ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 1207
« First < 60110150156157158159160 1611621631641702102606601160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:46 PM 05-21-2016
Surf & Turf
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:34 AM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Because beef >>>> sea critter

I don't know about that. There are lots of shellfish that on most days I'd pick over beef. I love beef, don't get me wrong. But lobster, crab, scallops, prawns... :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:32 AM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Yeah, I deserve that, it was the beer talking and I should have kept my mouth shut. But that does sound good!
I tried the galette again yesterday, but changed it up. Used duck fat instead of butter, seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley, and for the last 20 minutes or so, put a big helping of pecorino romano on the top. I also put the dish on my baking steel, which crisped up the bottom nicely. Turned out really good, and I'm hoping since I added cheese, it would now pass the Buzz test. Just keep your powdered gravy away from it. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 09:17 AM 05-22-2016
Beef stroganoff
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:04 AM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I'm gonna try a couple of new things in the next few days.

2) A hybrid meatloaf/chicken taco thing. Ground chicken mixed with salsa and taco seasonings covered in cheese and baked like a meatloaf.
Update: it sucked. Goddammit. I hate wasting time and money on something that turns out to be shit.

Update #2: I'm frying some country ham, sausage, and bacon now.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:24 PM 05-22-2016
What kind of cretin would eat meatloaf :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:09 PM 05-22-2016
Ground beef on pizza. Is this some kind of lack of better options growing up in the Midwest type of thing? Had some friends from KC come in to visit this weekend and the already awkward "what do you want on your pizza?" conversation became even more awkward when ground beef was mentioned and seconded. In what world is ground beef a better option than sausage on pizza?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:11 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Ground beef on pizza. Is this some kind of lack of better options growing up in the Midwest type of thing? Had some friends from KC come in to visit this weekend and the already awkward "what do you want on your pizza?" conversation became even more awkward when ground beef was mentioned and seconded. In what world is ground beef a better option than sausage on pizza?

Depends on the beef. There's a place in Columbia, MO that does ground beef and it's incredible. Also, some people don't like sausage (and particularly Italian sausage).
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:20 PM 05-22-2016
My daughter took pic and am waiting for it. She procrastinates so it might be a day — or two.

Lamb burgers with tzatziki sauce, served with a side of diced zucchini and red pepper lightly sauteed and a salad. She just has zucchini because she doesn't like red peppers.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:29 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I tried the galette again yesterday, but changed it up. Used duck fat instead of butter, seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley, and for the last 20 minutes or so, put a big helping of pecorino romano on the top. I also put the dish on my baking steel, which crisped up the bottom nicely. Turned out really good, and I'm hoping since I added cheese, it would now pass the Buzz test. Just keep your powdered gravy away from it. :-)

I'm sure anything you cook is good and you definitely like your spuds. The turkey and chicken looked great by the way.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:36 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Apparently you have never had a Fun House pizza. It has it all and is the bomb.

[Reply]
lewdog 06:42 PM 05-22-2016
Only pizza I want ground beef on is a taco pizza. Otherwise, eat a fucking hamburger.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:50 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Only pizza I want ground beef on is a taco pizza. Otherwise, eat a ****ing hamburger.

If you ever come to KC, I'm buying, pretty sure you will change your mind.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:50 PM 05-22-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Depends on the beef. There's a place in Columbia, MO that does ground beef and it's incredible. Also, some people don't like sausage (and particularly Italian sausage).
That is because most places use the mild Italian sausage which is pretty bland. If they used hot or sweet it would be much better.

Hot Italian sausage + fresh basil = great pizza.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:51 PM 05-22-2016
The chefs in here will shred my ass - this is all out of the box crap but it was decent and quick.

Pork chops from SAMs. They kind of sucked. They were good in the samples but after they cooled some they weren't particularly good. But not bad for just heating in a pan. If we do it again we are going to grill them with BBQ sauce.

Potatoes are out of the box.

Green beans are frozen.

[Reply]
Page 160 of 1207
« First < 60110150156157158159160 1611621631641702102606601160 > Last »
Up