ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 324
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
BWillie 12:48 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hollywood Brown? Small, below-average hands, inconsistent ball security, alligator arms over the middle.
While I dont think hes good hes the type of receiver that Andy typically likes vs the D Hop or Metcalf role.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:52 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
While I dont think hes good hes the type of receiver that Andy typically likes vs the D Hop or Metcalf role.
He's the exact opposite of what we want in a FA WR. We have small, speedy/quick, injury-prone, inconsistent performing WRs. And one bigger one in MVS.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:53 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No, I would not. See? You're not even paying attention. I've said Juju is easily replaceable, that while he's a dependable professional, there's nothing that can't be improved upon by the kids we've invested in. And you've absolutely been calling them leftovers.
You’ve said before a wr1 would be regressive. That mahomes would get tunnel vision. We’ve heard the narrative many times before from others that we’re better off without tyreek. Or the #1 offense stats to suggest there isn’t much ceiling left. That’s the narrative I’m pushing back against.

Yes, they are leftovers. They are the second wave guys we go after after we’ve used our blue chip resources elsewhere. The kind of leftovers that landed us guys like Snead and trey smith. It doesn’t mean they’re JAG. But we intentionally are using lower % plays and trying to throw lots of guys in the mix in the hope that one can stick. Which is fine but it’s also why my ideal play is to get someone stable in because the initial WR room may be messy at first and there’s a decent chance we placed the wrong bets in a few areas. I don’t think it’ll be nearly as clean as people want it to be.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t believe this. Maybe in weak WR classes but not overall. 2019 is the best data to point to it but that was 1 year.

If this is in reference to us getting as good of a hit rate in rd 2 on WR’s then it’s way off
Believe whatever you want, but the difference is not all that significant.

1st round WRs are more likely to hit big, but they're also more likely to bust hard.

The biggest difference between 1st and 2nd round WRs is in year one, but once you go into year 2 and beyond, there's really not a significant difference.

That isn't to say that there's no difference whatsoever, but it's not significant, and not nearly as significant as zilla is making it out to be.

If you're regularly taking WRs in the 2nd, you're doing just fine in terms of investment.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:58 PM 06-04-2023
And let's be real, the Chiefs haven't had a legit shot at a WR with a 1st round grade where they're picking. Virtually any WR they would've drafted in the 1st round would have an early 2nd round grade.

Just further proof how dumb zilla's bitching is.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:01 PM 06-04-2023
He's the exact opposite of what we want in a FA WR. We have small, speedy/quick, injury-prone, inconsistent performing WRs. And one bigger one in MVS.
Dont disagree with you there. Would be nice to have a big, physical WR. Juju really could fill alot of boxes. I think he was an underrated player here.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:05 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Why are so many fans so confident we will win the Super Bowl. We really weren’t any better than Cincinnati or Philadelphia last year and we won both those games mainly or at least partly by luck. Everybody has to admit that. And that’s OK. Luck as always part of the game.

It’s pretty obvious that Both Philadelphia and Cincinnati have improved more than the Chiefs this year. And if San Francisco finally has even a semi competent quarterback that can survive, they join the teams that are just as good if not better than the Chiefs.

We are still in the hunt. We are definitely good enough for that. And hopefully we will be lucky again.

I am too new to this board to be able to start threads, but I really would like to see a thread about why people think the Chiefs are going to be better than the Eagles, the Bengals and the 49ers. Not saying we won’t be competitive. But I am saying this overstated confidence is not warranted.

Hope there’s some discussion on this. It would be good if somebody who is able to could start a thread on that topic. Like I said, I can’t. And it really doesn’t belong in this discussion about Hopkins.
Smells like a turd
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:06 PM 06-04-2023
Why are so many fans so confident we will win the Super Bowl. We really weren’t any better than Cincinnati or Philadelphia last year and we won both those games mainly or at least partly by luck. Everybody has to admit that. And that’s OK. Luck as always part of the game.

It’s pretty obvious that Both Philadelphia and Cincinnati have improved more than the Chiefs this year. And if San Francisco finally has even a semi competent quarterback that can survive, they join the teams that are just as good if not better than the Chiefs.

We are still in the hunt. We are definitely good enough for that. And hopefully we will be lucky again.

I am too new to this board to be able to start threads, but I really would like to see a thread about why people think the Chiefs are going to be better than the Eagles, the Bengals and the 49ers. Not saying we won’t be competitive. But I am saying this overstated confidence is not warranted.

Hope there’s some discussion on this. It would be good if somebody who is able to could start a thread on that topic. Like I said, I can’t. And it really doesn’t belong in this discussion about Hopkins.
The Chiefs are the defending champion and have the best player in the game. If you can't be confident now, when can you be? I don't think anyone (at least in a serious fashion) is guaranteeing a Super Bowl win, but many think (rightfully so) that we have an outstanding chance to get back there and win again.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:07 PM 06-04-2023
(266 moar posts)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:13 PM 06-04-2023

:-)

Welcome to the board, dumbass!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:15 PM 06-04-2023
Hollywood Brown? Small, below-average hands, inconsistent ball security, alligator arms over the middle.
You forgot explosive playmaker that separates from NFL corners.

He would be deadly with Mahomes.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:22 PM 06-04-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Believe whatever you want, but the difference is not all that significant.

1st round WRs are more likely to hit big, but they're also more likely to bust hard.

The biggest difference between 1st and 2nd round WRs is in year one, but once you go into year 2 and beyond, there's really not a significant difference.

That isn't to say that there's no difference whatsoever, but it's not significant, and not nearly as significant as zilla is making it out to be.

If you're regularly taking WRs in the 2nd, you're doing just fine in terms of investment.
I’m fine with them taking a 2nd rd swing on a couple guys. I just think the 1st rd is a lot more of a lock if you’re looking for one.

Chase, D Smith, Waddle, Wilson, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Williams, Dotson, Toney, Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, etc.

Also think Riddley and Riggs were very good WR’s but made terrible career altering personal decisions.

Seems like recent history suggests the top 35 or so picks is the best place to look for prime talent there.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:27 PM 06-04-2023
262 posts to go!
[Reply]
In58men 01:28 PM 06-04-2023
Wrong 261
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:41 PM 06-04-2023
We can do it
[Reply]
Page 116 of 324
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »