Page 42 of 49
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Willie Gay Jr. Thread*****
Dante84 07:30 PM 04-24-2020
More to come!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
PHOG 06:40 AM 09-16-2022
He had a nice night, except for the previously mentioned whiffs. Got to clean that up. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:49 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Missed tackle aside, dude had a really good game. His speed and athleticism really pop.
I thought he was a mixed bag, which you'd expect from a young guy going up against a good offense.

Great thing about Gay is when he looks good, he's fucking great.

Plus, I believe it was his pressure that forced the Herbert pick-6.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:00 AM 09-16-2022
I thought he was money in the first half then came out shaky in the third. Then got back on track mostly. If he makes the back field tackles, hes on pace for all pro this year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:04 AM 09-16-2022
We've come a long way from the days of Hitchens, Ragland, and Terrance Smith.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:16 AM 09-16-2022
Missed tackle and dropped INT to seal the game but yeah his good plays outweighed the bad with flashes of great. Sky is the limit for him.
[Reply]
Munson 07:49 AM 09-16-2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:49 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I thought he was money in the first half then came out shaky in the third. Then got back on track mostly. If he makes the back field tackles, hes on pace for all pro this year.
just some overpursuit and over-aggressiveness in general all game long. That's alright, it's correctable. But his size and speed just jump off the screen. He's going to be a good one.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 09-16-2022
He plays with alot of passion which gets him to amped at times.

Throttle down a bit when you get there and make the tackle.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:55 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
just some overpursuit and over-aggressiveness in general all game long. That's alright, it's correctable. But his size and speed just jump off the screen. He's going to be a good one.
He absolutely flys around. I love it. I wonder if a little of it wasnt just prime time jitters.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:56 AM 09-16-2022
Saw a tweet saying he was targeted 14 times and gave up 13 completions. Seems not great. He does fly all over the field.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:57 AM 09-16-2022
The light is coming on for Willie Gay, he's about to become a big time player.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:58 AM 09-16-2022
He's kind of got a case of the whiffies right now but i imagine it won't take much for him to clean that up.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 09-16-2022
Dude was a monster. He's going to tighten up the tackling and be even more of a monster. No concern whatsoever.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:19 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Saw a tweet saying he was targeted 14 times and gave up 13 completions. Seems not great. He does fly all over the field.
Meh, a check down out of the backfield is likely to be completed, even if it's for a minimal gain.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:26 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
He plays with alot of passion which gets him to amped at times.

Throttle down a bit when you get there and make the tackle.
I think he's slowly becoming the energy of the defense as well. No more of this Frank Clark faux swagger bullshit (seriously, just watching him walk around annoys me; dude is out there sauntering like billy badass - watch it from Arrowhead next time - I hate this guy so much).

Instead Gay is out there firing up his teammates. He's getting charged up in the huddle and between plays. He's gearing his guys up and playing HARD and fast. Bolton is the intellectual center of the defense but Gay may well be its heart.

When he's playing fast, it rubs off. Now I feel like Jones sack finally put them to another level, but even in that first half when they were clearly on their heels - they did just enough to stay in the game and that was largely because Gay kept them fired up, IMO.

I'd be shocked if they can afford to do it, but man I'd love to see those 2 guys patrol the middle of this defense for another 6-8 years and put themselves in the ring of honor. They're just so incredibly complementary.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 49
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Up