View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 208 of 343
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:59 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
Lane Johnson, very high rated pass blocker, trade rumors have been out there a couple of years now. With Philly having the highest run attempts and planning for the long term very good youth group.

Maybe some deal sending OBJ to Philly for Lane Johnson could work. They get a run blocker while we get a pass blocker.
Who's been a RT his whole career.

It ain't Madden, fellas...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:00 PM 10-11-2022
We could use upgrades at both, to be fair.
[Reply]
Coach 01:01 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We could use upgrades at both, to be fair.
This I support.
[Reply]
Coach 01:02 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
He was a solid starter for a long time at a high value position. Looking back, it was worth the 1st. LIke you say, who else would they have taken?
I just am going off by memory, but it was either Fisher or Joeckel for the Chiefs, with maybe a little Lane Johnson mix here and there, but mostly heavily towards Fisher or Joeckel.
[Reply]
Balto 01:06 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Who's been a RT his whole career.

It ain't Madden, fellas...

I'd be fine at keeping him at RT and moving Wylie to LT, which can't be much worse than Brown at LT.

I still think Lane could play LT though /shrug.
[Reply]
Coach 01:06 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It was a weak class in real time. Everyone knew it.

The fact that the Chiefs got a first ballot HoFer from the 3rd round of it speaks to a little bit of luck but also a pretty good eye.

I think it was right after Kelce's first full season where I decided "y'know what? I'm looking at Kelce as our first rounder and slotting everyone else accordingly...." and suddenly the draft felt a lot better.

Nobody had Hopkins at 1.1. Or Travis Frederick or Darius Slay or Bakhtiari or Allen or Big Shel. When the only guy legitimately in the discussion as being a possible better decision even in hindsight is a guy who's played RT at roughly the same level Fisher played LT, I don't see it as even being an open question anymore.

Fisher was the right pick and for many years here a very good player.
The fact that Kelce is a future ballot HOF'er really salvaged the 2013 Chiefs draft class, outside of Fisher, if we're being honest.

Everyone else in that 2013 class was, well.... terrible to say it nicely. Sure some of them had a nice game here or there, but it wasn't anything special or consistent, whatever you want to apply here.

I shudder to think how bad that 2013 Chiefs draft class would have been had Fisher and Kelce trajectories turned out to be different than now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:08 PM 10-11-2022
Was it just me or did Brown adjust the way he was playing somewhere through the second quarter? Instead of falling back into a typical pass blockers stance he'd take a step forward and engage Jones almost like it was a running play then just set his feet and bully him.
[Reply]
Coach 01:10 PM 10-11-2022
I'd be fine at keeping him at RT and moving Wylie to LT, which can't be much worse than Brown at LT.

Disagree on the first paragraph. The issue is neither of our current T's has the foot speed to be an effective pass protector. The speed DE rusher is already past both of them by the time Pat has received the snap from the center.

And as for Lane, he probably could, but I think I'd rather retain our draft picks and try to find someone who can be a good LTOTF and make the necessary move to it.
[Reply]
Coach 01:12 PM 10-11-2022
Was it just me or did Brown adjust the way he was playing somewhere through the second quarter? Instead of falling back into a typical pass blockers stance he'd take a step forward and engage Jones almost like it was a running play then just set his feet and bully him.
I did notice he did play better in the 2nd half, but I still think he got some "help" from a TE or an RB to keep the rusher in check, but I cannot be 100% certain of that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:14 PM 10-11-2022
They started chipping him some, and committed to running the ball some. Those things helped.

Brown did start meeting Jones earlier as opposed to waiting on him. That also seemed to help some.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:39 PM 10-11-2022

I like Wylie, but he lost a bunch of pass block reps last night. Badly. Zero chance he'd be better on the left side.
[Reply]
Balto 02:44 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
Disagree on the first paragraph. The issue is neither of our current T's has the foot speed to be an effective pass protector. The speed DE rusher is already past both of them by the time Pat has received the snap from the center.

And as for Lane, he probably could, but I think I'd rather retain our draft picks and try to find someone who can be a good LTOTF and make the necessary move to it.
I suggested Brown for Lane, no draft picks.
[Reply]
Coach 02:51 PM 10-11-2022
I suggested Brown for Lane, no draft picks.
Yeah, I don't think Philly will do that trade. Trading for a player/player is pretty rare.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:58 PM 10-11-2022

Do you not remember the Remmers experiment in the SB?

Yeah - it could be a LOT worse than Brown. We're not that far removed from it.

If Brown is so bad at LT that you'd rather play Wylie over there, then in what world would the Eagles deal him to us for Brown? Your internal logic isn't holding together here.

This idea makes very very little sense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:01 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I like Wylie, but he lost a bunch of pass block reps last night. Badly. Zero chance he'd be better on the left side.
I think I saw that Wylie gave up 7 first half pressures?

That's...wow.

Yeah, if there's anyone who truly got abused last night, it wasn't Brown, it was Andrew Wylie. A couple of those reps were really man vs. boy stuff. You don't see a lot of truly non-competitive reps in an NFL game but we saw more than enough last night from Wylie.
[Reply]
Page 208 of 343
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258308 > Last »
Up