ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Transgenders are taking over women's sports
sully1983 07:14 PM 09-11-2021
Alana McLaughlin, the second openly transgender woman to compete in MMA in the United States, won her debut Friday night via submission at the Combate Global prelims in Miami, Fla.

The 38-year-old used a rear-naked choke against Celine Provost to end the match 3 minutes, 32 seconds into the second round.

McLaughlin, who began her gender transition after leaving the U.S. Army Special Forces in 2010, said she hopes to be a pioneer for transgender athletes in combat sports.

ďI want to pick up the mantle that Fallon put down,Ē McLaughlin told Outsports before the fight, referring to Fallon Fox, who in 2012 became the first transgender woman to fight in MMA. ďRight now, Iím following in Fallonís footsteps. Iím just another step along the way and itís my great hope that there are more to follow behind me.Ē

Fox, who sat cageside Friday, last fought in 2014. Four years later, Patricio Manuel became the first transgender male to compete in a pro boxing match in the United States when he beat Hugo Aguilar via unanimous decision.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/transg...ins-mma-debut/

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:21 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Because Alana McLaughlin isn't a woman no matter how hard he wants to believe it or how many hormones he injects. Alana McLaughlin should never have been allowed to participate in this sport, but the promoters see nothing but dollar signs when a controversial figure like McLaughlin shows up. That's probably the real issue here.
Who cares what some 5th rate traveling circus of an MMA promotion does or doesn't do? Why are you putting this all on them anyway? The promotion put it out there, after a long while they found Celine, and she accepted. It takes two to tango.

Originally Posted by :
That said, I agree with you. If Celine Provost wants to go full dumbfuck and have a fight against a biological male, this is America. Good luck to her and hopefully she won't be eating through a tube for an extended period of time.

[Reply]
sully1983 02:04 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Celine hadn't fought professionally IN 6 YEARS. I sincerely doubt Celine gives a **** about being "ostracized from the sport".

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Celine-Provost-201863

/edit - oh, and no one "PUT" her in that position... she CHOSE to take the fight.
Men are by all accounts more physically stronger than women. Therefore it is not a fair fight at all (don't care if the woman agreed to the fight either. If she spoke out about the disadvantage she probably would have been labeled a "transophobic bigot" or whatever other laughable liberal buzz word that is popular these days among the left wing lunatics. Its been done before btw. I don't get what is so hard to understand here. But by all means keep standing up for the freak shows on the Left though.:-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:39 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
If she spoke out about the disadvantage she probably would have been labeled a "transophobic bigot" or whatever other laughable liberal buzz word that is popular these days among the left wing lunatics.
Or, as I said before, she could simply admit she's no match for a man, even one who calls himself Jessica and buys makeup at Sephora.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:50 PM 09-13-2021
Men are by all accounts more physically stronger than women. Therefore it is not a fair fight at all (don't care if the woman agreed to the fight either. If she spoke out about the disadvantage she probably would have been labeled a "transophobic bigot" or whatever other laughable liberal buzz word that is popular these days among the left wing lunatics. Its been done before btw. I don't get what is so hard to understand here. But by all means keep standing up for the freak shows on the Left though.:-)
MANY people turned down the fight. Name one who is being called/labeled a transphobic bigot. One that is being shunned by MMA because they had the opportunity to fight her and declined.

Fuck... just name one person that turned down the fight regardless of repercussions.

It isn't about standing up for "freakshows". It is about people having the right to do whatever the fuck they want so long as they aren't impeding on anyone's rights to do the same.

Why the fuck would Celine have complained about the disadvantage when she knew who she would be fighting before signing on the dotted line??? That makes no fucking sense. I'm gonna get this paycheck that no one is obligating me to get AND I'm gonna complain the entire time.

Fucking stupid, man.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:20 PM 09-13-2021
Alana McLaughlin, the second openly transgender woman to compete in MMA in the United States, won her debut Friday night via submission at the Combate Global prelims in Miami, Fla.

The 38-year-old used a rear-naked choke against Celine Provost to end the match 3 minutes, 32 seconds into the second round.

McLaughlin, who began her gender transition after leaving the U.S. Army Special Forces in 2010, said she hopes to be a pioneer for transgender athletes in combat sports.

ďI want to pick up the mantle that Fallon put down,Ē McLaughlin told Outsports before the fight, referring to Fallon Fox, who in 2012 became the first transgender woman to fight in MMA. ďRight now, Iím following in Fallonís footsteps. Iím just another step along the way and itís my great hope that there are more to follow behind me.Ē

Fox, who sat cageside Friday, last fought in 2014. Four years later, Patricio Manuel became the first transgender male to compete in a pro boxing match in the United States when he beat Hugo Aguilar via unanimous decision.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/transg...ins-mma-debut/

This is insanity, IMHO.

Is it "fair" that men who have transitioned into women (as the terminology goes) can't compete in the gender with which they identify?

I don't know.

