Kano steals the show, fucking awesome iteration
[Reply]
BWillie 02:34 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Kano steals the show, ****ing awesome iteration
He was a fucking douchebag.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:13 AM 04-24-2021
I thought it lacked the charm of the original but I was still entertained. As you'd expect, there was some clunky dialogue, a convoluted story, and the low budget really took some bite out of the costume design and fight choreography. That said, Kano stole the show and the fatalities were pretty awesome.

Also, the idea of the dragon mark and arcana was a fresh take. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I definitely didn't hate it, I know that much. I am a little confused as to what Cole's arcana was supposed to be, though..

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 08:08 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I thought it lacked the charm of the original but I was still entertained. As you'd expect, there was some clunky dialogue, a convoluted story, and the low budget really took some bite out of the costume design and fight choreography. That said, Kano stole the show and the fatalities were pretty awesome.

Also, the idea of the dragon mark and arcana was a fresh take. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I definitely didn't hate it, I know that much. I am a little confused as to what Cole's arcana was supposed to be, though..

Spoiler!
Yeah, pretty good points.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:34 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Was pretty disappointing to see Liu Kang use his powers as a spaceheater about as many times as he actually shoots any fireballs. The fire dragon was cool though. [/SPOILER]
:-) Damn, that's no shit right there.

But yeah, the dragon was cool.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:42 AM 04-24-2021
Watched with super low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. Fight scenes were fantastic (but JFC it's way too dark, turn you TV brightness up a million), and Kano definitely helped make the crappy plot moving scenes more bearable,
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:19 AM 04-24-2021
Looks like im in the minority on this one. This is hot garbage IMO. Whoever wrote this, and people like them are the reason you cant get good movies based on videogames.

What's that? I have a metric shit ton of well established, fan favorite characters to draw from?

Nah pimpin. Im good. Im going to pull the most boring, basic, b fighting movie cookie cutter character out of my ass and insert him as the main character.

Now you would think that if one were to insert an all new character in place of all of the others, that new character should be good, right? Even so cool to the point that fans want this guy in the new games that come out.

Unfortunately, that did not happen. Cole Young is ****ing boring. I dont give a shit about him. His "ability" isn't even explained and best i can tell its a combo ripoff of Colossus from Xmen and Black Panther. And the way he learns his ability is the most vile, unearned slap in the face of the whole film.

Spoiler!

I checked out at this point. I know theyre setting up for more, but I just dont care. When you relegate big names like Liu Kang and Kung Lao to little throwaway support characters, you better know what youre doing.

The film borders on false advertisement, as the hype is all for Sub Zero and Scorpion, and there's probably 5-7 minutes of that in total, and thats basicly the best parts of the story.

Visually there's some good stuff and callbacks to the game, but the story is just abysmal. Not even the Johnny Cage tease at the end interests me, because like the rest, he will be a throwaway background character.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:43 PM 04-24-2021
Yeah Goro being killed like that is absolute bullshit. I would’ve had more respect if they threw us a curve ball and had goro killed all of them right then and there.. now that would’ve been epic and unexpected and great story telling.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:49 PM 04-24-2021
My only issue was the whole Goro thing. I don’t think he should have been in this movie at all. Save him for later.

Shang Tsung should have sent someone shitty to go kill Cole. Let him defeat someone lesser.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:36 PM 04-24-2021
Scorpion yelling “GET OVER HERE!” put a smile on my face though.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:11 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
IMO, they should've used Ed Boon's original voice over
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:59 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Lol. Guy who speaks Japanese, fighting his sworn enemy who speaks Chinese, yells Get Over Here, in English.

Yes.
[Reply]
Otter 10:28 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Lol. Guy who speaks Japanese, fighting his sworn enemy who speaks Chinese, yells Get Over Here, in English.

Yes.
You must accept the cheese factor in MK.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:20 PM 04-24-2021
They should have named it: Mortal Kombat Undercard
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:02 AM 04-25-2021
Somehow a movie chock full of cringe fan-service did not give the fans what they wanted. Trash ass movie. Just watch the original.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up