View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 158 of 343
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:23 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Which is why I love Veach so much.

He doesn’t give that extra bit to get a deal done. He’s really coming into his own and paying guys what they’re realistically worth.

Great GM.

Brown is fine. Just fine. Shouldn’t be paid like the best OT in football and won’t be (at least not by us). Tag and trade in the offseason.

Let Veach cook with even more draft capital.
Dude if he’s so bad we don’t want him you’re not going to get some team to take him of our hands for 1st round picks. He’s either worth it or he’s not.
[Reply]
TEX 08:25 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
We spent a 1st round pick on a LT, and 2 years later we're going to spend another 1st round pick on a LT?
But we got a 2nd as part of that deal and that pick turned into Bolton. So if OB does not lower his price and we end up needing a LT and we have to draft one in the 1st round, I'm in.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:29 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Then Roaf is blind.
HOF LT knows nothing about playing LT. /CP
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:30 AM 09-16-2022
I mean, we effectively swapped down from the first to the second and Veach nailing home runs with both Bolton and Humphrey make the trade compensation largely irrelevant. We lost almost nothing capital wise by doing it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:30 AM 09-16-2022
What's more disconcerting than his play in a vacuum was that Reid seemed to be calling plays expecting him (and Wylie) to get beat.

That was such a conservative gameplan. I mean it looked like they ran out the "Don't let JJ Watt eat Jah Reid alive" playbook in that first half.

It was scary more for how the team handled him than it was his performance on its face. They expected him to get handled out there.

And I guess he didn't disappoint.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:31 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What's more disconcerting than his play in a vacuum was that Reid seemed to be calling plays expecting him (and Wylie) to get beat.

That was such a conservative gameplan. I mean it looked like they ran out the "Don't let JJ Watt eat Jah Reid alive" playbook in that first half.

It was scary more for how the team handled him than it was his performance on its face. They expected him to get handled out there.

And I guess he didn't disappoint.
Exactly. Made mention of that a few times as well last night. Reid was calling a neutered offense for large swaths of the game because he lacked faith in the OL.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Have enough faith in Veach to find a better solution than paying Brown if he doesn't improve quickly.
You find a niche solution. Not someone who you think can be a do everything elite LT necessarily, but someone with the athleticism to at least be an asset in pass protection.

You triage the situation and find the best available option. I see someone like Bernhard Raimann in Indy and really wish we had a guy like him on the bench to see if he may be the next man up there.

But guys that do one thing well can usually be found relatively easily.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Exactly. Made mention of that a few times as well last night. Reid was calling a neutered offense for large swaths of the game because he lacked faith in the OL.
That game against the Broncos on Monday night when Mahomes threw the ball lefthanded comes to mind as well.

Reid didn't do ANYTHING in the first half of that game because he seemed scared to expose Mahomes. We gotta play these guys again - I really hope he finds some confidence between now and then because that's not a championship style gameplan and we'll see good pass rush units again.
[Reply]
TEX 08:38 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
HOF LT knows nothing about playing LT. /CP
Sure, over all. But even they can be wrong at certain times. I've heard HOF'er make stupid comments about players before. I heard Len Dawson praise the play of one Matt Cassel, when it was obvious Matt did not play well.

Yes, Roaf knows Way more than I do about Tackle play, but if he said the Tackles played well last night, he's dead wrong.

You are free to take his word as gospel though, even though I'm pretty sure your own eyes told you something different.
[Reply]
TEX 08:42 AM 09-16-2022
You find a niche solution. Not someone who you think can be a do everything elite LT necessarily, but someone with the athleticism to at least be an asset in pass protection.

You triage the situation and find the best available option. I see someone like Bernhard Raimann in Indy and really wish we had a guy like him on the bench to see if he may be the next man up there.

But guys that do one thing well can usually be found relatively easily.
This is a great take.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 09-16-2022
I thought the tackles played fine last night. Seems we have some vendettas against some guys in here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:46 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I thought the tackles played fine last night. Seems we have some vendettas against some guys in here.
They played fine because Andy protected the hell out of them. And the results were clear to see. We ran a pre-season offense out on the field and got absolutely pantsed.

I mean maybe the fault lies with Reid for not trusting his Ts more (that's my hope, anyway). But the Ts, albeit indirectly, were pretty heavily responsible for a pretty tepid offensive effort.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 09-16-2022
They played fine because Andy protected the hell out of them. And the results were clear to see. We ran a pre-season offense out on the field and got absolutely pantsed.

I mean maybe the fault lies with Reid for not trusting his Ts more (that's my hope, anyway). But the Ts, albeit indirectly, were pretty heavily responsible for a pretty tepid offensive effort.
Well, I mean at some point, you can't throw them out on the island continually and expect things to go greatly. Yeah, they missed some stuff, the other guys get paid too.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:08 AM 09-16-2022

Chargers pressure generated against the Chiefs:
Joey Bosa - 5 (2 hits)
Khalil Mack - 4 (1 sack)
Drue Tranquill - 2
Morgan Fox - 2
Kyle Van Noy - 2 (1 hit)
Chris Rumph - 1
Derwin James - 1
Jerry Tillery - 1
(Austin Johnson had 3 pressures & 2 hits negated by penalties)

— Guilty As Charged Podcast (@GACPodcast17) September 16, 2022

[Reply]
-King- 09:15 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, I mean at some point, you can't throw them out on the island continually and expect things to go greatly. Yeah, they missed some stuff, the other guys get paid too.
You can't keep using the "the other guys get paid too" or "mack and bosa are really good" excuses when you're talking about a guy who was asking to be the highest paid LT ever.

I don't expect him to just stonewall them and never get beat. But to see him struggle like that and see the offense not be able to play to their full potential because Reid/Mahomes couldn't trust them is a problem.
[Reply]
Page 158 of 343
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Up