ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:07 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
So if Zach Wilson is an obvious bust, even to casual fans, what do you think Jets could receive for him in a trade?
By all means it will be interesting to see how this process moves forward as each party tries to maximize their return. Who knows, maybe Zach has learned his lesson and will allow himself to be traded for the league minimum because he feels bad about what he said... :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:12 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
By all means it will be interesting to see how this process moves forward as each party tries to maximize their return. Who knows, maybe Zach has learned his lesson and will allow himself to be traded for the league minimum because he feels bad about what he said... :-)
League minimum pertains to salary, not picks, you knuckledragger.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:13 PM 11-30-2022
You also had a lack of faith in Tua. That's why I asked you if you think he's still not good.

The topic is Zach and when to write off a QB so Tua is a recent QB that illustrates this.
Would Tyreek had made Zach a good QB? :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:14 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Interesting thought experiment.

I still say no.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:15 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
League minimum pertains to salary, not picks, you knuckledragger.
Are you saying he can't feel super-bad and be willing to take a cut in pay (to the minimum) as a way to let the NYJs know how bad he feels for upsetting them? Who knows, maybe he'll drive a hard bargain and get as much as he can in the process...

:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:18 PM 11-30-2022

I still say no.
I tend to agree just by watching his throws. He has been wildly inaccurate and missed guys by feet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:19 PM 11-30-2022
Maybe Zach should've played better and kept his dumb mouth shut. Or just played better. like up to NFL average maybe, instead of shitting his pants.
[Reply]
-King- 05:26 PM 11-30-2022
You also had a lack of faith in Tua. That's why I asked you if you think he's still not good.

The topic is Zach and when to write off a QB so Tua is a recent QB that illustrates this.
Tua's first 20 starts: 4358 yards 27 touchdowns 15 INTs on 66% completion

Zach Wilson's first 20 starts: 3613 yards 13 touchdowns 16 INTs on 55% completion

Why are you comparing the two?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:29 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Tua's first 20 starts: 4358 yards 27 touchdowns 15 INTs on 66% completion

Zach Wilson's first 20 starts: 3613 yards 13 touchdowns 16 INTs on 55% completion

Why are you comparing the two?
:-) Not to mention a pretty significant part of why folks can be sour on Tua is the injury history. Which he unfortunately hasn't really dispelled so far in his NFL career.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:30 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe Zach should've played better and kept his dumb mouth shut. Or just played better. like up to NFL average maybe, instead of shitting his pants.
Zack had his team at 6-4 when he was replaced, Russell Wilson had the Donks at 3-7. Interesting. But Zach's suck had his team with better records than these teams:

New England
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Indy
Jacksonville
Houston
LAC
Las Vegas

I'll let you figure our how many QBs he must be better than based on the average.

Again, I have no problem with the NYJs getting rid of him, like Eli not wanting to play for San Diego, perhaps it's a win-win for all parties.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:55 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not on the Jets.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:24 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

I think you're confusing a complete lack of faith in Zach Wilson as faith in someone else.

Stick to the topic, please.
It's amazing how often people intentionally, or unintentionally, think not believing in one side means supporting the other.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:26 PM 11-30-2022

I still say no.
What an amazing world it would be if we could just change a channel and view the alternate universe where this existed. The entertainment value would be off the charts.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:27 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Zack had his team at 6-4 when he was replaced, Russell Wilson had the Donks at 3-7. Interesting. But Zach's suck had his team with better records than these teams:

New England
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Indy
Jacksonville
Houston
LAC
Las Vegas

I'll let you figure our how many QBs he must be better than based on the average.

Again, I have no problem with the NYJs getting rid of him, like Eli not wanting to play for San Diego, perhaps it's a win-win for all parties.
I wasn't aware that NYJ had let Wilson go? thought they were sitting him until he grew up or whatever.

As for Wilson, as I understand it, he was winning when he had that RB, Hall, iirc. When he went down, Wilson's play took a dive, yes? Now at first, I thought, "well, most rookie QBs need some semblance of a running game, so that figures." Then this White kid went out there and threw for over 300 yds and 3 TDs? And didn't Wilson throw for something like 100 yds in the last game he started?

I freely admit I know shit about either of these guys for the most part, but it seems pretty clear that White can make their offense work, with or without Hall. Maybe he doesn't have the big arm, but he looked accurate enough and smart enough to me last week.

And you don't really need a big arm to be extremely successful in the NFL. You do need to be accurate enough and smart enough to win consistently, but a big arm isn't a prerequisite.

My short take on the situation is keep and play the guy that understands how to play QB at the NFL level. ditch the guy that can't, regardless of how dazzling his arm might be if it's connected to a ten-cent head.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:02 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I wasn't aware that NYJ had let Wilson go? thought they were sitting him until he grew up or whatever.

As for Wilson, as I understand it, he was winning when he had that RB, Hall, iirc. When he went down, Wilson's play took a dive, yes? Now at first, I thought, "well, most rookie QBs need some semblance of a running game, so that figures." Then this White kid went out there and threw for over 300 yds and 3 TDs? And didn't Wilson throw for something like 100 yds in the last game he started?

I freely admit I know shit about either of these guys for the most part, but it seems pretty clear that White can make their offense work, with or without Hall. Maybe he doesn't have the big arm, but he looked accurate enough and smart enough to me last week.

And you don't really need a big arm to be extremely successful in the NFL. You do need to be accurate enough and smart enough to win consistently, but a big arm isn't a prerequisite.

My short take on the situation is keep and play the guy that understands how to play QB at the NFL level. ditch the guy that can't, regardless of how dazzling his arm might be if it's connected to a ten-cent head.
Mike White played last year and was awful.

Entering the draft the comp that stuck with me was Brock Osweiler.

Osweiler got 72 million, maybe White can pull something similar.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 32
« First < 202627282930 3132 >
Up