ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Fantasy/CasinoPlanet>New CP Fantasy Football League?
Kellerfox 05:01 PM 07-04-2021
After a 10-15 year hiatus, I’ve been ramping back into fantasy the last 3 years. Last year I went all in thanks to COVID (more free time) and managed more teams than I care to admit. The thing is, most of those were public leagues on NFL/ESPN/Sleeper with rando’s. Fantasy is much more enjoyable / worth the competition when playing with people you “know.”

So… Would anyone else be interested in joining a new casual CP Fantasy league?

Setup:
League:

1. Kellerfox (joined on Yahoo = Keller’s Fighting Foxes)
2. Kccrow (joined = Crow’s Clam Clappers)
3. Tyecopeland (joined = TIH5TA3)
4. KurtCobain (joined = Kurt’s Bloodshed)
5. Burt (joined = burts beasts)
6. IowaHawkeyeChief (joined = Iowa Hawkeye Chiefs)
7. Otter (joined = Otter’s Marauders)
8. Dunerdr (joined = the flamin aids dumpster)
9. CableTech94 (joined = Cables’ AIDS Tree Fire)
10. Carlos3562 (joined = Carlos3562)

—————
11. Open/available
12. Open/available
—————


Note: Apologies if I’m stepping on any toes or am out of line - delete if so. I see that Doomy3 has a few CP cash leagues that started ~10 years ago… but I don’t see anything more recent or for a more casual experience (ie no cash - just bragging rights).
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:14 PM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
Also a quick scoring note:

I set field goals to fractional scoring. Under traditional scoring systems, a 10 yard field goal and a 19 yard field goal are both worth 1 point. Under fractional, the 19 yard field goal is worth 1.9 points. The scoring rate is the same across all distances, 1 yard = .1 points. So a 52 yard field goal is 5.2 points.

Everything else is set to default scoring - but reminder - this is a PPR league.
Are qbs 4 or 6 points per td? I only ask because were voting on it in another league im in.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 02:31 PM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Are qbs 4 or 6 points per td? I only ask because were voting on it in another league im in.
I'll be honest - I had changed passing TDs to 5 points this morning before changing it back to the default/standard 4 points. Given that I marketed this as a casual league, I didn't want to be changing things up from what people might be experiencing in other leagues.

The reason to change passing TDs from 4 points is that QB rushing TDs are 6 points, so the typical scoring system is inherently bias in favor of rushing QBs. That is why Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have each finished ahead of Mahomes in total fantasy points once in the last two years.

Given that the draft is in ~48 hours I am going to stick with 4 points since I don't think we have adequate time to debate it. Think it's best to stick with the typical scoring that everyone is familiar with.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:45 AM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
I'll be honest - I had changed passing TDs to 5 points this morning before changing it back to the default/standard 4 points. Given that I marketed this as a casual league, I didn't want to be changing things up from what people might be experiencing in other leagues.

The reason to change passing TDs from 4 points is that QB rushing TDs are 6 points, so the typical scoring system is inherently bias in favor of rushing QBs. That is why Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have each finished ahead of Mahomes in total fantasy points once in the last two years.

Given that the draft is in ~48 hours I am going to stick with 4 points since I don't think we have adequate time to debate it. Think it's best to stick with the typical scoring that everyone is familiar with.
No problem just asking! I am ready to draft gents and burt.
[Reply]
burt 08:13 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I am ready to draft gents and burt.
WTF!!!???









:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:31 AM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
WTF!!!???









:-):-):-)
Nothing personal your just cabletechs favorite poster over me per about page 3. So for us, this is war.
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:24 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Nothing personal your just cabletechs favorite poster over me per about page 3. So for us, this is war.
Yep!!

Also, you’re.

Hugs.
[Reply]
Otter 04:39 PM 08-28-2021
How do we find out the draft order or is it simply randomized at the start?
[Reply]
Kellerfox 04:53 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
How do we find out the draft order or is it simply randomized at the start?
The draft room should open 30 minutes prior to start - at that time Yahoo will randomly set the draft order. Not that I want to help anyone, but the Sleeper app/website has a really good mock draft tool where you can set the parameters and then run mock drafts against a computer. Within the 30 minute window after learning your draft position, it’s possible to run a few simulations on sleeper to get a feel for who will be available when. Note: sleepers rankings vary slightly from Yahoo’s.

Also… I’m very uncomfortable by the amount of burtosexuality taking place in this thread. I’d like to think of myself as progressive, but I’m just not ready this.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:32 PM 08-28-2021
The beat down of noobs begins soon.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:36 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
The beat down of noobs begins soon.
Looks like you hit the Dalvin Cook lottery (unless Crow shocks us all with the first overall pick).
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:51 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Yep!!

Also, you’re.

Hugs.
Ooof *falls down into the 3rd spot*
[Reply]
Otter 08:10 PM 08-28-2021
Fun night a nice little treat.

Sorry but I'm my 4th beer and not formatting.

QB R. WilsonSea - QB 9
WR K. AllenLAC - WR 7
WR J. JonesTen - WR 13
RB E. ElliottDal - RB 7
RB A. EkelerLAC - RB 7
TE T. HockensonDet - TE 9
W/R/T A. GibsonWas - RB 9
W/R/T O. Beckham Jr.Cle - WR 13
K T. BassBuf - K 7
DEF Baltimore 8
BN M. HardmanKC - WR 12
BN A. DillonGB - RB 13
BN D. MooreCar - WR 13
BN K. CousinsMin - QB 7
BN M. Pittman Jr.Ind - WR 14
BN K. GainwellPhi - RB 14
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:21 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Fun night a nice little treat.

Sorry but I'm my 4th beer and not formatting.

QB R. WilsonSea - QB 9
WR K. AllenLAC - WR 7
WR J. JonesTen - WR 13
RB E. ElliottDal - RB 7
RB A. EkelerLAC - RB 7
TE T. HockensonDet - TE 9
W/R/T A. GibsonWas - RB 9
W/R/T O. Beckham Jr.Cle - WR 13
K T. BassBuf - K 7
DEF Baltimore 8
BN M. HardmanKC - WR 12
BN A. DillonGB - RB 13
BN D. MooreCar - WR 13
BN K. CousinsMin - QB 7
BN M. Pittman Jr.Ind - WR 14
BN K. GainwellPhi - RB 14

1-13.

<3
[Reply]
Otter 08:25 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
1-13.

<3
"I'd bet on Logan but who would bet on you?"



[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:28 PM 08-28-2021
Qb: Herbert
RB:A. Jones
RB:CEH
WR:Justin Jefferson
WR:scary Terry
TE: Tonyan
Flx:M sanders
Flx:M Davis
Def:Pitt
k:Gay
Bn: D Samuel
Bn: Goladay
Bn: C Samuel
Bn: j Connor
Bn: d Parker
Bn: d Watson

Really happy with my starters, felt like I missed the run on tiers a lot after round 6 and I reached.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up