Page 428 of 934
« First < 328378418424425426427428 429430431432438478528928 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
banyon 11:24 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by wutamess:
I have some capital to spare. Is Tesla a good buy at this price? Just a month ago I go tin at $479 @ Rainman's mention.
Seems like everyone has been making bank on the fact that the S&P funds will have to buy $TSLA coming monday.

Could see a huge dump by the hedgies after that is my guess. S&P tends to bring in funds at the top.

Could still be a good long term bet, but medium term, I think i goes back to 400s maybe.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:31 AM 12-18-2020
Going here in an hour to sign my life away. We are taking a good chunk of our retirement money and investing it in our own business. It is a site with 5 cabin rentals with hot tubs up in the mountains. It makes a small fortune already, we are hoping to expand that some.
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:51 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Going here in an hour to sign my life away. We are taking a good chunk of our retirement money and investing it in our own business. It is a site with 5 cabin rentals with hot tubs up in the mountains. It makes a small fortune already, we are hoping to expand that some.
Sounds great, best of luck.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:54 AM 12-18-2020
Monday should be the big day for Tesla. Stimulus will be done over the weekend, Moderna will also be approved and ready for rollout this weekend and Monday’s opening bell is when index funds can officially buy Tesla.

Gonna be a fun day
[Reply]
Shag 11:58 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone invested in Roku or square? I just bought in. I really like the direction they are headed and think they are great buys at their current price.
I bought both early in the year, up ~200% on each. Hopefully, they keep running!
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:07 PM 12-18-2020
I have some capital to spare. Is Tesla a good buy at this price? Just a month ago I go tin at $479 @ Rainman's mention.
I'm a bit cowardly in these situations where a stock skyrockets. I keep fighting the urge to hit the 'sell' button on some of it, but man, it just keeps going up. I need to learn from the mistakes I've made before and just keep riding, but if that JP Morgan guy is right and it goes to 90 that would really hurt.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:08 PM 12-18-2020
That sounds pretty awesome. Are you able to buy low during the pandemic, or is it in an area where it's been able to hold a customer base?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:09 PM 12-18-2020
Go big or go home
[Reply]
banyon 12:47 PM 12-18-2020
Im getting smoked trying to short DASH today. HODL for monday drop.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:00 PM 12-18-2020
That's hard to say. I think if I was looking to get in now I'd wait until next week and it stabilizes and then buy dips.

BUT, my gut feeling is people will be buying after hours today trying to get in before Monday. With all the shares that are being required to purchase from the index funds I would think Monday it just HAS to go up but then again there might be a ton of people taking profits at the same time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:08 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
That's hard to say. I think if I was looking to get in now I'd wait until next week and it stabilizes and then buy dips.

BUT, my gut feeling is people will be buying after hours today trying to get in before Monday. With all the shares that are being required to purchase from the index funds I would think Monday it just HAS to go up but then again there might be a ton of people taking profits at the same time.
I keep pondering the S&P thing relative to the runup we've had this year. You've got to think that a lot of insiders knew it was going to get added at some point, and a lot of index fund managers would have known as well.

I have no idea of legalities and stuff, but if I was an index fund manager I would've found a way to buy the stock early even if I can't yet do it in the index fund. But it seems like they could buy it into some other fund that they manage to hedge, right? I just keep wondering if the S&P runup is what happened over the past year.

But then again, I know nothing about how those funds operate.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:18 PM 12-18-2020
I see Congress's bullshit is about to wipe out the gains for the week......
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:30 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I keep pondering the S&P thing relative to the runup we've had this year. You've got to think that a lot of insiders knew it was going to get added at some point, and a lot of index fund managers would have known as well.

I have no idea of legalities and stuff, but if I was an index fund manager I would've found a way to buy the stock early even if I can't yet do it in the index fund. But it seems like they could buy it into some other fund that they manage to hedge, right? I just keep wondering if the S&P runup is what happened over the past year.

But then again, I know nothing about how those funds operate.
Could be but I think private sectors bought in once the addition to S&P was announced.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:32 PM 12-18-2020
Avg volume 10 days is 53m. Right now it's already at 63m
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:59 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Avg volume 10 days is 53m. Right now it's already at 63m
The other interesting part is that other stocks will be selling off to rebalance index funds. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, I guess.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/18/trad...he-sp-500.html
[Reply]
Page 428 of 934
« First < 328378418424425426427428 429430431432438478528928 > Last »
Up