ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>20 years, $6 trillion, 900,000 lives
RodeoPants2 10:49 AM 09-11-2021
https://www.vox.com/22654167/cost-de...istan-iraq-911

Originally Posted by :
On the evening of September 11, 2001, hours after two hijacked airliners had destroyed the World Trade Center towers and a third had hit the Pentagon building, President George W. Bush announced that the country was embarking on a new kind of war.

“America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world, and we stand together to win the war against terrorism,” Bush announced in a televised address to the nation.

It was Bush’s first use of the term that would come to define his presidency and deeply shape those of his three successors. The global war on terror, as the effort came to be known, was one of the most expansive and far-reaching policy initiatives in modern American history, and certainly the biggest of the 2000s.

It saw the US invade and depose the governments of two nations and engage in years- or decades-long occupations of each; the initiation of a new form of warfare via drones spanning thousands of miles of territory from Pakistan to Somalia to the Philippines; the formalization of a system of detention without charge and pervasive torture of accused militants; numerous smaller raids by special forces teams around the world; and major changes to air travel and border security in the US proper.

The “war on terror” is a purposely vague term. President Barack Obama famously rejected it in a 2013 speech — favoring instead “a series of persistent, targeted efforts to dismantle specific networks of violent extremists.”

But 9/11 signaled the beginning of a distinct policy regime from the one that preceded it, and a regime that exists in many forms to the present day, even with the US exit from Afghanistan.

Over the past 20 years, the costs of this new policy regime — costs in terms of lives lost, money spent, people and whole communities displaced, bodies tortured — have become clear. It behooves us, then, to try to answer a simple yet vast question: Was it worth it?

[Reply]
RodeoPants2 08:45 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
1-6-2021 is equal to 9-11-2001...do you even think before you post?

No part of my post said that, but we all know you’re illiterate anyway.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 08:48 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
How many buildings did they fly airplanes into and how many Americans died? I'm not familiar with the vital stats on this issue.

Obviously 9/11 is a bigger deal but it’s insane that you think retaliation against all Muslims is an appropriate response.

Does that include Americans? What about Americans who lost family members in the attacks?

Do you think Muslims should be allowed to be president?
[Reply]
listopencil 08:52 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Look at how stupid this thing is. Just point and laugh at it.
This poster may actually be Kamala Harris.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:58 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Brought to you by the Uniparty of the Bushes, Clintons, Obama and our current lame duck Biden.
Bush was even trashing Americans he didn't like at the 9/11 event. The nerve of that mass murderer. This is the problem with globalist politicians.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:24 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Bush was even trashing Americans he didn't like at the 9/11 event. The nerve of that mass murderer. This is the problem with globalist politicians.
It's not a problem, it's insight into their very souls so you know what to expect.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 03:27 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Obviously 9/11 is a bigger deal but it’s insane that you think retaliation against all Muslims is an appropriate response.
After 9-11, I was ready for us to make the Middle East glow in the dark. There are 2 kinds of Muslims, moderate and radical. A radical Muslim wants to cut your head off, a moderate Muslim wants a radical Muslim to cut your head off. I have no use for either variety.

Does that include Americans? What about Americans who lost family members in the attacks?

Again, there are 2 kinds of Muslims, moderate and radical. A radical Muslim wants to cut your head off, a moderate Muslim wants a radical Muslim to cut your head off.

I don't know what you mean by Americans who lost family members in the attacks.

Do you think Muslims should be allowed to be president?
Of the United States? HELL NO!!! But it's too late for that, we have already had one. Those terrorist we have in Congress are bad enough.

Let me speak clearly. I have zero use for a Muslim. You seen those Memes that say never forget 9-11? I will never forget 9-11. :-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:49 AM 09-13-2021
Of the United States? HELL NO!!! But it's too late for that, we have already had one. Those terrorist we have in Congress are bad enough.
A three-fer!

First, your opinion is anti-American and anti-US Constitution.

Second, people who think Obama is a Muslim have been a joke for years.

Third, the notion that all one billion Muslims in the world are either terrorists or terrorist sympathizers is incredibly ignorant.

However, I would be willing to compromise and support a ban on Muslims in the White House, as long we ban Christians along with them.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:23 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
This poster may actually be Kamala Harris.
There are probably less than 100 actual Kamala "fans" in the world.

Least popular vice-president since they have been measuring it in decades.

Fake, phony corporate whore.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 10:24 AM 09-13-2021
Someone no one heard if said something! Right cosmo??
[Reply]
Over Yonder 03:22 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
A three-fer!

First, your opinion is anti-American and anti-US Constitution.

Second, people who think Obama is a Muslim have been a joke for years.

Third, the notion that all one billion Muslims in the world are either terrorists or terrorist sympathizers is incredibly ignorant.

However, I would be willing to compromise and support a ban on Muslims in the White House, as long we ban Christians along with them.
Where did you read that I think the Muslim in the White House was Obama? I didn't put any names with that claim. Could it be you are jumping to conclusions or maybe you believe Obama was a Muslim? :-)

I would be ok with banning all religions from the White House but that would leave nobody on the planet to be President. Every man, woman, and child has a religion. I guess we will just have to stick to letting the one way airplane pilots continue being eligible for President.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:30 PM 09-13-2021
Where did you read that I think the Muslim in the White House was Obama? I didn't put any names with that claim. Could it be you are jumping to conclusions or maybe you believe Obama was a Muslim? :-)
If figured it was either Obama or Eisenhower, so I took a guess. :-)

I would be ok with banning all religions from the White House but that would leave nobody on the planet to be President. Every man, woman, and child has a religion.
I don't. Nothing remotely resembling a religion.

I guess we will just have to stick to letting the one way airplane pilots continue being eligible for President.
Continue? Only natural born US citizens are eligible for president.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:52 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
If figured it was either Obama or Eisenhower, so I took a guess. :-)

I don't. Nothing remotely resembling a religion.

Continue? Only natural born US citizens are eligible for president.
Yes you do. ALL men, women, and children have a religion. Whether it be Christianity, Islam, money, self, atheism, government, climate change, etc. etc. Everybody has an alter they worship at. There is no escaping it. Nobody can escape it. We are built that way.
[Reply]
banyon 05:54 PM 09-13-2021
Yes you do. ALL men, women, and children have a religion. Whether it be Christianity, Islam, money, self, atheism, government, climate change, etc. etc. Everybody has an alter they worship at. There is no escaping it. Nobody can escape it. We are built that way.
Have you not met an agnostic?
[Reply]
Over Yonder 06:12 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Have you not met an agnostic?
I have never met any living human that didn't worship at the alter of something. I guess I can't say everybody has a religion because I haven't met everybody obviously. But every person I have ever met has a religion whether they will admit it or not.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:23 PM 09-13-2021
Geez, that's stupid.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up