum was more than enough to power it through an up and down season 5 and very satisfying season 6.

So Seasons 1 and 2 will be more than enough to keep you watching - don't let season 3 bury you - season 4 and beyond is good but really all 6 seasons are worth it just for season 4 alone, IMO. It was just outstanding.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:20 PM 05-30-2023
BTW, it's funny that there's so many "series finales" this year due to the writers strike. The producers want to wrap it up before everything goes to shit.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:42 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
BTW, it's funny that there's so many "series finales" this year due to the writers strike. The producers want to wrap it up before everything goes to shit.
Pretty sure that all of these shows had planned to end long before the writers' strike was an inevitability.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:52 PM 05-30-2023
Pretty sure that all of these shows had planned to end long before the writers' strike was an inevitability.
Right. All these have been written, filmed, edited, and released.

What the writers were working on in terms of TV won't be released for at least a year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 05-31-2023
Unique ending. Great final season. Finale was the first recent episode that I didn’t have a couple true LOL moments but they wrapped things up well and creatively.
I'm not sure I'd go with 'unique' unless you mean the final 5 minutes. And really, I think that was done just to satirize hollywood writ large; something that Gene's entire character (and Sally's character arc) has done from the jump.

But I do think they landed the plane well. It was a satisfying conclusion. I'm not sure there's anything I'd have done differently except maybe:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 09:52 PM 05-31-2023
Idk if anyone watches Dave on FX but this season has been one of the best seasons of any show I’ve seen.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:13 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not sure I'd go with 'unique' unless you mean the final 5 minutes. And really, I think that was done just to satirize hollywood writ large; something that Gene's entire character (and Sally's character arc) has done from the jump.

But I do think they landed the plane well. It was a satisfying conclusion. I'm not sure there's anything I'd have done differently except maybe:

Spoiler!
Yeah, I think I was referring to the final 5 minutes. Was just a nice little twist.

And agreed on your spoiler. He deserved better. Absolutely hysterical character the entire way through.

I think the best part of the final season was Fuches Raven stuff. That part in the prison when he was giving out nicknames just slayed me. Then picking up the barista when he got out of prison. Awesome.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:43 AM 06-01-2023
I didn't search too much within the thread - but how's "Safe" being received? - I'm about 75 percent into epi 1 and it seems like it could go either way.
[Reply]
luv 08:17 AM 06-01-2023
Mondays on FOX are going to be my guilty pleasure.

First...this looks hilarious....

And then, I'm a sucker for baking shows and mysteries (and I'm a chick), sooo...

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:41 AM 06-02-2023
Kate Mara's Class of 09 has been interesting thus far
[Reply]
Page 151 of 173
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161 > Last »
Up