It's not a perfect world. It's not "fair" that a guy with no arms and no legs can't compete in Olympic high jumping. It sucks to be born with no arms and no legs, but it's one of those unfortunate facts of life that some people have to deal with.

It sucks to be born in a body that doesn't conform to your "gender identity." Yes, it would have been much better if you had been born that gender, but you weren't.

And beating up women won't change that. What it will do is create a really unfair situation for the women with whom you compete.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:24 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
This is insanity, IMHO.

Is it "fair" that men who have transitioned into women (as the terminology goes) can't compete in the gender with which they identify?

I don't know.

It's not a perfect world. It's not "fair" that a guy with no arms and no legs can't compete in Olympic high jumping. It sucks to be born with no arms and no legs, but it's one of those unfortunate facts of life that some people have to deal with.

It sucks to be born in a body that doesn't conform to your "gender identity." Yes, it would have been much better if you had been born that gender, but you weren't.

And beating up women won't change that. What it will do is create a really unfair situation for the women with whom you compete.
Meh, if women are tough enough to endure being forced to carry an unintended pregnancy to term, they're tough enough to endure getting their asses kicked by a dude who fantasizes about having a hatchet wound between his legs.
[Reply]
jettio 04:06 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I think this debate illustrates the post-intellectual, or anti-intellectual, time we are living in. Everyone simply denies things they donít want to be true, and not only of themselves but they now enact it as a matter of policy.

Itís obvious how society as a whole is harmed when men are allowed to compete against women in physical contests and to take scholarships from them and all the rest, but thereís a more serious harm that I donít think is appreciated.

The wokest among us will also say, how are you harmed by calling someone their preferred pronouns or calling someone a woman because they want to be called one. Itís because I know it is false. I know itís false, and by forcing me to say things that are false by threat of banning or firing or ostracization or whatever it might be, you are taking away not only my freedom of speech but also my agency as a person. By threatening me and my familyís livelihood and forcing me to say things that are false you have robbed me of the most basic human dignity of being able to say that something is true or false. This is more debasing than perhaps anything you can do to someone.

Most of the same crowd love to advocate for social programs by saying that there is no freedom without economic freedom. And yet they want to take economic freedom away from anyone whoís opinions they donít like by denying them the best opportunities or the right to work or even exist in mainstream society.

This is why our culture is falling apart, the twin menaces of a lack of belief that anything is objective, and a lack of belief that people with opposing ideas should have equal rights.
Scholarships?

I would believe that when I see it.

Are there any examples of a dude getting a scholarship for a women's college sport over a woman recruited for the same team?

That sounds far-fetched.
[Reply]
Bump 05:52 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
This is insanity, IMHO.

I don't know.

or stop celebrating mental illness? It sucks for women who work hard to compete to have it taken away from a mentally ill man. I know that the average college lib will call someone a nazi for stating that there are physiological and biological differences between women and men. But there really are!
[Reply]
eDave 05:53 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
or stop celebrating mental illness? It sucks for women who work hard to compete to have it taken away from a mentally ill man. I know that the average college lib will call someone a nazi for stating that there are physiological and biological differences between women and men. But there really are!
If it's a mental illness, stop making fun of them.
[Reply]
Bump 05:54 PM 09-13-2021
why don't they just make their own olympics where mentally ill men who think they are women can all compete against each other instead? That would at least be fair. They can't come up with anything on their own? All the wokes can go watch to support it.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:55 PM 09-13-2021
Yes, there are. And the wackos on the far left are off the rails trying to pretend that getting a hormone shot is going to even things up. It's fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
eDave 06:00 PM 09-13-2021
why don't they just make their own olympics where mentally ill men who think they are women can all compete against each other instead? That would at least be fair. They can't come up with anything on their own? All the wokes can go watch to support it.
I'm down for this. Transgender olympics is totally fair.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:10 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Celine hadn't fought professionally IN 6 YEARS. I sincerely doubt Celine gives a fuck about being "ostracized from the sport".

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Celine-Provost-201863

/edit - oh, and no one "PUT" her in that position... she CHOSE to take the fight.

You completely miss the point. Itís not about this one instance, hence the ďin generalĒ qualifier. Itís what could potentially come later. You would have to be incredibly short sighted to not understand this.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:48 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
You completely miss the point. Itís not about this one instance, hence the ďin generalĒ qualifier. Itís what could potentially come later. You would have to be incredibly short sighted to not understand this.
You said "in general putting a woman in this position..."

No one PUT Celine in this position other than Celine. No fighter has ever been "PUT" (in general or otherwise) in the position you are generalizing. Some 5th tier promotion having to scrounge for some rando from the other side of the planet hardly speaks to the eventuality that the UFC is gonna forcibly put their female fighters in that position.
[Reply]
fan4ever 07:23 PM 09-13-2021
I'm more concerned about this at the high school and college level; young women missing out on athletic scholarships and the like. Once this approaches the professional arena the market will decide whether this is valid or not and I'm fairly confident once the woke movement dies down it won't survive...because I don't see how it can ever be a truly level playing field.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up