ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mid to late RBs targets
kcbubb 04:10 PM 03-06-2022
I’ve got one late round back that I’m intrigued with so far, Tiyon Evans. I’d love to get him in the 7th. He’s 5’9” and 225 lbs and can fly. He needs to get a little momentum to get going but he’s got a crazy 2nd gear for his size. He’s built solid, shredded with a thick lower body. He’s more of a one cut runner but he can push the pile and lower his shoulder for contact. He transferred from TN and played for Louisville.

I thought this was interesting. Tiyon had one of the worst 10 yard splits at 1.61. Jahmyr Gibbs and Bijan Robinson both had splits of 1.52 but his time from 10-40 was really good for that weight and size. Here’s a comparison for times from 10-40 and their 40 second and mph last.

Gibbs 2.84 4.36 22.8
Tiyon 2.91 4.52 21?
Bijan 2.94 4.46 21.6

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mf6uc892p7Y

#CFB's Top 5 Fastest Ball Carriers from Week 10

4️⃣ UL RB Tiyon Evans (@darealballer_15) 21.0 mph@LouisvilleFB | #GoCards pic.twitter.com/BJOIcUOtl3

— Reel Analytics (@RAanalytics) November 8, 2022

TIYON EVANS
COLLEGE Louisville

HEIGHT 5’ 9 1/2’’
WEIGHT 225 lbs
ARM 30 3/8’’
HAND 8 1/2’’

Combine Results
40-Yard Dash 4.52 Seconds
10-Yard Split 1.61 Seconds
Vertical Jump 30.5’’

I like the bigger backs but these guys have some burst.

Dameon Pierce in the 4th

COLLEGE Florida

HEIGHT 5' 10"
WEIGHT 218 lbs
ARMS 30 3/4"

HANDS 9 3/8"

40 Yard Dash 4.59
Bench Press 21
Vertical Jump 34.5
Broad Jump119

Pierce play the game like a coiled spring ready to explode on each snap. He's an urgent runner with twitchy downfield burst, tackle-breaking leg drive and outstanding balance through contact. He reads and reacts to block development quickly and creates additional yardage with both power and subtle shiftiness. Pierce was highly productive (16 total touchdowns) in 2021 despite an embarrassingly low usage rate by the coaching staff. He has plenty of tread left on the tires and fits into any run-blocking scheme as a quality future starter or member of a RB tandem.

https://youtu.be/r18YtdttP2c

Brian Robinson in the 5th if we acquire one

COLLEGE Alabama

HEIGHT 6' 2"
WEIGHT 225 lbs
ARMS 31 7/8"
HANDS 9 3/4"

40 Yard Dash 4.53
Vertical Jump 30
Broad Jump 119

Robinson is an absolute physical unit with good feet and power to add yards after contact, but his running style is predictable and somewhat indecisive between the tackles. Building and maintaining momentum doesn't always come easily. He's more fight than flight, but delays in processing and a lack of second-level creativity turn him into more of a road-grader than he needs to be. He is a linear runner who is likely to be utilized as a complementary bulldozer to help wear down defenses, but Robinson might have more potential from sideline to sideline than he receives credit for.

https://youtu.be/iuHLDYw9WaY

Keaontay Ingram 6th or 7th

COLLEGE USC transfer from TX

HEIGHT 6' 0"
WEIGHT 221 lbs
ARMS 31 1/2"
HANDS 9"

40 Yard Dash 4.53
Vertical Jump 34.5
Broad Jump122

* Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
* Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
* Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
* Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
* Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens.
* Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
* Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
* Has good vision to find the hole and get North-South. Gets good initial push and always seems to be falling forward for a positive gain. A hard runner with a workhorse-type back mentality.

https://youtu.be/CCBVBnUCL2Q

Isaih Pacheco 6th or 7th

Rutgers

HEIGHT 5' 10"
WEIGHT 216 lbs
ARMS 30 1/2"
HANDS 9 1/4"

40 Yard Dash 4.37
Vertical Jump 33
Broad Jump118

Hard-charging, high-energy runner with three-down size and potential to compete for a roster spot as a late-round selection. Pacheco plays the game like a race car with no brakes. His feet never stop moving and his furious tempo creates opportunities but also limits his ability to set up defenders and force missed tackles. He processes the front fairly quickly and has the agility to re-adjust his running lanes to create something out of nothing, but he also has a tendency to bounce runs wide too frequently. Pacheco plays the game with an NFL demeanor and could give himself an even better chance of becoming an RB2/3 if he can step up his pass protection and third down value.

https://youtu.be/n1M6dhrTJd8

KEVIN HARRIS 6th or 7th
SOUTH CAROLINA
RB

HEIGHT 5' 10"
WEIGHT 221 lbs
ARMS 31 1/4"
HANDS 9 1/4"

Bench Press21
Vertical Jump38.5
Broad Jump126

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
NFL Comparison
Carlos Hyde
Overview
Big, bruising runner with good vision and the self-awareness to understand that power running is what will butter his bread. His 2021 productivity fell off from 2020, due in part to health issues, shared carries and average South Carolina run blocking. He creates for himself with contact and tackle-breaking talent, but typically drops and finishes against an open-field tackler rather than avoiding him. He's a chain mover with excellent ball security as a battering ram inside. He will be limited as an outside runner and needs to come off the field on passing downs. Harris has talent and his impressive 2020 was no mirage. He's a good Day 3 option for teams looking to upgrade their power.

https://youtu.be/4JHFK3byucE
Attached: 102248D8-6E8E-4293-A1B0-D5F1B2A5A438.jpeg (19.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:30 AM 04-08-2023
Yeah, I just don't see the value in a first round RB. Pacheco is and should RB1. And you've got TWO slot WR's right now. So where's the kid going to play? And if we're saying that he's replacing some combination of Pacheco/Moore/James then how much more production are you going to get than the other guys? Is THAT worth the #1 draft capital?

