ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 51
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:19 AM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There's no shame in being wrong. The shame is in doubling and tripling down.
Yup. There is not a person on here who has a 100% success rate, so there will be bad takes. It's only the ones who refuse to acknowledge they are wrong who deserve ridicule. There are just too many factors to take into account regarding player evaluations.
[Reply]
Otter 09:50 AM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Yup. There is not a person on here who has a 100% success rate, so there will be bad takes. It's only the ones who refuse to acknowledge they are wrong who deserve ridicule. There are just too many factors to take into account regarding player evaluations.
Somewhat disagree.

It leans more to being caustically spiteful and hateful to someone who was just drafted to your team but it's not who YOU wanted.

I mean, really?

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I hope both of his ACL's burst.

[Reply]
tredadda 10:06 AM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by Otter:
Somewhat disagree.

It leans more to being caustically spiteful and hateful to someone who was just drafted to your team but it's not who YOU wanted.

I mean, really?
That is true. It's why I am glad I don't evaluate players at all and just trust the few on here who have a track record of being good with those evaluations. I also tend to read who was drafted and watch the highlights, but don't post much because of what you highlighted. Those can get as bad as GDTs.
[Reply]
Otter 10:25 AM 05-01-2023
That is true. It's why I am glad I don't evaluate players at all and just trust the few on here who have a track record of being good with those evaluations. I also tend to read who was drafted and watch the highlights, but don't post much because of what you highlighted. Those can get as bad as GDTs.
To be honest, I was huge on Kevil Kolb before PMII. I just don't go negative when the people choosing know more about football than I'll ever.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:50 AM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
This is a good point. Reid hadn't coached a game yet, and this place was reeling.

I didn't comment on Kelce because I really didn't know who he was. Seriously, who would have known he was going to be the greatest to ever play the position?

I was a very angry potato that offseason.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:39 PM 06-08-2023
I love this argument. It just makes Kelce look better. There’s a reason why Kelce is on the field and Gronk/Kittle turned into brokedicks.

Billy saying this right before he has to meet @tkelce is a all time bird brain move https://t.co/bVfzzPlIgs

— ProNuggetsTalk Commenter (@PFTCommenter) June 8, 2023

[Reply]
ModSocks 05:44 PM 06-08-2023
I dont know who "Billy" is and don't care. He's a moron.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:45 PM 06-08-2023
Who the fuck is Billy? Never seen that guy in my fucking life
[Reply]
notorious 05:48 PM 06-08-2023
"Gronk" and Kelce shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 06:15 PM 06-08-2023
I've been right about a few guys here and there, but I was completely wrong about Tanoh; I think it stemmed from my affinity for small school defenders, and I definitely doubled down on that pick...

Big miss on my part
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:24 PM 06-08-2023
We crown this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:26 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I love this argument. It just makes Kelce look better. There’s a reason why Kelce is on the field and Gronk/Kittle turned into brokedicks.

I think he still takes TOO MANY hits.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:30 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I guess the silver lining at this point is it doesn't matter who gets picked at this point position or player wise.. the odds are already against them actually contributing so it's a wash.
That seems inaccurate.
[Reply]
Bump 07:40 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
"Gronk" and Kelce shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
it's okay if you are discussing the mount rushmore of TE's
[Reply]
BWillie 07:43 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think he still takes TOO MANY hits.
Just wait until this year...when our #1 WR is Richie James or MVS. Really hope we can give him alot of rest and have Noah fill in more. Save him for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 51
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up