ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 295
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kccrow 08:50 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
CEH ankle is probably bothering him more than weve been lead to believe
It must be affecting his vision. o.0
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:11 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
So our starting running back is a smallish, slow guy, w/limited vision, and not much power?

Umm ... :-)
But at least he can't pass block.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 09-14-2021, 02:42 AM
This message has been deleted by DTVietnam.
Rasputin 03:54 AM 09-14-2021
CEH is going a buck fifty on the Ravens and you can quoth me on that
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:55 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
and a couple touchdowns
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:25 AM 09-14-2021
I think it's a bit of not being entirely comfortable with the new OL yet is all. Last year, there were few actual holes to run through and it got worse as the year and injuries went on. Now it's all different guys and I'm sure it feels different.

I expect he'll get comfortable and better game by game.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:27 AM 09-14-2021
Perhaps everyone raising concerns of CEH is dead wrong?
[Reply]
srvy 07:46 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Why is he even flat-footed there? What is he seeing that's causing him to hesitate?

He's got nothing but daylight to his left. Three defenders in front of him but three hats on them. That's a win all day. 90% of starting backs in this league take that for at least 5-6 yards.

He should be in stride, full steam ahead.
Could be as simple as a year seeing the speed of the NFL he isn't confident in his acceleration to cut and get around the corner.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:51 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Could be as simple as a year seeing the speed of the NFL he isn't confident in his acceleration to cut and get around the corner.
I think he's pressing the LOS to get the LB (or is that a safety?) to commit.

It was a staple move when he was at LSU. The play would be designed as something of an RB option and he'd press the line to make the LB think he was going to go middle. Then he'd bounce it outside after the LB committed and either the LB would get stuck in the wash or his angle would be so steep that he'd get sealed off by a blocker getting to the 2nd level.

If you make your cut too soon, the LB can read the cut and get downhill to snuff it out. I think he's trying to do something of a press/jump hop and maybe he's just not confident enough in that ankle to really give it a hard bounce so he quit on the move halfway through.

He's better than this. We know he is. Something's not right and it's just really hard to say what it is.

The concern, though, is while I'm confident he's better than he is right now - I don't know just how much better. He might be mediocre even when he's healthy. I just haven't seen much from him to get excited about in quite some time.
[Reply]
TEX 09:01 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think he's pressing the LOS to get the LB (or is that a safety?) to commit.

It was a staple move when he was at LSU. The play would be designed as something of an RB option and he'd press the line to make the LB think he was going to go middle. Then he'd bounce it outside after the LB committed and either the LB would get stuck in the wash or his angle would be so steep that he'd get sealed off by a blocker getting to the 2nd level.

If you make your cut too soon, the LB can read the cut and get downhill to snuff it out. I think he's trying to do something of a press/jump hop and maybe he's just not confident enough in that ankle to really give it a hard bounce so he quit on the move halfway through.

He's better than this. We know he is. Something's not right and it's just really hard to say what it is.

The concern, though, is while I'm confident he's better than he is right now - I don't know just how much better. He might be mediocre even when he's healthy. I just haven't seen much from him to get excited about in quite some time.
I just think he was a good college RB. He's too small and slow to have the same kind of success in the NFL. He'll have a good game every now and then, but he's not going to be the consistent threat the Chiefs need to take the offense to the next level.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:03 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I just think he was a good college RB. He's too small and slow to have the same kind of success in the NFL. He'll have a good game every now and then, but he's not going to be the consistent threat the Chiefs need to take the offense to the next level.
I hope this isn’t the case, but to have success without having good speed or size, you need great agility and vision.
[Reply]
TEX 09:20 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I hope this isn’t the case, but to have success without having good speed or size, you need great agility and vision.
Yep. And that seems to also be lacking at this level. Just think how much more potent this KC offense could be with a legit every down RB.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:28 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
He absolutely has great agility, and his vision was fine to good up until this year.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:37 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Only if you multiply his actual rushing yards by 3.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:11 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did he do anything there that McKinnon couldn't, though?

He just leaked out, caught a simple swing pass and ran to the boundary. It was easy money.

Yes, it's how I'd like to see him utilized more, but it's also nothing that can establish him as a genuine asset any more than some street FA backup RB like McKinnon could be. And they still don't seem to trust him much in pass pro so he's coming out on some of the 3rd down plays where that kind of skill can be used more frequently.
This is a good point. It looked like McKinnon was substantially better in the preseason. Much quicker with better vision.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:21 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Only if you multiply his actual rushing yards by 3.

I was thinking more along the line of multiplying by 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 162 of 295
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Up