ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3656 of 3903
« First < 2656315635563606364636523653365436553656 3657365836593660366637063756 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 02:09 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Is that person masking currently then to try and protect themselves/others or just doing business as usual.
Yep, masks up and doesn't think twice about it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:24 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Otter shared logical, reasonable thoughts. You mostly sound like an idiot because your ideology controls you so much that you can't listen to reason.
My position is essentially just “Hey, maybe we should consider the possibility that this thing isn’t quite as safe as it’s alleged to be before taking part in this global experiment.”

Seems like a reasonable approach. But it doesn’t have a massive marketing campaign behind it. And those who disagree aren’t being silenced.

Frankly, I’m probably one of the least biased posters in this thread. Most of you are desperate to justify your decision to get the shots. Those who are healthcare providers want to believe in it so that you can sleep at night.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:43 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yep, masks up and doesn't think twice about it.
Good, glad to hear that.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:18 PM 08-15-2021
@IAmJenMcG: Arnold Schwarzenegger: Don't Be a Schmuck. Put on a Mask. - The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ccines/619746/
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:20 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
My position is essentially just “Hey, maybe we should consider the possibility that this thing isn’t quite as safe as it’s alleged to be before taking part in this global experiment.”

Seems like a reasonable approach. But it doesn’t have a massive marketing campaign behind it. And those who disagree aren’t being silenced.

Frankly, I’m probably one of the least biased posters in this thread. Most of you are desperate to justify your decision to get the shots. Those who are healthcare providers want to believe in it so that you can sleep at night.
LOL, definitely the least biased. Have you talked to a healthcare provider? They are not sleeping at night right now because they are burnt the hell out over COVID. They want people to get vaccinated so THEY can sleep at night, finally.

Doctors are some of the most educated out there who went through a decade of the most intensive training imaginable. They know the science better than the majority of us. If they had a magical jumping bean that could reduce their stress and return hospitals to normal, don't you think they'd be the first ones to do it?

If doctors didn't think vaccines worked, then why the hell would they encourage people to vaccinate which we've seen relaxes social distancing protocol. If the vaccines didn't work, this recommendation would overload hospitals again.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:56 PM 08-15-2021

Medical professionals don’t like wasting their time dealing with stuff that can be easily avoidable or caused by self induced stupidity they are busy enough .
[Reply]
TLO 04:59 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Medical professionals don’t like wasting their time dealing with stuff that can be easily avoidable or caused by self induced stupidity they are busy enough .
Well then they should be prescribing these covid patients ivermictin... Duh
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:13 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
LOL, definitely the least biased. Have you talked to a healthcare provider? They are not sleeping at night right now because they are burnt the hell out over COVID. They want people to get vaccinated so THEY can sleep at night, finally.

Doctors are some of the most educated out there who went through a decade of the most intensive training imaginable. They know the science better than the majority of us. If they had a magical jumping bean that could reduce their stress and return hospitals to normal, don't you think they'd be the first ones to do it?

If doctors didn't think vaccines worked, then why the hell would they encourage people to vaccinate which we've seen relaxes social distancing protocol. If the vaccines didn't work, this recommendation would overload hospitals again.
That depends on who and where. In Lawrence, it’s like severe illness from Covid doesn’t exist. Months into the pandemic last year, I was told by someone at LMH that they hadn’t had a single hospitalization for Covid. I don’t know of anyone in town who had more than mild symptoms, if any.

However, I know of two people who died within a few days of receiving the vaccine, and others who say they haven’t felt right since.

Obviously, plenty of doctors are behind it. There are also plenty of doctors who simply follow Pharma’s and the CDC’s recommendations. Why do you immediately side with those doctors vs those who voice concerns?

Some live in a fantasy world in which all medical professionals are in full support. If that were the case, I don’t think the FSMB would have felt the need to threaten to revoke licenses ”in response to a dramatic increase in the dissemination of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and disinformation by physicians and other health care professionals on social media platforms, online and in the media.

