ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
The Gonzo Lounge>Josh Gordon Suspended AGAIN
Marcellus 03:23 PM 12-16-2019
Link to come.

BR says PED's and substance abuse violations.


Originally Posted by :
NFL Suspends Josh Gordon 🚨
B/R Gridiron
@brgridiron
Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL’s PED and substance abuse policies. https://t.co/HvP8AWuVK0

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Here's the bottom line: He isn't what he used to be. He's in fact a lot less than what he was at his best. Don't think he'd be very useful here.
Might not be.

But Julio Jones at 30 yrs old was still one of the best WRs in football despite years of miles on the odometer and heavy use. Josh Gordon in his prime was as close as the league has had to Julio Jones in terms of physical tools. He was a damn freak.

You really don't think it's worth a phonecall to see if time away has left a little more tread on his tires?

I'd just like to give the idea a chance to fail before I predetermine that it will.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:00 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Seems like the Chiefs coaches and GM would respect the work the guys they have already have done to get ready for the season.

It's like chiefs planet has no idea how to build a culture.
For me it's more that I trust the culture the coaches and players have built. It is strong enough to give someone a chance and flush him immediately if he's a problem.

The last time he played, he averaged 16 YPC. That was two years ago, but he isn't ancient.

It's worth exploring, to me.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:03 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Might not be.

But Julio Jones at 30 yrs old was still one of the best WRs in football despite years of miles on the odometer and heavy use. Josh Gordon in his prime was as close as the league has had to Julio Jones in terms of physical tools. He was a damn freak.

You really don't think it's worth a phonecall to see if time away has left a little more tread on his tires?

I'd just like to give the idea a chance to fail before I predetermine that it will.
While I agree that Gordon was once a freakish physical talent, I was not impressed with him in either of his last two landing spots. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's probably washed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:05 PM 09-14-2021
Just plain no, he isn’t the answer… we’re simply not that desperate
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 04:05 PM 09-14-2021
It seems like he has been well liked with all of the teams he has played for... so it's not an issue of him being a bad team mate or locker room cancer.

It is a very low risk acquisition if the Chiefs decided to go that route.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
While I agree that Gordon was once a freakish physical talent, I was not impressed with him in either of his last two landing spots. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's probably washed.
I honestly have no recollection of his time in Seattle but I thought he still looked effective while with NE.

No, not the gamebreaker he once appeared to be, but as a possession receiver I think he still looked solid.

Might be done - most guys don't age gracefully, they just go over the horizon and suck altogether. He might have reached that point. I'd still be curious to find out because guys that are anything like who he was at 22-23 are rare and tend to be the sort of guys who just age a bit differently.

I'd be reluctant to assign an ordinary aging curve to a unicorn, that's all.
[Reply]
Superturtle 04:08 PM 09-14-2021
Even a unicorn that's hooked on booze and pot?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:11 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Even a unicorn that's hooked on booze and pot?
NFL seems to think he's kicked it.

And I'd be awwwwwfully slow to give a rip about pot. I'd be floored if half the league wasn't on the stuff. I think his big issues is just being too drunk too often to manage the pot like your ordinary players do.

You really think the dude's gonna show up with red eyes and a beer belly? We're operating under the presumption that his reinstatement was conditional upon him NOT being an alcoholic pot-head anymore.
[Reply]
Superturtle 04:14 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
NFL seems to think he's kicked it.

And I'd be awwwwwfully slow to give a rip about pot. I'd be floored if half the league wasn't on the stuff. I think his big issues is just being too drunk too often to manage the pot like your ordinary players do.

You really think the dude's gonna show up with red eyes and a beer belly? We're operating under the presumption that his reinstatement was conditional upon him NOT being an alcoholic pot-head anymore.
No, but I doubt he's anywhere near his physical peak. Doesn't have the wear and tear but those physical tools have probably dulled and rusted over with how little he's used them.
[Reply]
Superturtle 04:16 PM 09-14-2021
I'm totally cool with bringing him in, BTW. Wouldn't be shocked at all if Reid wants to steer clear of another dude with substance abuse problems, though.
[Reply]
jettio 04:17 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
For me it's more that I trust the culture the coaches and players have built. It is strong enough to give someone a chance and flush him immediately if he's a problem.

The last time he played, he averaged 16 YPC. That was two years ago, but he isn't ancient.

It's worth exploring, to me.
I think Chiefs like who they have. I could see them bringing back Antonio Callaway if his bone bruise heals and league rules allow it.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:18 PM 09-14-2021
Only risk I see is PR fallout from the Britt Reid thing since he drank at the office:

"Does KC have a toxic culture that fosters booze, domestic violence & drugs? Let's go back to Jovan Belcher, then Tyreek, then Frank, then Britt, and now Josh Gordon..." from someone trying to climb the ladder like Brooke Fatty.

So, if that's not an issue for them, then **** it, let's see what he's got in the tank - it's likely more talent than Fountain. If he's a distraction or has shitty work ethic, cut him at no loss to us.
[Reply]
Superturtle 04:19 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
I think Chiefs like who they have. I could see them bringing back Antonio Callaway if his bone bruise heals and league rules allow it.
Not so sure about that. Seems like this staff has had about all they can handle of Robinson and his antics after the catch.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:21 PM 09-14-2021
I don't care one way or another, and yes its the Raiders, but there were 2 recovering addicts making plays for them last night. One starting recovery as of March last year.

I'm assuming he'll get some tire kick calls and likely another chance somewhere.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:22 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
While I agree that Gordon was once a freakish physical talent, I was not impressed with him in either of his last two landing spots. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's probably washed.

He averaged 16 YPC at those two spots in 2019.

He may not be the freak he once was, but he still had plenty left then.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up