ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 240
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:17 AM 09-27-2016
Can't win in the playoffs if you don't win in the reg season.oh and --ck anyone who wants josh dumbass McDaniels
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 08:19 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Psyko Tek:
dude, there is no need to know anything here,
but nice you are trying
welcome to the planet
LOL, thanks, and I know what you mean, but I'd feel kinda silly jumping into a debate about players I've only really watched for a couple games

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
As far as sports goes, having a team leave on you has to be high up on the list of crappy things to happen to a fan. I feel for you. Welcome.
Thanks, you are like the 4th person in the past 2 days to welcome me & feel sorry for what I've been through. (as if it was you guys' fault) So again thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome.

And to the topic of this thread I've been watching a Jeff Fisher coached team for 4 years now. I'll take Andy Reid any day over that.:-)
[Reply]
Swanman 08:48 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I really cant remember the last time I laughed this hard, to the point my sides were literally hurting

He absolutely RIPS those people and their city... and they LOVED him for it, that was pure genius
I remember listening to Opie and Anthony the week after that happened. Burr was white hot after the crowd shit all over Dom Irrera, someone that Burr really looked up to. Everything he said was made up on the spot and he threw his entire act out the window. Amazing stuff.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 09:02 AM 09-27-2016
How do you guys get 8 turnovers and not win 49 to 3? Are you guys really surprised Reid is bad at game situational awareness? Just throw in last year's patriot playoff game.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:02 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Is that what we want? Another winning season? I got over winning seasons in the 90's. We are suppose to be competing to the big one but instead we have an offense that can't get td's with a QB that refuses to try and get them. 1 td in two games is not even remotely acceptable in year 4. Rookies are killing it on other teams and we sit here year after year with the same problem.

No way in hell is this team a contender with a QB that can't lead the offense to the end zone.
You'd rather have losing seasons?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:07 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy's coaching record is HOF worthy, but I'm left wondering what many have said here before.

"Andy was a .500 ish coach without Jim Johnson." Is that true? I didn't want to believe that at first, but the more and more I see, the more I'm believing it.
The Chiefs defense has carried this team every single year and that's not debatable.

I would additionally ask you to watch the rest of the NFL. Are you watching the Broncos scoring 4 TD's with a first year 7th rd QB in his first road game? Are you watching Jacoby fucking Brissett look awesome in his first ever start? Are you watching Dak Prescott look good in Dallas? Are you watching Andy's old pal Doug making a rookie QB look amazing?
We all know that the NFL is about coaching and systems. That's why Semen looks good and Brock looks like shit. So let me ask you...why isn't Andy's system working? It's year 4 and you have more than enough talent at your disposal, but yet your offense is struggling to score.
It's one of 2 things: the system is broken or the QB sucks. Either way, it's on Andy.

I'm not saying that Andy needs to go. I'm rightfully criticizing him bc his offense still can't score, and a coach known for being an offensive genius shouldn't be having these problems.
Did you also watch Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer get their shit pushed in? Russell Wilson the week before? Where you there when the Chiefs handed Tom Brady his ass?

I'm not convinced Andy's system isn't working. When he's needed to throttle it up a bit, the offense has been there. But right now I think he's trying to keep things basic while he waits for his interior line to gel. 2 starters are out and Morse just isn't playing well. We've faced 2 of the top 5 DLs in football over the last two weeks and if you'll recall Reid was fairly aggressive most of the game in Houston only to get wrecked.

He's actively trying to win ugly right now, IMO. But the same system that you're claiming doesn't work managed a mid-pack offense with Travis Kelce (as a 'rookie'), Dwyane Bowe and some odd combination of Donnie Avery, Albert Wilson, DAT and Junior Hemingway as the WRs. I watched most of that season in absolute awe. Reid was able to simple create space; it was really amazing. There wasn't any talent out there but Reid was finding ways to create throwing lanes and at least a little room to work with.

You don't just forget how to coach and Reid's system is actually en vogue right now; teams are all moving towards the dink/dunk stuff more and more.

But again, I'll concede that it's just not wise to have your head coach calling plays. It's hard to do when there's so much going on. But even if he's not doing it, he's going to have a like-minded guy doing it for him. Things aren't going to change that much.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:07 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
How do you guys get 8 turnovers and not win 49 to 3? Are you guys really surprised Reid is bad at game situational awareness? Just throw in last year's patriot playoff game.
Not every turnover resulted in good field position.... Not every team in the NFL scores on every 80 yard drive..
[Reply]
OctoberFart 09:58 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Not every turnover resulted in good field position.... Not every team in the NFL scores on every 80 yard drive..
Reid isn't a very good head coach though.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:02 AM 09-27-2016
Well, a fan of the Fade would certainly be able to spot a bad coach when they see one. Maybe we should start worrying?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:03 AM 09-27-2016
I thought Del Rio was supposed to fix that defense?
[Reply]
OctoberFart 10:09 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I thought Del Rio was supposed to fix that defense?
Long season my friend but this is a thread about Reid. Stay on course Hillary.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 09-27-2016
Long season my friend but this is a thread about Reid. Stay on course Hillary.
Sure thing.

Andy Reid wants to know why Jack Del Rio hasn't fixed that defense yet.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:16 AM 09-27-2016
Lol
[Reply]
OctoberFart 10:16 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Sure thing.

Andy Reid wants to know why Jack Del Rio hasn't fixed that defense yet.
Reid knows the Saints and Falcons have torched a few defenses before. He knows Raiders will finish ahead of his mediocre team.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:21 AM 09-27-2016
Reid knows the Saints and Falcons have torched a few defenses before. He knows Raiders will finish ahead of his mediocre team.
Who are you really trying to convince here, anway?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 240
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up