Why are the opinions of brave people with a lot to lose automatically dismissed in favor of those who have a lot to gain? Due to your biases and refusal to believe anything but the common narrative. You’re scared of being wrong.
[Reply]
TLO 05:18 PM 08-15-2021
Anecdotal evidence is fun!
[Reply]
Monticore 05:18 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Well then they should be prescribing these covid patients ivermictin... Duh
They love making things more challenging and toying with peoples lives.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:27 PM 08-15-2021
That depends on who and where. In Lawrence, it’s like severe illness from Covid doesn’t exist. Months into the pandemic last year, I was told by someone at LMH that they hadn’t had a single hospitalization for Covid. I don’t know of anyone in town who had more than mild symptoms, if any.

However, I know of two people who died within a few days of receiving the vaccine, and others who say they haven’t felt right since.

Obviously, plenty of doctors are behind it. There are also plenty of doctors who simply follow Pharma’s and the CDC’s recommendations. Why do you immediately side with those doctors vs those who voice concerns?

Some live in a fantasy world in which all medical professionals are in full support. If that were the case, I don’t think the FSMB would have felt the need to threaten to revoke licenses ”in response to a dramatic increase in the dissemination of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation and disinformation by physicians and other health care professionals on social media platforms, online and in the media.

Why are the opinions of brave people with a lot to lose automatically dismissed in favor of those who have a lot to gain? Due to your biases and refusal to believe anything but the common narrative. You’re scared of being wrong.
The CDC has pretty zero influence on doctors outside the us, yet they are dealing with similar issues all over the world.

Doctors have peoples lives to lose and their medical license so they don’t tend to do things all Willy nilly like and don’t give a shit about big pharma if the drugs don’t work they don’t use it, my wife could prescribe HCQ for yeast infections to help increase fertility or ED but some would consider that bad medicine.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:28 PM 08-15-2021

They are not automatically dismissed they are just proven wrong.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:29 PM 08-15-2021

I am not scared of being wrong. I do not have a medical degree and I suspect you don't either. So yeah, I'm going to trust them more than a common citizen who read a few articles on Twitter.

I question those beliefs plenty especially given the wishy washiness of the CDC. I have heard opinions from people on all ends of the political spectrum. That includes my small hometown where many doctors I knew gave HCQ their best shot and decided it wasn't a cure all.

And I have done enough research to recognize the enormous danger of small numbers. Because one doctor reported this even though we have no idea his testing methods or what controls they used. Because a few doctors said something I agree with so I'll cherrypick info I want to hear. It's fine to be skeptical of all the data. But your belief rests on the assumption that the vast majority of some of our smartest doctors (who, despite what you think, mostly do genuinely want to help patients) in the thousands are collectively in on this conspiracy to not help patients or do something that would dramatically reduce their stress. So no, while it's fine to be skeptical of the data, no I don't believe that the vast majority of our service workers are part of a massive conspiracy.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:44 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I am not scared of being wrong. I do not have a medical degree and I suspect you don't either. So yeah, I'm going to trust them more than a common citizen who read a few articles on Twitter.

I question those beliefs plenty especially given the wishy washiness of the CDC. I have heard opinions from people on all ends of the political spectrum. That includes my small hometown where many doctors I knew gave HCQ their best shot and decided it wasn't a cure all.

And I have done enough research to recognize the enormous danger of small numbers. Because one doctor reported this even though we have no idea his testing methods or what controls they used. Because a few doctors said something I agree with so I'll cherrypick info I want to hear. It's fine to be skeptical of all the data. But your belief rests on the assumption that the vast majority of some of our smartest doctors (who, despite what you think, mostly do genuinely want to help patients) in the thousands are collectively in on this conspiracy to not help patients or do something that would dramatically reduce their stress. So no, while it's fine to be skeptical of the data, no I don't believe that the vast majority of our service workers are part of a massive conspiracy.
No one's talking about a massive conspiracy among medical professionals. But how many doctors do you think will publicly voice their concerns when threatened with revocation of their licenses?
[Reply]
Monticore 05:50 PM 08-15-2021
No one's talking about a massive conspiracy among medical professionals. But how many doctors do you think will publicly voice their concerns when threatened with revocation of their licenses?
For 15min of fame ,YouTube views and to sell books and other products , too many.
[Reply]
Page 3656 of 3903
« First < 2656315635563606364636523653365436553656 3657365836593660366637063756 > Last »
Up