ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 51
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Chief TE Travis Kelce
TribalElder 06:43 PM 04-26-2013
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...lce?id=2540258

OVERVIEW
In high school, Kelce was a three sport star, but his best sport was always football. He was a three-year letter winner at quarterback, and earned All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense and 31 total touchdowns as a senior. Kelce’s uncle Don Blalock played football at Purdue and grandfather Don Blalock played football at Ohio. Travis is the younger brother of former Cincinnati Bearcats and current Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.

In his first year on campus, Travis redshirted. In his redshirt freshman year, Kelce participated in 11 games as the tight end. He caught one pass for three yards. Kelce also played some quarterback, strictly in a Wildcat role. He logged eight carries for 47 yards and two touchdowns. Kelce did not play in 2010, as he was suspended for a violation of team rules. Upon his return in 2011, Kelce caught 13 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his senior season, Kelce put himself on the NFL prospect map, as he caught 45 passes for 722 yards and eight touchdowns. He was selected to the All-Big East first team for his play.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Kelce has an ideal tight end frame. Athletic for his size, with great strength, and the ability to stretch the field vertically. Very physical run blocker, generates power from the lower half, and will move defenders off the ball. Plays with leverage. Wide catching radius, can adjust and make the difficult catch. Tough to bring down after the catch. Light feet, and has lined up in numerous different positions.
WEAKNESSES Suspended for an entire season for violating team rules. Only one season of production. Doesn't have blazing speed. Not a tremendously explosive athlete. Doesn't come out of his breaks all that well.
NFL COMPARISON Rob Gronkowski
BOTTOM LINE Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats, but really elevated his game as a receiver in his senior season. He isn't a tremendous athlete, but he does a lot of things very well. It's a deep tight end class, but Kelce's play suggests that he should be highly sought after.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:58 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Looks like a balla!
Wow! Deberg got one right. :-)
[Reply]
SupDock 01:08 PM 02-07-2023

Travis Kelce has played 17 career playoff games, the equivalent of one full regular season.

His stats in those 17 games:

127 catches
1,467 receiving yards
15 receiving TD

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 7, 2023

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:12 PM 02-07-2023
:-) Wow, that would be a career year for him.

Insane that he's been able to do that on the biggest stage.
[Reply]
493rd 01:13 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
**** this draft.

Bring on the ****ing banners SOC
this didn’t age well
[Reply]
Spott 01:24 PM 02-07-2023
So glad I didn’t comment on this thread back then. Holy hell.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:34 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by SupDock:
and the competition you face in the Playoffs is gonna be superior to what you'd see in a normal 17 game slate. The dude is otherworldly.
[Reply]
tooge 01:40 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
One player out of the draft turned out good so we had a good draft overall?

Sounds like a typical mediocre fan post
Sounds like you don't know what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to evaluating football players. The "one player" out of the draft is the best to ever play the position, and you were crapping on the pic. Shut the fuck up and let the pros draft.
[Reply]
kstater 01:42 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Stupid fucking team.

We just signed Anthony Fasano this off season. We have Moeaki. Those are both guys that average 400-600 yards a season.

And we spend the first pick of the 3rd round on another one? Sad.
This one is my favorite

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:43 PM 02-07-2023
Let's not get bump happy here.

Every one of us has had a bad take or three. Dredging stuff like this up proves nothing other than some people just can't let things go.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02-07-2023, 01:53 PM
This message has been deleted by Eleazar. Reason: heh
raybec 4 01:59 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Every one of us has had a bad take or three. Dredging stuff like this up proves nothing other than some people just can't let things go.
For sure. The only people who don't have shitty takes on this board occasionally are the people afraid to throw an opinion out there.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:21 PM 02-07-2023
We were coming off a 2-14 season and arguably one of the worst decades of Chiefs football. This board was beaten the fuck down
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We were coming off a 2-14 season and arguably one of the worst decades of Chiefs football. This board was beaten the fuck down
Right. We were just a few months removed from flying The Banner.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:39 PM 02-07-2023

I wasn’t bumping for bad takes, just seemed like a good place for the tweet. This thread saw action less than 2 weeks ago.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:39 PM 02-07-2023

This is very true. I will say that threads like this go to show how wrong some can be when evaluating picks as they are made. I don’t believe this particular thread is any different than almost any other you will read here or on other boards. In some ways it’s like looking at old high school yearbook photos and laughing about how you looked and wondering what you were thinking.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:42 PM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I wasn’t bumping for bad takes, just seemed like a good place for the tweet. This thread saw action less than 2 weeks ago.
Yeah, I wasn't really talking about that but all the posts that came after. I don't have a problem with a bump for news, which your post is.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 51
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up