ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 352
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:09 PM 12-07-2021
Did you like Chuckie on the call? He went to my high school in st joe
[Reply]
Pablo 09:10 PM 12-07-2021
Gonna shit down the mutts throats on Saturday. Should be a very enjoyable watch
[Reply]
BWillie 09:11 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Did you like Chuckie on the call? He went to my high school in st joe
I thought him and King McClure were pretty good for newbies
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:12 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Well, since some of us don't have ESPN+ and don't do the free/shady streams, what else do we have to talk about.

:-)

Glad to hear that KU took care of business.

If YouTube TV had ESPN+ as an add on, I would sign up. I'm not actually that cost sensitive. Just annoyed. And I get Disney is trying to push their bundle like everyone else.

I know, I should go to the sports bar, relax, and watch the game free for $8 pints.

That'll show 'em.
Same. And if it's not for the greedy fucking cable/satellite providers and so forth, my greedy fucking ISP has a data cap, so if I streamed everything I would just end up paying those assholes more in the process.

Dish is currently the least of the evils for me with the most upside, but I'm also relatively picky in that I want NHLN and get some college hockey games, and will sometimes catch things on B1G and the ACC Network, etc.

Granted, if I dropped it and just went ESPN+ and YouTubeTV or Sling or Hulu, I'm sure I'd survive.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:13 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Better than many out there actually.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:15 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Gonna shit down the mutts throats on Saturday. Should be a very enjoyable watch
I still don’t get why we’re doing them this favor at all in playing them again, but at least it will be more interesting than the average non-conference game.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:17 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Same. And if it's not for the greedy ****ing cable/satellite providers and so forth, my greedy ****ing ISP has a data cap, so if I streamed everything I would just end up paying those assholes more in the process.

Dish is currently the least of the evils for me with the most upside, but I'm also relatively picky in that I want NHLN and get some college hockey games, and will sometimes catch things on B1G and the ACC Network, etc.

Granted, if I dropped it and just went ESPN+ and YouTubeTV or Sling or Hulu, I'm sure I'd survive.
Holy shit, that would be horrible man. Whos your ISP? Can't imagine getting data capped unless I was doing some really egregious usage.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:18 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Honestly can't remember. Blocked a lot of last season out.
I think it was @Texas maybe. I think Wilson had an open lane for a layup to tie, but he tripped or lost the ball on his way up. Something like that.

I’ll look it up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:47 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Use your ESPN+ free trial yet? Or just pay the small monthly payment? I guess I don’t know how many of your games are on there, a decent amount of our Non cons have been so far. I still have the Disney/Hulu/ESPN bundle though.
Well, since some of us don't have ESPN+ and don't do the free/shady streams, what else do we have to talk about.

:-)

Glad to hear that KU took care of business.

If YouTube TV had ESPN+ as an add on, I would sign up. I'm not actually that cost sensitive. Just annoyed. And I get Disney is trying to push their bundle like everyone else.

I know, I should go to the sports bar, relax, and watch the game free for $8 pints.

That'll show 'em.
I got the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ package. I just didn’t want to **** with streaming a game, going to a bar etc. I’ve got a gig of fiber for work stuff so my as well use the bandwidth after hours.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:46 AM 12-08-2021
mcloure needs some seasoning but at-least he kept it real. Him saying that they need to play better than most teams basically saying utep sucks. People ususally dance around just saying the other team sucks good on him forbeing a straght shooter
[Reply]
Lzen 11:04 AM 12-08-2021
Same. And if it's not for the greedy ****ing cable/satellite providers and so forth, my greedy ****ing ISP has a data cap, so if I streamed everything I would just end up paying those assholes more in the process.

What is your cap? When I dropped the satellite a few years ago and went to all streaming, I was a little concerned about going over my data. But that has not been an issue you for me, even when wife was working from home during COVID and daughter was in school at home. I have Cox and theirs is like 1200/mo. The thing I love about the streaming services (my main is Youtube TV) is that I can drop them at any time and, unlike satellite companies, there is no penalty.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:05 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I didn't remember much about McClure at Baylor but I thought he did a great job on the broadcast. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:39 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
What is your cap? When I dropped the satellite a few years ago and went to all streaming, I was a little concerned about going over my data. But that has not been an issue you for me, even when wife was working from home during COVID and daughter was in school at home. I have Cox and theirs is like 1200/mo. The thing I love about the streaming services (my main is Youtube TV) is that I can drop them at any time and, unlike satellite companies, there is no penalty.
700/month, but they have several levels between 600 and over a terabyte.

700 isn't unattainable, but not easy to hit, either. They used to auto bump you to the next tier after hitting it 3 months in a row, but now at least "only" charge $10/100GB as you go over.

I use about 10GB/day right now and that's been with pretty light streaming lately, and 700 comes out to 23/day.... I also set my Fire stick and Netflix down to 720p, which isn't noticeable enough to care and I think saves like 50% data usage over 1080 (it's also on a smaller TV in the bedroom). I might be screwed if I streamed any 4k content though.

And yeah, the contracts suck, especially when they can remove channels whenever they want. Losing an OTA channel for all these weeks will probably be the last straw.... considering canceling the last ~6 months after the NHL playoffs are over, since the $20/month to cancel plus streaming options would be less than keeping it around.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:34 PM 12-08-2021
700/month, but they have several levels between 600 and over a terabyte.

700 isn't unattainable, but not easy to hit, either. They used to auto bump you to the next tier after hitting it 3 months in a row, but now at least "only" charge $10/100GB as you go over.

I use about 10GB/day right now and that's been with pretty light streaming lately, and 700 comes out to 23/day.... I also set my Fire stick and Netflix down to 720p, which isn't noticeable enough to care and I think saves like 50% data usage over 1080 (it's also on a smaller TV in the bedroom). I might be screwed if I streamed any 4k content though.

And yeah, the contracts suck, especially when they can remove channels whenever they want. Losing an OTA channel for all these weeks will probably be the last straw.... considering canceling the last ~6 months after the NHL playoffs are over, since the $20/month to cancel plus streaming options would be less than keeping it around.
With the amount of gaming from my boys & streaming from my girl (and myself on both accounts), we kept blowing by our limit. Finally figured out that Cox offers a $50 unlimited data plan and jumped on it.
[Reply]
sedated 01:41 PM 12-08-2021
If you live in KC that's a limited option for ESPN+ games. Maybe its changed since I accepted watching those at home, but when the whole deal first started I couldn't find a bar that had access to ESPN+ except for Johnny's Tavern and one local place where the owner is a KU fan and attached a Roku to one of the TVs.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 352
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up