ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 472 of 3903
« First < 372422462468469470471472 4734744754764825225729721472 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:13 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Comparing H1N1 and this virus is a future exercise. I wanted to try and do the same in the beginning, but they're not comparable.
True, we had 1MM confirmed cases of H1N1 in the same 72 day timeframe that we now have 12K or so cases of Covid-19 confirmed.

Either we have way more cases than we know of Covid-19 which means its not nearly as lethal as stated, or we don't and its not nearly as contagious.

I don't see how that's disputable.

Anyway that will be my last post on my opinion of "numbers".
[Reply]
Donger 02:13 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I disagree. By your own theoretical numbers we won't have near 16,000 deaths nor would we without the lock down which is what H1N1 had.
You disagree that SARS-CoV-2 has an R0 of 2 to 3? You disagree that the fatality rates is much higher than H1N1?

I don't think we'll have the super scary numbers that some are putting out there, no. And that's because we are locking down.

And, I'm well-aware that we'll never know for sure what would have happened if we hadn't locked things down, and some people will say, "See! No big deal! Overreaction."
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:14 PM 03-19-2020

Travel Advisory: Level 4 - The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of #COVID19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the US should arrange for immediate return. pic.twitter.com/MydSzFffYd

— Travel - State Dept (@TravelGov) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:15 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes, sir!

My 10 year old (at the time) was and still is a HUGE Journey fan. On Christmas Eve, 2018, I took her to the store to buy food for Christmas Dinner and we ran into the One & Only, Steve Perry!

He was extremely nice and gracious and even took a few pictures with my daughter. She printed out the photo of her and Steve and put it on the cover of her school notebook, used it as a screensaver, etc.

I've run into tons of musicians (most of whom I've known) and actors/actresses there. :-)
So cool. I would have loved that too. We stayed at Universal Studios/Hotel.

Ate at the In and Out Burger too that was mentioned.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:18 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You disagree that SARS-CoV-2 has an R0 of 2 to 3? You disagree that the fatality rates is much higher than H1N1?

I don't think we'll have the super scary numbers that some are putting out there, no. And that's because we are locking down.

And, I'm well-aware that we'll never know for sure what would have happened if we hadn't locked things down, and some people will say, "See! No big deal! Overreaction."
I'm not getting into the numbers again as I said I wouldn't but my opinion is this-

If you are going to crush the economy and put people out of business and cause massive economic hardship to millions of people over this, "Better safe than sorry" alone isn't a good enough reason.
[Reply]
Donger 02:20 PM 03-19-2020
I'm not getting into the numbers again as I said I wouldn't but my opinion is this-

If you are going to crush the economy and put people out of business and cause massive economic hardship to millions of people over this, "Better safe than sorry" alone isn't a good enough reason.
Of course you aren't going to get into the numbers, because they show that this bug is more contagious and deadly than H1N1, and that's why we are locking down when we didn't then, which was your question. Those numbers ARE the reason.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:23 PM 03-19-2020
Of course you aren't going to get into the numbers, because they show that this bug is more contagious and deadly than H1N1, and that's why we are locking down when we didn't then, which was your question. Those numbers ARE the reason.
How is Covid-19 more contagious than H1N1 if 975,000 more people had H1N1 in the same timeframe from the start of the outbreak to day 72?

Explain that.
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:24 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
We’ve been eyeing a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT for some time. If FCA comes up with a zero percent financing deal it might push us over the edge. Best I could find was for a Compass or Renegade. A huge negative is there isn’t an SRT that matches our wants in our state and hasn’t been since we started looking.
I've had my eye on a few Chrysler 300 S' for quite some time now. I really like the facelift post-2015 they got.

Note: No, I'm not a drug dealer lol
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:25 PM 03-19-2020
Sean Payton tested positive.
[Reply]
Donger 02:27 PM 03-19-2020
How is Covid-19 more contagious than H1N1 if 975,000 more people had H1N1 in the same timeframe from the start of the outbreak to day 72?

Explain that.
Were did you get this 72 day figure from?
[Reply]
DaFace 02:27 PM 03-19-2020

Explain that.
H1N1 originated in North America, as a start. It took two months for COVID-19 to get to the U.S.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:30 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
H1N1 originated in the North America, as a start. It took two months for COVID-19 to get to the U.S.
Sure but his point still stands. We haven't topped 200k yet (That we know) at this time in H1N1 we had over a million in the world infected.

So it really break down to either China Virus is alot less deadly and more people have it than we know by a factor of 5. Or its not a easy to spread as H1N1 thus far.
[Reply]
jjjayb 02:31 PM 03-19-2020

Fatality rates based on what? Known cases or estimated cases? We have no idea how many people actually have this now. Especially when you read reports that some people have it and don't even know they have it. That most cases are mild with some not showing any signs of having it. The more people that have this the lower the fatality rate. I think the number of people who have it or have had it is much higher than what is reported.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:32 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Small business owner here.

Luckily for us, we can do everything remotely and with places closing down all over the country, we've actually been busier than normal.
Undertaker?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:33 PM 03-19-2020
Were did you get this 72 day figure from?
As I suspected you didn't read all the posts leading up to the convo you butted in on and started arguing numbers that are incorrect.
[Reply]
Page 472 of 3903
« First < 372422462468469470471472 4734744754764825225729721472 > Last »
Up