ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 238
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>The Afghanistan lesson
El Lobo Gordo 12:33 AM 08-13-2021
Afghanistan is showing us that secular humanist societies are doomed to fall because they do not orientate the members of that society toward something that is "good".

I am not saying that the Taliban are good. I am saying that religion motivates people toward a singular purpose while secular humanism invites eventual death and destruction. The more the free west abdanons it judeo/christian faith, the more likely it is to fall.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:08 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah so Trump made Biden do it...

:-)
That's .. clearly not what I'm saying. You brought up Trump so I am just pointing out that the only difference between Trump and Biden on this issue is that Trump would have given the Taliban a three month head start.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:19 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
****ing Afghanistan...look, it's been 20 years...we've been "training" these guys to take care of themselves and once we leave they fold like a cheap suit.

This sucks. I never had a good feeling about any of this Middle East involvement. Trump had it right. Obama said we'd leave too. Biden is making it happen, but IMO as stupidly as you possibly could do it. You can blame Bush, Obama, Trump whatever...but at the end of the day, you have to deal with the cards you were dealt...and in Biden's case, he had a lot to do with that deal...to end it like this is just stupid and embarrassing. He who has been involved in government for damn near 50 friggin years should know better.

Yes, get the **** out of there. But DON'T announce that shit! Make a plan, quietly, letting the Afghans know what you are doing and making sure they are good to go. Politics be damned, do the right thing and get out of there the right way. But NO...this ****stick drooling moron makes a big announcement and just does it. Why not just quietly draw down and leave, making sure that nobody really knows you are doing it? Oh...cuz you gotta get political points or something...

We are so screwed...
Whether we would have withdrawn in 2 days or two years, the same thing would have happened regardless. Itís sucks we wasted so much money, time and lives there for ultimately nothing.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:25 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Whether we would have withdrawn in 2 days or two years, the same thing would have happened regardless. Itís sucks we wasted so much money, time and lives there for ultimately nothing.
I agree it sucks. I just think there was a better way of doing it, but it would require humility and fortitude to do it in secret without political grandstanding...and we don't do that in America.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:00 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I agree it sucks. I just think there was a better way of doing it, but it would require humility and fortitude to do it in secret without political grandstanding...and we don't do that in America.
What should of happened is we destroy any building that is over 2 stories tall, steal some cultural treasures for our museums and then leave. Forget rebuilding or anything like that. Simply demolish the country and leave the rubble there.
[Reply]
eDave 10:14 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why didn't we just kill them all. Jesus tits. 20 years. Doing what? Training their military? Nice job there.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:29 PM 08-13-2021
My son served in Afganistan 2 years ago and lost friends and made friends. He feels like throwing up right now. Fucking disgraceful. He knows there had to be an exit at some time but at least have a strategy behind it........Anybody not feeling shame right now is a full blown turd.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:46 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
My son served in Afganistan 2 years ago and lost friends and made friends. He feels like throwing up right now. ****ing disgraceful. He knows there had to be an exit at some time but at least have a strategy behind it........Anybody not feeling shame right now is a full blown turd.
What would you do differently though?

Like.. there's no ending this well. Delaying just adds to the cost, in lives and money. Obviously another 6 months wasn't going to help afghani military hold off the taliban, so if staying longer doesn't help.. what else is there?
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 10:55 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
What would you do differently though?

Like.. there's no ending this well. Delaying just adds to the cost, in lives and money. Obviously another 6 months wasn't going to help afghani military hold off the taliban, so if staying longer doesn't help.. what else is there?
Before you can answer what would you do differently, you have to figure out why the Afghan government we installed and propped up utterly failed to stand on it own.
[Reply]
True North 11:14 PM 08-13-2021
Hopefully the lesson will be learned this time, stop fighting war profiteering ZOG conflicts. Trillions lost, an opiate crisis and lots of hurting veterans.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:47 PM 08-13-2021
Remember that one time...when McCain was seen with the leader of ISIS...before he was in costume?

[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:49 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Before you can answer what would you do differently, you have to figure out why the Afghan government we installed and propped up utterly failed to stand on it own.

Why? I didnít ask what should have been done differently over the last 20 years
[Reply]
Bump 12:14 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why didn't we just kill them all. Jesus tits. 20 years. Doing what? Training their military? Nice job there.
guarding poppy fields
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:33 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Why? I didn’t ask what should have been done differently over the last 20 years
Well you are on the stupid side. Everyone knew from the beginning that what ever government we installed in Afghanistan would need to eventually battle the Taliban for control of the country once we left. We installed one that wasn't up to that task. Do you want to know what we should have done different? Not pit a secular humanist corrupt government against a theocratic adversary.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 02:45 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Religion unites people. Secularism is cratering fertility rates. What do you think the world will look like in 500 years?
Does islam bring muslims together? :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 06:41 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
That's .. clearly not what I'm saying. You brought up Trump so I am just pointing out that the only difference between Trump and Biden on this issue is that Trump would have given the Taliban a three month head start.
Sure, sure....
[Reply]
Page 8 of 238
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up