ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Governor Newsom recall petition gaining momentum
Pogue 11:41 PM 01-01-2021

The longtime strategist for Gray Davis says there's a 50/50 chance the Recall qualifies and is advising Newsom to set up a "war council" to smear anyone associated with it. We'll be ready.

— Kevin Kiley (@KevinKileyCA) December 28, 2020

[Reply]
Pogue 04:15 AM 01-06-2021

A Newport Beach-based effort to recall Gov. Gavin Newsom reached a milestone of one million signatures, organizers announced Tuesday. https://t.co/gSRbY3i5j8

— CBS Los Angeles (@CBSLA) January 6, 2021

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:58 AM 01-06-2021
So Gavin replaces a partly black women with a white man take her Senate seat.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:53 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pogue:
That's complete and fucking utter bullshit. Costco required masks immediately. The city of Burbank, which is its own city and separate from Los Angeles, required masks immediately.

This guy is a motherfucking liar and anyone that's lived in Los Angeles since March knows this to be true.

You people are so gullible that you'll believe ANYTHING if it's on the internet, as long as it goes along with your beliefs.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:59 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
people tend to forget party lines when their right to earn a living and pay for necessities such as food and shelter has been taken away.

Every store I go to in southern california has had people collecting signatures for several months now.

The average voter typically associates job/bank account status with their judgment of political leaders.
Man, I've been out at least a dozen times per month, whether it's Costco Burbank or Costco Los Feliz, Ralphs Studio City/Burbank/Hollywood & Western/Sunset, Target WeHo or the new store on Sunset/Western, Home Depot and on and on, and not once I have encountered anyone asking for signatures.

You're further south than me, right? Like South Bay? That would make sense since this effort began in Orange County but I'm just not seeing or hearing about it up here.

That said, fuck him. If he's recalled, it's his own goddamn fault for being a hypocrite. But I seriously doubt anything would change with a new governor because they're just all the same.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:10 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Man, I've been out at least a dozen times per month, whether it's Costco Burbank or Costco Los Feliz, Ralphs Studio City/Burbank/Hollywood & Western/Sunset, Target WeHo or the new store on Sunset/Western, Home Depot and on and on, and not once I have encountered anyone asking for signatures.

You're further south than me, right? Like South Bay? That would make sense since this effort began in Orange County but I'm just not seeing or hearing about it up here.

That said, **** him. If he's recalled, it's his own goddamn fault for being a hypocrite. But I seriously doubt anything would change with a new governor because they're just all the same.
I'm in North County San Diego.

See the petition requests at Targets, Wal Marts, Ralphs, Vons, etc. etc.

North County San Diego is a bit more red than other areas though, but again, you're absolutely right - his hypocrisy didnt help a bit.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:12 PM 01-06-2021
That's complete and ****ing utter bullshit. Costco required masks immediately. The city of Burbank, which is its own city and separate from Los Angeles, required masks immediately.

This guy is a mother****ing liar and anyone that's lived in Los Angeles since March knows this to be true.

You people are so gullible that you'll believe ANYTHING if it's on the internet, as long as it goes along with your beliefs.
Yep - and Costco was one of the first establishments I can remember that limited the number of people they could have inside at any one point in time.
[Reply]
Detoxing 01:13 PM 01-06-2021

Born and raised in O'side, here.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:16 PM 01-06-2021

See the petition requests at Targets, Wal Marts, Ralphs, Vons, etc. etc.

North County San Diego is a bit more red than other areas though, but again, you're absolutely right - his hypocrisy didnt help a bit.
Oh, that's cool! My best friend, whom I moved from KC to LA back in 1993, lives in Carlsbad. I love the Village!

But yeah, SD county is definitely more conservative than LA county but I don't think it's quite as conservative as Orange County.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:18 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Born and raised in O'side, here.
My buddy lives off the 78 and College. Do you live nearby?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:18 PM 01-06-2021
I can't help but wonder who will be installed should the recall actually work? I doubt that the next individual would be much different than what you have now....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:22 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I can't help but wonder who will be installed should the recall actually work? I doubt that the next individual would be much different than what you have now....
It won't be any different at all.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.
[Reply]
Detoxing 01:30 PM 01-06-2021
My buddy lives off the 78 and College. Do you live nearby?
Not anymore. Moved to Downtown SD years ago. My mom is buried near there, i certainly know the area. Cool to have some geography in common.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:32 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Not anymore. Moved to Downtown SD years ago. My mom is buried near there, i certainly know the area.
Nice! One of these days, I'm going to make it down for a Padres game.
[Reply]
Pogue 02:08 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I donít know if Newsom would be recalled but itís shining a light on his disastrous decision making. If he is recalled, there cannot be a Schwarzenegger that steps in as the replacement.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:41 AM 01-07-2021
people tend to forget party lines when their right to earn a living and pay for necessities such as food and shelter has been taken away.

Every store I go to in southern california has had people collecting signatures for several months now.

The average voter typically associates job/bank account status with their judgment of political leaders.
I saw one group under an easy up on the Strand in Hermosa Beach a couple of times. Havenít seen any at any grocery stores.

I get that people are mad, frustrated. Its natural. Maybe its more than necessary. Iím not really qualified to contradict the experts in that regard.

Its a fucked up situation. People are mad after towns are burned down in wildfires, cities flooded in hurricanes. Its beyond anyoneís ability to prevent completely. Not an easy job being a local political leader during a situation like this.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up