ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 172
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:21 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Just saw an ad for a new show on AMC called Lucky Hank with Bob Odenkirk.

https://www.google.com/search?q=luck...obile&ie=UTF-8
Call me intrigued.
[Reply]
luv 03:44 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Did you watch Vikings first? Man I love that show. Haven’t gotten around to Valhalla yet, but have heard it’s not nearly as good as Vikings.
I hadn't, but I hear it's excellent. I read where Valhalla is good as a stand-alone, but I definitely want to go back and watch Vikings.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:44 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I watch a ton of those types of shows. Some of my favorite shows of all time are like Law and Order SVU.

I do absolutely love mysteries that span multiple episodes but I also like to intersperse shows that are cleaner.

The show I mentioned a couple of days ago - The Good Cop - is a show where each episode is a new mystery/crime and they wrap it up by the end of the episode.
If you have Prime I feel like Three Pines is a bit of a hybrid that fits. Same town, Twin Peaks/Northern Exposure like quirkiness/humor, different crimes that get worked within the same season but each over multiple episodes.

I found it enjoyable as a middle ground between a super serious murder mystery and a smart, yet lighter, small town likeable detective show ala some of the British stuff.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:27 AM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
If you have Prime I feel like Three Pines is a bit of a hybrid that fits. Same town, Twin Peaks/Northern Exposure like quirkiness/humor, different crimes that get worked within the same season but each over multiple episodes.

I found it enjoyable as a middle ground between a super serious murder mystery and a smart, yet lighter, small town likeable detective show ala some of the British stuff.
Cool. I will check it out. :-)
[Reply]
markdis 02:50 PM 03-08-2023
Just found out that Marvelous mrs Maisel season 4 is out. Excited to watch it tonight.
First of all need to check if i manage to install bbc iplayer on firestick following this guide.
Anyone have seen it already? What can you say about this season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:45 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by markdis:
Just found out that Marvelous mrs Maisel season 4 is out. Excited to watch it tonight
Nice. I didn’t know that either. Thanks
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:05 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by markdis:
Just found out that Marvelous mrs Maisel season 4 is out. Excited to watch it tonight
Isn't season 5 coming out in a month??
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:00 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Isn't season 5 coming out in a month??
Shit looks like April 14th.
[Reply]
dmahurin 02:53 PM 03-09-2023
The second season of yellowjackets on showtime is starting on March 26th. The first season was incredible.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:27 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
The second season of yellowjackets on showtime is starting on March 26th. The first season was incredible.
Ted Lasso next week. Yellow Jackets the week after.

These will help ease the blow of the end of The Last of Us.

Snowflake going strong in its last season as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Ted Lasso next week. Yellow Jackets the week after.

These will help ease the blow of the end of The Last of Us.

Snowflake going strong in its last season as well.
So ready for Lasso. It's been a long wait. Too bad it's probably the last season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:39 PM 03-10-2023
So ready for Lasso. It's been a long wait. Too bad it's probably the last season.
I heard on a podcast that seemed to think it was confirmed the last season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I heard on a podcast that seemed to think it was confirmed the last season.
It hasn't been fully confirmed yet, AFAIK. But the rumor mill is pretty strong that they are done.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:17 PM 03-10-2023
It hasn't been fully confirmed yet, AFAIK. But the rumor mill is pretty strong that they are done.
It’s definitely the last season.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:59 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I just finished binging Mr. Inbetween on Hulu, not sure if this show was discussed in the thread, I did a search and didn’t find any previous recommendations. I didn’t think I was going to like this series but it has ended up as one of my all time favorites.

Just got done with season 2. The ending was almost painful to watch. Such a good show.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 172
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Up