ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Transgenders are taking over women's sports
sully1983 07:14 PM 09-11-2021
Alana McLaughlin, the second openly transgender woman to compete in MMA in the United States, won her debut Friday night via submission at the Combate Global prelims in Miami, Fla.

The 38-year-old used a rear-naked choke against Celine Provost to end the match 3 minutes, 32 seconds into the second round.

McLaughlin, who began her gender transition after leaving the U.S. Army Special Forces in 2010, said she hopes to be a pioneer for transgender athletes in combat sports.

“I want to pick up the mantle that Fallon put down,” McLaughlin told Outsports before the fight, referring to Fallon Fox, who in 2012 became the first transgender woman to fight in MMA. “Right now, I’m following in Fallon’s footsteps. I’m just another step along the way and it’s my great hope that there are more to follow behind me.”

Fox, who sat cageside Friday, last fought in 2014. Four years later, Patricio Manuel became the first transgender male to compete in a pro boxing match in the United States when he beat Hugo Aguilar via unanimous decision.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/transg...ins-mma-debut/

[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 08:32 PM 09-13-2021
So many shitty takes in this thread.

Originally Posted by :
Transgenders are taking over women's sports
Because of this one person? If they're "taking over" there should be many instances of trans people dominating the sports they play.

Originally Posted by :
This is only the beginning...
So the other two people in the OP who fought don't count?

Originally Posted by :
Men beating up women...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallon_Fox

5-1 record. Her one loss was to an opponent with a 6-5 record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricio_Manuel

A woman who transitioned to a man. 1-0 record. Can't get anyone to fight him.

Quit pretending you are worried about the integrity of women's sports. It's simply because trans people make you uncomfortable.

Get over it.
[Reply]
jettio 08:46 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I'm more concerned about this at the high school and college level; young women missing out on athletic scholarships and the like. Once this approaches the professional arena the market will decide whether this is valid or not and I'm fairly confident once the woke movement dies down it won't survive...because I don't see how it can ever be a truly level playing field.
Funny how this is marketed as "young women missing out on scholarships."

There is no female athlete missing out on a scholarship because of the scholarship being awarded to a biological male that says he wants to play on the women's college team.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:39 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Funny how this is marketed as "young women missing out on scholarships."

There is no female athlete missing out on a scholarship because of the scholarship being awarded to a biological male that says he wants to play on the women's college team.
Maybe not directly but it still has an effect on the female athletes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/connect...ix-violations/
[Reply]
jettio 11:53 PM 09-13-2021
Maybe not directly but it still has an effect on the female athletes.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/connect...ix-violations/
If one of the girls that did not win was getting a scholarship for their track ability, why would the girl not still get the scholarship for finishing behind a trans male? They should run the same time no matter who else is running.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:28 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Janx is a lightweight. He resorts to trolling with goofy pics when he can't refute or read.
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Lightweight? Bitch, you completely swerved my post.

I'm still waiting for an answer. Why do YOU get to tell Celine Provost whom she can or cannot fight? Is that HER decision or is that YOURS? How is it unfair to Celine if she CHOSE to fight? Did the promotion FORCE her to do this?

I get that YOU don't like it but people don't have to not do it because YOU don't like it. People who don't like it are welcome to:

a) not watch it
b) find a different promotion/league/team to support
*STILL* waiting for a response

BEP is all about personal freedoms and rights until it is something she doesn't like. Then people shouldn't do what they want to do but what BEP wants them to.

Hypocritical slag.
[Reply]
fan4ever 09:55 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
If one of the girls that did not win was getting a scholarship for their track ability, why would the girl not still get the scholarship for finishing behind a trans male? They should run the same time no matter who else is running.
I think you realize what a can of worms this is. It'll happen. The trans community won't stop at high school sports forever.

When this happens would you support transgender athletes getting scholarships over biological female athletes?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:27 AM 09-14-2021
I think you realize what a can of worms this is. It'll happen. The trans community won't stop at high school sports forever.

When this happens would you support transgender athletes getting scholarships over biological female athletes?
Females shouldn't get athletic scholarships now, unless they are at least as good as the men who get them. Title IX can blow me.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 10:48 AM 09-14-2021
they literally let a dude beat up a woman in a steel cage. Stupid libs. Utter derangement and mental health issues.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:09 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:
So many shitty takes in this thread.

Because of this one person? If they're "taking over" there should be many instances of trans people dominating the sports they play.

So the other two people in the OP who fought don't count?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallon_Fox

5-1 record. Her one loss was to an opponent with a 6-5 record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricio_Manuel

A woman who transitioned to a man. 1-0 record. Can't get anyone to fight him.

Quit pretending you are worried about the integrity of women's sports. It's simply because trans people make you uncomfortable.

Get over it.
NPR was doing a story on this a few weeks ago. This is a bit fuzzy, but my recollection is that the woman doing the interview, who is a regular on NPR, made a point about the individual who is presently regarded as the fastest woman on the planet. She said that her record has been beaten by X number of men and boys - I don't recall the number but it was huge - in the 100s or 1000s.

Is it fair for her to lose a race to an individual who used to be a man? I have no issues with trans people using the restroom of their choice. Sure, honestly, they do make me a bit uncomfortable, but that is not what this is about. This is about fairness.
[Reply]
jettio 11:27 AM 09-14-2021

I doubt I would support that, might depend on the sport.

Seems like there are not that many trans athletes, but I never knew how many same sex marriages there would end up being.

Also, seems like the younger people are less worried about it. If that generation does not mind, seems kind of silly for older generations to act like it is the end of the world.

The whole thing does not affect me. Seems like nonsense all around, nonsense for the advocates of trans-dude participation on women's teams and as bad or worse nonsense from the people making money out of the outrage over it. You can bet that the folks putting this issue in front of you are the opponents and they are making money out of it.
[Reply]
scho63 11:29 AM 09-14-2021
On the list of all the dumb and moronic things Dems back, and there are plenty, this ranks in the Top 3.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:47 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
On the list of all the dumb and moronic things Dems back, and there are plenty, this ranks in the Top 3.
1. Ban on "assault weapons"
2. No ID to vote
3. "this"
4. Foreign Policy
5. Pro Choice
6. Federal Spending
7. Immigration Policy
8. Nationalized Healthcare
9. Taxing the Super Rich

Top 3, right?
[Reply]
morphius 11:50 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
This issue is way more complicated than just the scary liberal agenda y'all are hand wringing over, its actually something that sports governing bodies and scientists are having a difficult time understanding. Here's a good starter....

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000416341095
It doesn't have to be complicated. Just go with the chromosome test, anyone with X chromosomes only get to play female sports. anyone else can compete in the other sports, including XX that are on testosterone to become manly. Maybe just call it "Open" instead of male. If there is some sport where we find that being a female is an advantage (I can't think of any unless you want to count dancing as a sport) then flip it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:52 AM 09-14-2021

How dare any of you question her femininity
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:55 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
If there is some sport where we find that being a female is an advantage (I can't think of any unless you want to count dancing as a sport) then flip it.
Certain types of gymnastics...

[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up