ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 172
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:17 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Severance on Apple TV is weird and great show.

I read the first word and immediately got excited hoping news of season 2 would fill out the rest of your post. And yes it’s awesome, immediately one of my favorites of the last 10 years if not more.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:24 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I posted about Perry Mason when Season 1 went on.

I enjoyed it a LOT. I really did. It took some heat (maybe rightfully so, IDK) that it wasn't very true to the original story. I'm not much of a Mason fan otherwise, so it didn't really bother me, but I was really into the story.

Season 2 is running right now and I'm all about it.
Perry Mason is my dad’s favorite show. MFer was always on when I was a kid.

He doesn’t have HBO so hadn’t seen their version but is out here visiting so we’re literally watching it right now.

I figured he’d hate it because a) he’s old and a curmudgeon and b) a Perry Mason purist.

He’s loving it. He won’t say he’s loving it, just like the food I cook for him, but I can tell.

It’s my 2nd time through season one and I’m appreciating it even more.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:04 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm kind of curious to watch. He was so good in "The Americans".
I agree, think Mathew Rhys is a special talent. I enjoy Shea Whigham as well.

I posted about Perry Mason when Season 1 went on.

I enjoyed it a LOT. I really did. It took some heat (maybe rightfully so, IDK) that it wasn't very true to the original story. I'm not much of a Mason fan otherwise, so it didn't really bother me, but I was really into the story.

Season 2 is running right now and I'm all about it.
I guess my search skills are lacking. :-) I found nothing when I attempted it. I like this story line better than the original.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:31 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I agree, think Mathew Rhys is a special talent. I enjoy Shea Whigham as well.

I guess my search skills are lacking. :-) I found nothing when I attempted it. I like this story line better than the original.
The Discussion starts around post 1013.

Not sure how much time you want to spend on it, but it's out there.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:49 AM 03-23-2023
Enjoy! It really sticks the landing hard by the time Season 1 finishes.
I just finished it. That season finale is up their with all time greats.
[Reply]
BEAVER 11:26 AM 03-23-2023
Full Swing on Netflix is a good watch - as long as you are a degenerate golfer. It covers last season and the whole LIV vs. PGA thing. Interesting.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:18 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ght=The+Strain

I liked it, probably a better binge that an episode a week series
We got through the first season and was a little underwhelmed by it. We started the second season and I think we have decided to stop watching it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03-23-2023, 12:23 PM
This message has been deleted by BigBeauford.
Buehler445 12:24 PM 03-23-2023
I watched the Consultant on Amazon.

I think I'm not smart enough to catch what it was getting at. Some of it was pretty decent. Some of it was cringe. At the very least it kept me engaged.

Overall, it was pretty underwhelming, but there are some good performances.
[Reply]
Holladay 02:56 PM 03-24-2023
Night Agent on netflix is a great adventure/mystery stream. I would highly recommend it.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:08 AM 03-25-2023
Oh my word, the Succession season 4 reviews are dropping and so are my pants:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/succession/s04
I have been rewatching season three in preperation, as season four is supposed to come out tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:35 AM 03-25-2023
I have been rewatching season three in preperation, as season four is supposed to come out tomorrow. :-)
I should have done this. Damn me for having work to do.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:36 AM 03-25-2023
We did the same about a month ago (watched the whole series actually). It's better than I remembered it.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:51 PM 03-25-2023
I should have done this. Damn me for having work to do.
No excuse! :-)

After 4 1/2 inches of rain in 15 hours Thursday night, I spent 5 hours this morning raking, shoveling and relocating the gravel in my 300ft driveway and still got through episode 9 this afternoon. :-)

I have never seen a downpour like that, it was overshooting the gutters and we live on the side of a hill. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:53 PM 03-25-2023
We did the same about a month ago (watched the whole series actually). It's better than I remembered it.
Yeah, it had been so long since I watched the series it took most of season 3 for me to put things back into perspective.

Great series!
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:55 PM 03-25-2023
I watched the Consultant on Amazon.

I think I'm not smart enough to catch what it was getting at. Some of it was pretty decent. Some of it was cringe. At the very least it kept me engaged.

Overall, it was pretty underwhelming, but there are some good performances.
My Mrs. just finished that and is still shaking her head, saying it makes very little sense and was very strange. :-)
[Reply]
Page 138 of 172
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148 > Last »
Up