ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 172
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:22 PM 05-09-2023
Anyone watching Silo on Apple TV? Only 2 episodes out right now but looks promising.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:22 PM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Taking a run at The Last Kingdom. Man that's a slog. And the pacing is somehow simultaneously dog-slow and lightning fast.

I mean 5 episodes in he'll have gone from an 8 year old second in line saxon heir to an adult Dane warrior back to a saxon elder who went from dating his childhood 'co-slave' to married to some fringe nobility to a father and then divorced. I mean damn guys. How are you gonna coax 5 seasons and a movie out of this?

The problem is that 90% of it seems to happen offscreen. On screen there have been like 3 critical conversations and a couple of battles. Then a lot of horseriding.

I don't know if its actually any good - I just find the subject matter interesting.
I just finished watching all the seasons and the movie with my wife....all in all pretty good show and I will miss the Utred character.

Destiny is all.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:52 PM 05-09-2023
This weeks episode was soooooooo heavy handed.

Bill. Dude. We get it.
So you got my comforter?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
So you got my comforter?
Sally's pretty hot as a trashy brunettte, not gonna lie...
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:32 PM 05-09-2023
Sally's pretty hot as a trashy brunettte, not gonna lie...
I made a post about Sarah with dark hair about a year ago, it looks very good on her.

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Started Barry again last night. I kind of remember where I left off, the scenes with Stephen Root are coming back to me now.

Btw I did a google search on Sarah Goldberg and I gotta say she looks even better as a brunette.
:-)

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:08 PM 05-09-2023
They (Barry show) seem to have glossed over
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:10 PM 05-15-2023
It’s time for Season 3 of The Righteous Gemstones. I’m ready.

[Reply]
SAGA45 10:57 PM 05-15-2023
"From" - reasons to watch? Hannah Cheramy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:31 AM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
"From" - reasons to watch? Hannah Cheramy.
Moms is no slouch either, Catalina Sandino Moreno

That show is beyond bad though, imo

Its like Lost meets some awkward made for TV Stephen King adaptation aired on the WB during the 2000s
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:52 AM 05-17-2023
Really good last episode of Barry, this show is just so well executed. Just wish Hader didn't feel the need to castrate his main character.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Really good last episode of Barry, this show is just so well executed. Just wish Hader didn't feel the need to castrate his main character.
If the writing remains honest, I just don't see any way Barry makes it out of that garage.

I mean Jim Moss hasn't really hidden his intentions at any point and Barry has no allies left. Clearly Hank and Fuches saving the day would be forced as hell.

But yeah, Hader's loathing of his character has really made landing the plane here a bit of a chore.

EDIT: Unfortunately I forgot that Hader isn't doing his after-show interviews anymore 'in solidarity with the screenwriters strike'. That's a bummer as I'd like to get a little more insight as to his thinking this season.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:37 AM 05-17-2023
If the writing remains honest, I just don't see any way Barry makes it out of that garage.

I mean Jim Moss hasn't really hidden his intentions at any point and Barry has no allies left. Clearly Hank and Fuches saving the day would be forced as hell.

But yeah, Hader's loathing of his character has really made landing the plane here a bit of a chore.

EDIT: Unfortunately I forgot that Hader isn't doing his after-show interviews anymore 'in solidarity with the screenwriters strike'. That's a bummer as I'd like to get a little more insight as to his thinking this season.
You've said it best, but I think it's pretty easy to predict
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 AM 05-17-2023
You've said it best, but I think it's pretty easy to predict
Spoiler!
Yeah, that was the only 'out' I could come up with as well. But again, that just feels so cliched and forced.

And honestly it'd be a little disappointing to me. I mean hell, I'd have been just fine with the last scene of this episode being the last scene of the entire series. Jim deserves that moment.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:47 AM 05-17-2023
Everyday can be like Dave and Busters.
[Reply]
kevrunner 08:26 PM 05-18-2023
This is on Hulu, also it is on Disney+ I believe. I started watching and couldn’t stop, 6 episodes available now. Final 2 episodes will be released next week.

[Reply]
Page 149 of 172
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159 > Last »
Up