ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 172
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:08 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The fact that it seems to trigger someone like you enough to complain about it on a message board with your online friends is perhaps more of the "issue."

Most people watching the show don't remotely care about or even think about that. You view it as some affront and TribalElder thinks one must "suspend belief" to believe it could occur at that time. Otherwise, death and murder!

You're right - clips of the old Perry Mason must be more indicative of how things actually were at that time. I'm sure TV in the 50s and 60s was pretty much representative of a broad swath of society. I feel bad for your wife that she probably couldn't nod her head like Barbara Eden and make all of your wishes come true
https://time.com/5600232/lgbt-crime-history/

If you didn't have a chance to talk to someone who lived during such a period
[Reply]
lewdog 08:28 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Welp, after years of procrastinating and not getting past season 1 of Yellowstone, I'm diving into the rabbit hole of season 2. I may end up moving to LoLo MT before the end of the week.
Lolo Montana steakhouse is fabulous. Not much else about Lolo though. lol.

Yellowstone is pretty worthless. It was a decent concept to start but got so far off track it's not even watchable.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:31 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://time.com/5600232/lgbt-crime-history/

If you didn't have a chance to talk to someone who lived during such a period
You're a complete and total moron. Let's find one story about a homosexual who was murdered in the 1950s and pretend like you've proven a point. Are you even trying, bro?

First, he's male.

Second, it's the suburbs.

Third, of 10000x more importance, it's one instance.

https://xtramagazine.com/power/lesbi...he-1930s-70201

Believe it or not - the vast majority of lesbians in this country weren't rounded up and murdered in the 1930s. I'm sorry if that disappoints your sensibilities. Nor were homosexual males in the 1950s and 1960s regularly murdered before the Stonewall Riots.

I did spend a decade of my life living two blocks from the Stonewall Inn, but putting that to the side, is there anything else you can provide a single example of 20 years later that you think should represent a true reality on a television show you're watching?
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:37 PM 03-30-2023
For the record, History is not being rewritten. Fiction is being rewritten.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:39 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Lolo Montana steakhouse is fabulous. Not much else about Lolo though. lol.

Yellowstone is pretty worthless. It was a decent concept to start but got so far off track it's not even watchable.
Snowfall on the other hand is killing its final season.

Shout out to you and eDave for that rec.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:49 PM 03-30-2023
Snowfall on the other hand is killing its final season.

Shout out to you and eDave for that rec.
Man that show just never dropped off.

I was worried in the final season they would try to get too cute, but it feels very honest and very real with how it's ending for some of the characters.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:54 PM 03-30-2023
When I saw Franklin flying a plane I was 100% out on Snowfall

There was a bunch of other things that contributed but I couldn't continue after that

Was the shark jump moment for me
[Reply]
lewdog 09:04 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
When I saw Franklin flying a plane I was 100% out on Snowfall

There was a bunch of other things that contributed but I couldn't continue after that

Was the shark jump moment for me
I think it was to more signify that he made it. He had tons of money to do whatever he wanted including buying a plane and learning how to fly it. He wasn't going to be stuck in the shitty projects like the rest still were, he was "above" them all.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:17 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I think it was to more signify that he made it. He had tons of money to do whatever he wanted including buying a plane and learning how to fly it. He wasn't going to be stuck in the shitty projects like the rest still were, he was "above" them all.
Maybe it was the way they filmed it but it looked flimsy AF

I feel the good ones know when to end it properly and this one has a diminishing value feel to it
[Reply]
lewdog 09:20 PM 03-30-2023

I feel the good ones know when to end it properly and this one has a diminishing value feel to it
Meet me at the statue!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:21 PM 03-30-2023

You felt wrong, bitch.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:35 PM 03-30-2023
You're a complete and total moron. Let's find one story about a homosexual who was murdered in the 1950s and pretend like you've proven a point. Are you even trying, bro?

First, he's male.

Second, it's the suburbs.

Third, of 10000x more importance, it's one instance.

https://xtramagazine.com/power/lesbi...he-1930s-70201

Believe it or not - the vast majority of lesbians in this country weren't rounded up and murdered in the 1930s. I'm sorry if that disappoints your sensibilities. Nor were homosexual males in the 1950s and 1960s regularly murdered before the Stonewall Riots.

I did spend a decade of my life living two blocks from the Stonewall Inn, but putting that to the side, is there anything else you can provide a single example of 20 years later that you think should represent a true reality on a television show you're watching?
Gave you an example, not mentioning the discrimination that's emboldened on the show. Knowing what I heard from others who lived in the generation.

Keep on name calling, because you apparently you believe that it was a Utopia of equal rights, and such hate crimes never occurred consistently like African American hate crimes during this time
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:45 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Gave you an example, not mentioning the discrimination that's emboldened on the show. Knowing what I heard from others who lived in the generation.

Keep on name calling, because you apparently you believe that it was a Utopia of equal rights, and such hate crimes never occurred consistently like African American hate crimes during this time
Just a reminder that you literally said that the premise of the show was so ridiculous that one had to "suspend belief" to appreciate it because people who engaged in that behavior would've been murdered during that period.

Not that there was simply discrimination....but rather, some form of genocide.

I hope you see the difference.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:00 PM 03-30-2023
Just a reminder that you literally said that the premise of the show was so ridiculous that one had to "suspend belief" to appreciate it because people who engaged in that behavior would've been murdered during that period.

Not that there was simply discrimination....but rather, some form of genocide.

I hope you see the difference.

Never said genocide, you're putting words in my mouth but they were seen less than human hence many using the word queer as a slur. Gay people hid their preference in lovers because of it. The Great Depression spiked such hate crimes enabling white supremacists raiding homosexual centric nightclubs killing anyone in sight.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:16 PM 03-30-2023
You felt wrong, bitch.

[Reply]
Page 141 of 172
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Up