I just don't see it.

Would I take a kid with that skill-set later in the draft? Sure, absolutely-and I'd bet KC WILL take one later in the draft to be RB2.

But with the need for a true WR with plus potential, need for DT as well as the always present need for pass rushers, I just don't see it being good value.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:02 AM 04-08-2023
I agree with both sides on Gibbs here. He could be dynamic Alvin kamara or little mac kind of player in KC. I also agree that investing a 1st round pick in a rb is not good value. I’d feel more comfortable taking Gibbs at around pick 40 if we were to trade back. This is a great draft to move back in. I’d love to have multiple picks in the 2nd. Guys like Anton Harrison, adebawore, Foskey, wrs at Perry, Mingo, te’s Musgrave and La porta, dts bryan breeze and mazi…. All these guys probably go in the 2nd round. I’d love to pick up 3 of these guys in the 2nd. Great value in the 2nd round this year with traits based prospects.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:12 AM 04-08-2023
Please please please get Keaton Mitchell. He’s so perfect for this offense
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:37 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not quite perfect, but that is neither here nor there. I do like the little fella. I do think there are concerns about his size that seems to affect him after contact. His lack of ability in pass protection or run blocking will be major concerns against NFL DL and LB's. But his size, or lack thereof is going to be an issue.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:38 PM 04-08-2023
Any interest in Jordan Mims as a 7th rounder?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:33 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I'm in.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:43 PM 04-08-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Any interest in Jordan Mims as a 7th rounder?
Gonna put this out there from nfldraftbuzz. Does he fit the scheme?
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...RB-FresnoState

Originally Posted by :
SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
His passing game skills are strong. He’s a natural hands catcher who turns upfield quickly in the screen game, and Mims shows a great feel for setting up wheel routes.

Mims finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.

Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.

He shows good vision and good explosion upfield once he plants his foot. Mims has lateral movement skills and enough speed to threaten big plays. He’s excellent in the passing game, capable of flexing out as a receiver and creating mismatches against linebackers, and he’s a solid back in the screen game.

Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
Originally Posted by :
SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
Mims sometimes get too upright and fails to run behind his pads.

He doesn’t offer a ton of wiggle, and in college, Mims often sought out contact rather than avoiding it.

Mims tends to get too upright at times, sacrificing power.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:54 PM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Gonna put this out there from nfldraftbuzz. Does he fit the scheme?
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...RB-FresnoState
Well, any opinions? Fit the scheme? Worth a look?

[Reply]
kozzman555 07:34 PM 04-09-2023
Jordan Mims seems like UDFA/Training Camp material to me. Seemed like he was hitting the holes he was supposed to, occasionally bounced it outside or reversed field to get some yards, but I didn't see anything special. I'd rather have Evan Hull tbh
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:51 AM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Jordan Mims seems like UDFA/Training Camp material to me. Seemed like he was hitting the holes he was supposed to, occasionally bounced it outside or reversed field to get some yards, but I didn't see anything special. I'd rather have Evan Hull tbh
I agree that he is a day 3/UDFA guy. Just like 95% of the 7th rounders the reason you draft the player there is to secure the rights so they don't hit the UDFA market.

I'm more looking at scheme fit. Which IMO Mims skillset fits nicely. If you look back at McKinnon when he came out they both do a lot of the same good and a lot of the same bad. I would like to see Mims add a few more pounds and be a tick faster but he would be a 7th rounder at most anyway.

Hull's biggest knock within the scheme is his poor showings in pass protection. I wonder how much the organization would hold that against him.
[Reply]
O.city 11:03 AM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
It’s not that

The position is devalued, more specifically for KC since CEH has essentially been a bust. Given needs elsewhere, no way KC touches RB in round 1 unless Bijan Robinson is sitting there. They’ve been burned once.
Gibbs projects to be a great player, but is not worth that investment.
If he's a Jamall Charles type player, fuck, why not take him at 31.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:21 PM 04-10-2023
Mims isn't fast or quick enough for his size for me.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:04 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Mims isn't fast or quick enough for his size for me.
Mims and Hyatt are extremely similar prospects to be honest.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:07 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Mims and Hyatt are extremely similar prospects to be honest.
Jordan Mims. He was asking about the RB out of Fresno State.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:10 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Jordan Mims. He was asking about the RB out of Fresno State.
Ah

I kind of assume the Chiefs like McIntosh out of Georgia, he's basically a perfect replacement for the McKinnon role.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up