ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 86
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:32 AM 10-01-2021
Bowe is no different than someone like Tony Gonzalez. He just had a much worse supporting cast, and didn't have as long a career.

They both had similar levels of good-to-elite production at their best. They both never won a playoff game. But at least Bowe SHOWED UP in one of his playoff games.

But one is viewed completely different than the other because he played with a shit offense for a far greater period of his career.

Bowe's avg wins with Chiefs, average TD & yards/game from scrimmage: 6.1, .372, 60.6

TG's avg wins with Chiefs, average TD & yards/game from scrimmage: 7.9, 0.4 ,57.6

Oh, and he didn't SHIT ON THE FRANCHISE after he left. So he wins there.

Now go fuck yourselves.
[Reply]
jettio 08:34 AM 10-01-2021
I really hope that Josh Gordon plays great and can play for Chiefs a couple of years without getting suspended again, but if these stats are accurate. His receptions per target percentage is suprisingly low for his career, even in his most productive years.

Playing with Mahomes should improve that a lot, but his production in most years is not much better than the guys already in the WR room.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...G/GordJo02.htm

His Yards per Reception is elite.

Gordon is going to have to earn playing time. I think Chiefs WR production will increase, but it will be all the guys, Gordon is not going to have many more catches than the guys already playing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 AM 10-01-2021
Catch percentage was 58.8 when he played with an elite QB on the Patriots.

Sammy Watkins 2019 catch percentage: 57.8.

He's going to be Sammy Watkins II, just not injured, and hopefully more explosive.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:47 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Catch percentage was 58.8 when he played with an elite QB on the Patriots.

Sammy Watkins 2019 catch percentage: 57.8.

He's going to be Sammy Watkins II, just not injured, and hopefully more explosive.
This,

His catch rate overall includes a bunch of horrible QB's. He is literally a more durable Sammy Watkins in my eyes.

I also think his 40 time is misleading. He is a long strider, I bet he is scooting when at full speed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:53 AM 10-01-2021

[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:54 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Bowe is no different than someone like Tony Gonzalez. He just had a much worse supporting cast, and didn't have as long a career.

They both had similar levels of good-to-elite production at their best. They both never won a playoff game. But at least Bowe SHOWED UP in one of his playoff games.

But one is viewed completely different than the other because he played with a shit offense for a far greater period of his career.

Bowe's avg wins with Chiefs, average TD & yards/game from scrimmage: 6.1, .372, 60.6

TG's avg wins with Chiefs, average TD & yards/game from scrimmage: 7.9, 0.4 ,57.6

Oh, and he didn't SHIT ON THE FRANCHISE after he left. So he wins there.

Now go **** yourselves.
Fuck Tony G. I think he was overrated. And anytime your best offensive player is a TE, you're fucked. So, even during the Priest years, we never had a legitimate #1 receiver, always 2 #2s. So...OF COURSE his numbers were great. Trent was trINT when he was trying to throw to WRs. in 2003 and 2004 he fed the ball to TG and the RBs. So Tony G had 104 catches in 2004, just because Trent had NOWHERE else to go with the ball. Fuck Tony G.

I'm glad Travis Kelce is already the best TE in Chiefs history, working on being the best TE in NFL history. Fuck Tony G.

Tony G and D Bowe were the same guy.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:01 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Fuck Tony G. I think he was overrated.

So you think instead of being the greatest TE of all time he was maybe the 2nd or 3rd? How the fuck was he overrated?????
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:04 AM 10-01-2021
**** Tony G. I think he was overrated. And anytime your best offensive player is a TE, you're ****ed. So, even during the Priest years, we never had a legitimate #1 receiver, always 2 #2s. So...OF COURSE his numbers were great. Trent was trINT when he was trying to throw to WRs. in 2003 and 2004 he fed the ball to TG and the RBs. So Tony G had 104 catches in 2004, just because Trent had NOWHERE else to go with the ball. **** Tony G.

I'm glad Travis Kelce is already the best TE in Chiefs history, working on being the best TE in NFL history. **** Tony G.

Tony G and D Bowe were the same guy.
There are a few outliers. Gronk and Kelce have won the big one and they were the best players on offense outside of QB but I think you are right. Most teams best offensive player is not the TE. Atlanta was insane to take Pitts at 4. Really stupid pick.

Bowe and Tony were not the same guy.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:12 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
There are a few outliers. Gronk and Kelce have won the big one and they were the best players on offense outside of QB but I think you are right. Most teams best offensive player is not the TE. Atlanta was insane to take Pitts at 4. Really stupid pick.

Bowe and Tony were not the same guy.
Gronk and Kelce have shown that there is more to being a TE than just being a freak athlete. They are both good athletes, and Kelce is a better one but there are plenty of guys who are faster, jump higher, and bigger at TE. They are both good because they understand where to sit down and end routes based on the defense they are facing.
[Reply]
notorious 11:14 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
MY GOODNESS.

:-)

Sigh
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:23 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:

So you think instead of being the greatest TE of all time he was maybe the 2nd or 3rd? How the **** was he overrated?????
BECAUSE HE SHIT ON THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE! FUCK HIM.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:24 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
MY GOODNESS.

:-)

Sigh
No shit. I felt that one in my soul, lol.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:25 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:

So you think instead of being the greatest TE of all time he was maybe the 2nd or 3rd? How the fuck was he overrated?????
Asshole refused to sign my hat at training camp when I was just a kid.

Nobody else was around. It was his rookie year, before he had done jack fucking shit in the league. I was just a kid going, "Mr. Gonzalez, could you sign my hat, please?" And the dude thought he was already NFL royalty or some shit.

Asshole gave me a look of contempt like I'm the scum of the earth, turns his back, and walks away.

I've always been cautious about rooting for Gonzalez. I loved all the catches and TDs and big plays he made. But these days I have zero energy for him as a fan, and it all kind of started when he got traded. Deep down, I wanted him to never win a playoff game.

When he's on TV these days and does his, "Geeeeee I don't know I'm loyal to BOTH Atlanta and Kansas City guuuuyyyzzzzz!!" dumbfuckery, I have no love for the guy or fond memories.

Honestly, if somebody today said, "Hey, Tony Gonzalez is over there! Want to go talk to him," I'd decline the invitation. Because if I did encounter him, I'd want to kick him square in the nutsack instead of talking to him, and that would probably mean I'd get my ass kicked. So it'd be better if I just turn my back on him the way he turned his back on the kid version of me years ago.

Eat a dick, Tony. I hope October goes nuts and murders you with a kitchen knife.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:28 AM 10-01-2021
Who wasn't shitting on the franchise back then?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:48 AM 10-01-2021
That moment you go to Thumb Up a post and realize you already did.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 86
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up