ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 86
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:24 PM 09-30-2021
Matt had a hell of a lot more balls than Alex sometimes. He would force shit in.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:24 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I think comparing Dwayne Bowe and Josh Gordon is an interesting comparison.

Dwayne Bowe - 6-2, 221 pounds, 4.51, 40 time, 55.9 career catch %
Josh Gordon - 6-3, 225 pounds, 4.52, 40 time, 53.5 career catch %

I think if Gordon can return to form, he will help, but his catch rate concerns me.

The Chiefs are in a 4th and 5. Patrick rolls out and throws a pass to Josh that hits him in the hands and he drops it.

Tyreek Hill - 67.3 career catch %
Travis Kelce - 71.3 career catch %
Demarcus Robinson - 64.9 career catch %
Byron Pringle - 69.8 career catch %
Mecole Hardman - 66.1 career catch %

Stats from www.pro-football-reference.com
Interesting, but I think those numbers come down directly to the QB's throwing them the ball.

Bowe's QB's -
2007 and '08 - complete poop
2009 to '15 - Matt Cassel and Alex Smith

Gordon's QB's -
2012 - Brandon Weeden
2013 - Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden
2014 - Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel
2017 - Deshone Kizer and Kevin Hogan

Neither player had anyone even sniff the ability of Mahomes throwing them the ball (minus Brady of course, but his time there was very short).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:32 PM 09-30-2021
My lasting memory of Bowe will be him not dragging his foot in Indy because he was on cruise control at that point.

Drag your !@#$ing toe, man. You were OOB by half a shoe after taking a full stride - it wouldn't have taken much at all to pull that in and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:34 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That clip is actually why I'm OK with Mahomes bailing from the pocket. If he was able to get out of there and extend that play for another second, he'd have seen Hardman there for the big play.

I don't think this OL is that great yet.
No, but an Oline need time together to develop the chemistry and communication needed to be an effective unit. In fact, that is what separates the truly great Olines from average or good - Tait, Waters, Weizmann, and Shields were together FOREVER, which is how when we traded for Willie Roaf and kicked Tait to RT, the Oline was SO FUCKING GOOD.

None of these guys starting had ever met before this year, and we're only coming up on week 4. Give them time. Give Gordon time.

We want to peak in December, not September.

I'm so not worried about the offense.

This defense though 😳
[Reply]
Bowser 01:35 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My lasting memory of Bowe will be him not dragging his foot in Indy because he was on cruise control at that point.

Drag your !@#$ing toe, man. You were OOB by half a shoe after taking a full stride - it wouldn't have taken much at all to pull that in and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.
Hey, thanks for dredging that memory up out of the pit! :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:35 PM 09-30-2021

DBowe never came through in the biggest games. Or on late night runs to Sonic.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:36 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I got so drunk that game that my parents left the house we were at because I was in total meltdown mode.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:37 PM 09-30-2021

Bowe's QB's -
2007 and '08 - complete poop
2009 to '15 - Matt Cassel and Alex Smith

Gordon's QB's -
2012 - Brandon Weeden
2013 - Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden
2014 - Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel
2017 - Deshone Kizer and Kevin Hogan
That's horrific.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:38 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I got so drunk that game that my parents left the house we were at because I was in total meltdown mode.
I sat in stunned silence, just as I had in a few Indy playoff games previous. Same as the TEN playoff game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:40 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I sat in stunned silence, just as I had in a few Indy playoff games previous. Same as the TEN playoff game.
The dumb shit was that I was well on my way to being drunk because I was celebrating. Then as they came back….I kept drinking more to numb the inevitable pain I was about to feel.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 09-30-2021
I was at the 50 yard line, about 2 rows up. Best seats to a game I've ever had. It was a a blast until it wasn't.

Snow came through overnight and we drove back in damn near white-out conditions and nobody said a word for the 12 hours or whatever that trip took as we were crawling down I-70.

It facilitated my first CP vacation. I just could not re-engage with this team.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:42 PM 09-30-2021
The dumb shit was that I was well on my way to being drunk because I was celebrating. Then as they came back….I kept drinking more to numb the inevitable pain I was about to feel.
Nod Alright GIFfrom Nod GIFs

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:42 PM 09-30-2021
I was at the 50 yard line, about 2 rows up. Best seats to a game I've ever had. It was a a blast until it wasn't.

Snow came through overnight and we drove back in damn near white-out conditions and nobody said a word for the 12 hours or whatever that trip took as we were crawling down I-70.

I couldn’t imagine seeing it in person. I probably would have killed myself in that stadium.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:43 PM 09-30-2021

Me and Wolfy almost went to that game...I'm glad we didn't.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:43 PM 09-30-2021
I couldn’t imagine seeing it in person. I probably would have killed myself in that stadium.
And a few Dolts fans too.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 86
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up