ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Eleazar 12:43 PM 11-28-2022
I find it amusing that Chris Simms and Dan Orlovsky have been dubbed a couple of gurus about what it takes to be a great QB.

Of course one could also say that if he looks bad to those guys, ouch
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:48 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
When the Jets trade him, if they're that dumb, some team is going to win that trade.

Please be Atlanta.

Give Zach Drake London (who many on this board said was garbage pre-draft) and Kyle Pitts plus Arthur Smith.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:50 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Notice the complete lack of self-awareness or introspection?

Are we SURE we haven't stumbled onto Wilson's burner account here?
Lets have a mod check and see how much time MahomesMagic has spent in this thread and we may have the proof......

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256687
[Reply]
BWillie 12:54 PM 11-28-2022
When the Jets trade him, if they're that dumb, some team is going to win that trade.
Not sure how. The guy is a JAG. Now is the best time to salvage some value for him.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:55 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Lets have a mod check and see how much time MahomesMagic has spent in this thread and we may have the proof......

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256687
The thread has almost 400 posts from >75 distinct posters in it, but he has made ~25% of all posts in it.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:56 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I find it amusing that Chris Simms and Dan Orlovsky have been dubbed a couple of gurus about what it takes to be a great QB.

The best players almost never make the best coaches or evaluators of talent, exception being Bird. Most good coaches and scouts were mediocre players.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 PM 11-28-2022
The thread has almost 400 posts from >75 distinct posters in it, but he has made ~25% of all posts in it.
He has almost 100 posts. The next two posters come in around 25.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:43 PM 11-28-2022
I see Mike White had his annual monster game. I'm pretty sure he had one last season too. Could be wrong.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11-28-2022, 02:50 PM
This message has been deleted by Megatron96.
Megatron96 02:52 PM 11-28-2022

Andy Reid was a mediocre OL.

I'll say this about Mike White. He played very well, and by that, I mean he played within the offense and didn't make a lot of costly mistakes. If he can repeat the performance consistently, he'll be the QB1 going forward.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:57 PM 11-28-2022
i don’t think anyone is calling Mike White the answer. But a journeyman/nobody being a drop-in upgrade doesn’t speak well of a #2 overall pick.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:05 PM 11-28-2022
Soon enough the NYJ team will probably come to realize Zach wasn't wrong, just too honest. But hey, the QB makes the money so it's "their fault" even when it isn't their fault. Had Zach not been running for his life so much, perhaps a case could be made that "he let the D down", but since he was trying to stay alive because of his O-line, maybe he's not wrong that he didn't let them down. But I get it, take all the blame because you make the money.

I suspect some team is about to be gifted a pretty darn OK QB.

Remember when everybody hated Eli Manning because he all but refused to play for the Chargers? He too was too honest. I'll bet they really hated it later when he put on two SB rings. Well, not NYG fans. Let's see if Zach can pull a Manning, even if the origins of him getting to his new team are different.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:54 PM 11-28-2022
Soon enough the NYJ team will probably come to realize Zach wasn't wrong, just too honest. But hey, the QB makes the money so it's "their fault" even when it isn't their fault. Had Zach not been running for his life so much, perhaps a case could be made that "he let the D down", but since he was trying to stay alive because of his O-line, maybe he's not wrong that he didn't let them down. But I get it, take all the blame because you make the money.

I suspect some team is about to be gifted a pretty darn OK QB.

Remember when everybody hated Eli Manning because he all but refused to play for the Chargers? He too was too honest. I'll bet they really hated it later when he put on two SB rings. Well, not NYG fans. Let's see if Zach can pull a Manning, even if the origins of him getting to his new team are different.
The GloryDerp kiss of death.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:04 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The GloryDerp kiss of death.
:-) I'm not the one giving up a perfectly good QB for a dude who they didn't think was as talented the previous part of the year. Hey, the Jets are going to Jets, giving up on the second pick in the draft because he was honest and correct.
[Reply]
Stro39 11:08 PM 11-29-2022
I'm a Jets fan, Zach Wilson does have a case of the yips, but a bigger issue is that he just doesn't see wide open receivers. The transition in his reads is just bad for the NFL level and this has caused big friction between Wilson and the rest of the team. We've likely whiffed on that pick, but I don't blame our FO for it. We have a very good GM and scouting group, its just a very hard position to predict and things have to go your way with the player. They haven't with Wilson for us.

I'm sure most Chiefs fans on here know how good they have it. Mahomes is arguably a top 5 talent at the QB position of all time. I'd certainly have him well over someone like Tom Brady, who many think is the best of all time, in terms of pure talent.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:11 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Stro39:
I'm a Jets fan, Zach Wilson does have a case of the yips, but a bigger issue is that he just doesn't see wide open receivers. The transition in his reads is just bad for the NFL level and this has caused big friction between Wilson and the rest of the team. We've likely whiffed on that pick, but I don't blame our FO for it. We have a very good GM and scouting group, its just a very hard position to predict and things have to go your way with the player. They haven't with Wilson for us.

I'm sure most Chiefs fans on here know how good they have it. Mahomes is arguably a top 5 talent at the QB position of all time. I'd certainly have him well over someone like Tom Brady, who many think is the best of all time, in terms of pure talent.
Enjoy your next do-nothing QB who is willing to not speak the truth.

As long as your players buy tickets they can go and watch two other teams in the Super bowl.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up