View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 98 of 343
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:39 PM 07-14-2022
About 14 and half hours for something to be decided.

I'd like to secure our LT spot for years to come so we can upgrade other positions of need but he isn't worth his asking price. I just assume he keeps the tag as long as he is ready and starts day one. Either he gets a deal done or not Bank Vault knows what he is doing in all this and he has my support.
[Reply]
TLO 05:58 AM 07-15-2022
Is that fat fucking t-rex going to sign or what?
[Reply]
PHOG 06:26 AM 07-15-2022
7+ hours to go. Coming right down to the wire, unless everybody concerned has thrown in the towel and said go ahead and play on the tag then.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:26 AM 07-15-2022
Wen Deadline? 3:00?
[Reply]
PHOG 06:28 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Wen Deadline? 3:00?
Yes
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:01 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
No, that is called not caving in. I think OBJ could end up being a victim of his own demise. If he does not get a deal done with the Chiefs, I cannot see another team offering him the moon and stars based on only 1 year at the position and not even considered a top LT! He is ranked 23 which is VERY low. He needs to realize this and work his way up into a tier that is admirable/worthy of that kind of compensation talk.

Check this...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-of...rankings-tiers

TIER 7: GOOD STARTERS
21. Dion Dawkins, Buffalo Bills
Dawkins has been one of the steadier starting left tackles in the league over his five years as a starter in Buffalo. He’s earned a PFF pass-protection grade above 75.0 in all five seasons and has been the 14th-most valuable tackle in the league since 2020, per PFF WAR. That reliability and consistent play was rewarded with Dawkins’ first Pro Bowl appearance in 2022.

22. Taylor Decker, Detroit Lions
You don’t want to make a habit of asking top-10 draft picks to change positions once they get to the NFL, but the Lions made that decision with Penei Sewell because of Decker’s track record at left tackle since the Lions drafted him in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft. Decker has earned PFF grades above 75.0 in four of his six NFL seasons, including each of the last three years.

Decker may not be in the Pro Bowl conversation every year, but he is an important part of Detroit’s efforts to rebuild their roster through the trenches.

23. Orlando Brown Jr., Kansas City Chiefs
Browns’ success in pass protection with the Ravens came with the caveat that defenses have to alter how they rush the passer against Lamar Jackson, as pass-rushers are often tasked with containing Jackson rather than flushing him from the pocket.

Brown had to make adjustments in Kansas City after some early-season struggles, notably in Week 1 against Myles Garrett, but he settled in as the season progressed. The 6-foot-8, 345-pound tackle out of Oklahoma finished the year with a 74.4 PFF pass-blocking grade — the lowest of his career but still a respectable mark.

He projects as a good, not great, starter for Kansas City, which makes the upcoming contract negotiation between the two sides an interesting one to follow.

This article and list have been discussed in this thread already.

1) it’s pff and their OL grades are generally questionable
2) that list includes L and R tackles. Brown is 14th among LT and would rank higher if playing RT

Crunch time coming. We’ll see what happens.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:27 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Leveon made a post on social media today admitting he'd ****ed up massively in 2018 by holding out. His greatest regret , in fact. Hopefully Brown takes heed of that and doesn't **** both the Chiefs and himself over.
Where's the link? Be interesting to see how he worded it. His other posts are just arguing with "people" who doubt him or whatever. Saying he made it to where he is with no real support, etc. Like really?
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:41 AM 07-15-2022
I doubt he ever planned to sign

will be shocked if he signs before 3pm

bring on fisher
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:47 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Everyone needs to rewatch this game.

NFLN is reshowing it on Sunday. Watch it.

Enjoy the first half except for the last play. What the hell was Mahomes thinking?

Watch Mahomes choke in the 2nd half. Should Andy have ran the ball more? Hell yes! The 2nd half still baffles me after the 1st half. I’ve had over 10+ people ask me if they threw the game. What?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:57 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Healthy Eric Fisher was a better LT for this offense, with Mahomes, and that's really not subjective. With OBJ, you gain youth, and upside. That's also not really subjective. Whether or not that's worth the financial risk at the moment is the subjective part.

Fish wasn't healthy last season, and it was pretty obvious. If he is now, then that's a pretty good plan B.
Fisher isn't coming back on a 1 year deal to potentially get benched when OBJ comes back. The only way that would work is if KC trades OBJ which I don't think is happening either.

We likely start the season with Geron Christianson at LT (he started 8 games there last season) and OBJ comes back a week or 2 into the year.

It cant be stated enough OBJ has to be one dumb motherfucker to not hire an agent until June and then hire a guy with ZERO experience with the NFL.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:58 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Everyone needs to rewatch this game.

NFLN is reshowing it on Sunday. Watch it.

Enjoy the first half except for the last play. What the hell was Mahomes thinking?

Watch Mahomes choke in the 2nd half. Should Andy have ran the ball more? Hell yes! The 2nd half still baffles me after the 1st half. I’ve had over 10+ people ask me if they threw the game. What?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course they threw it. Black Magick occult sent in the order to mahomes and Andy. Open your eyes and see the truth. So blatantly obvious.

-- BlackOp
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:00 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Fisher isn't coming back on a 1 year deal to potentially get benched when OBJ comes back. The only way that would work is if KC trades OBJ which I don't think is happening either.

We likely start the season with Geron Christianson at LT (he started 8 games there last season) and OBJ comes back a week or 2 into the year.

It cant be stated enough OBJ has to be one dumb mother****er to not hire an agent until June and then hire a guy with ZERO experience with the NFL.
I think if Fisher came back, you're out on OBJ. That's the whole point.
[Reply]
-King- 08:03 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think if Fisher came back, you're out on OBJ. That's the whole point.
Yeah that would be dumb. OBJ is not sitting out this season. At worst he's going to skip training camp.
[Reply]
TLO 08:03 AM 07-15-2022
Y'all keep sleeping on mother fucking Prince Tega Wanogho
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:09 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I doubt he ever planned to sign

will be shocked if he signs before 3pm

bring on fisher
Brown not signing is bad for us. In no way does the Chiefs and us fans benefit from that scenario.

Fisher? Setting on his ass at home because no one wants him Fisher? Thats acceptable to you instead of paying $4 million more per year. at the max?

Then we turn around and give up a shit ton of draft picks to get up closer to the mid draft to pick some LT that is not a sure thing? We need those draft picks to get younger and cheaper. Even if your LT pick works out, we will be right back here soon enough, Them wanting to be paid.

No.No.No. Those saying it wont be bad, don't sign the guy, fuck him and his top LT money have not thought this through. I'm glad Veach is making this decision instead of some of you.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 343
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Up